Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 21st 2011, 06:43 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Sacramento... do I dare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolo View Post
I do live in Sacramento, and you've been getting pretty good advice. Power Balance (hurts to say that after being Arco Arena for so long) is a little removed from hotspots. As some folks have mentioned, there are definitely places to drink nearby in Natomas (many that I've hit up before Kings games), but the "cooler" spots will most likely been in the Downtown area.
So - is it safe to stay downtown? In some ways that is my preference - it really depends on if I decide to hang out by the back door and hope for sound check meeting - or if I decide to just drink at a bar...
Old October 21st 2011, 06:43 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichristina View Post
So my niece says downtown is your best bet for cool bars. She says de Vere's www.deverespub.com on 15th & L st. is very relaxed but nice and not too divey. Or, Dive Bar http://divebarsacramento.com/index-home.html on 11th & K st. is casual and cool with a mermaid swimming in a tank (who knew?). I wonder what that job is like. I'll let you know if I hear of any other recommendations.
sweet - thanks so much! I may have to look into hotels near these and just cab it from there...
Old October 21st 2011, 09:08 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Don't forget to update all of us that are living vicariously through your adventure on what an awesome time you have!!! So glad you are able to make it happen and can't wait to hear your recap
Old October 21st 2011, 09:29 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I'm thinking the same thing. Do I fly into SAC for the one nighter? Went to my first show last Thursday at the Forum and it was insane. Best show, hands down, of any show I've ever seen. I was exhausted after the 3hr set. How are they managing that passion every night? Why didn't I see these guys sooner...been a fan forever????? Now I want to go to SAC but want GA floor seats this time. I saw some on TKMaster last week, not there anymore. Hmmm?
Old October 21st 2011, 09:42 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FooForYou View Post
I'm thinking the same thing. Do I fly into SAC for the one nighter? Went to my first show last Thursday at the Forum and it was insane. Best show, hands down, of any show I've ever seen. I was exhausted after the 3hr set. How are they managing that passion every night? Why didn't I see these guys sooner...been a fan forever????? Now I want to go to SAC but want GA floor seats this time. I saw some on TKMaster last week, not there anymore. Hmmm?
Do it!

I bought my ticket from VividSeats - ended up paying 2x face, but got a great seat and I figure if I am traveling on a whim, I really want to make it count, so I am ok with it. They still have GAs - from $67 + fees/delivery - so it would be pricey... depends on how bad you want it!

http://www.vividseats.com/shop/viewT...tionId=1150119
Old October 22nd 2011, 05:24 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Have fun for me as well, I checked my budget and couldnt swing it but if I could I would NOT HESITATE to go to Sac, I am still amped from the SLC show 10 days ago I want more !!!
Old October 22nd 2011, 09:13 AM
Have you found your way around

It shall be a night to remember- the Rock Gods will smile upon us all-
cheers :>
Old October 22nd 2011, 03:09 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmenning View Post
Do it!

I bought my ticket from VividSeats - ended up paying 2x face, but got a great seat and I figure if I am traveling on a whim, I really want to make it count, so I am ok with it. They still have GAs - from $67 + fees/delivery - so it would be pricey... depends on how bad you want it!

http://www.vividseats.com/shop/viewT...tionId=1150119
I won't be able to make it to the Sacramento show as my road trip up the Pacific northwest is now confirmed! Yeah! I'll be somewhere between Portland and Seattle on Nov. 1st. Since I've heard life on the lawn at the Shoreline is simply a lot of suck, I'm going to skip the Bridge School Benefit on Sunday.

I'll be around virtually to see how the trip and the show goes for you! You'll have a great time!

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb
Old October 22nd 2011, 05:31 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
So - is it safe to stay downtown? In some ways that is my preference - it really depends on if I decide to hang out by the back door and hope for sound check meeting - or if I decide to just drink at a bar...
If you're talking about where to get your hotel, there's no real wrong answer. If you want to be near the arena, Natomas is the way to go. Downtown Sacramento is about 5-7 miles south on I-5 and both places are plenty safe.
Old October 23rd 2011, 02:23 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolo View Post
If you're talking about where to get your hotel, there's no real wrong answer. If you want to be near the arena, Natomas is the way to go. Downtown Sacramento is about 5-7 miles south on I-5 and both places are plenty safe.
Thanks for the reassurance. I told a friend of mine that I was going and she basically freaked. I guess she ended up in the wrong part and heard a lot of gunshots??? Anyway, this concerned my husband (and me too I guess)... but seriously, every city (and even small towns like Flagstaff AZ where I live) have their "bad" parts. So now I just have to pick!
Old October 23rd 2011, 02:29 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Thanks for the reassurance. I told a friend of mine that I was going and she basically freaked. I guess she ended up in the wrong part and heard a lot of gunshots??? Anyway, this concerned my husband (and me too I guess)... but seriously, every city (and even small towns like Flagstaff AZ where I live) have their "bad" parts. So now I just have to pick!
Narrow your choices down to 2-3 in each location and the Sac people here can help you pick something safe. No worries, mate!!!
Old October 23rd 2011, 06:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichristina View Post
Narrow your choices down to 2-3 in each location and the Sac people here can help you pick something safe. No worries, mate!!!
Good idea. We'll help wmenning out.
Old October 23rd 2011, 06:31 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Wmenning, might be we can go to the same hotel, or something near by so we can carpool? Travelling all the way from Costa Rica is just as scary for me!

Old October 24th 2011, 06:55 PM
I'll Stick Around

OK - I was going to post my options but came up w a great rate in the location I wanted (downtown).

Bar adjacent = check!

So I am ending up near Capitol Park - and will be literally right around the corner from De Vere's Irish Pub.

thanks again for all of the help!