Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 17th 2011, 10:58 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Boston tomorrow?

My husband has been a Foo fan since the first album, and he helped turn me into a fan over the course of the last 12 years. Last night we saw FF for the first time live. Fucking awesome. My ears are still ringing, but well worth it. It's sad that it's taken us so many years to see them live, but it seems like the last few times they made it to MA, they were playing in Worcester in the middle of the week. Seeing as we work early mornings and live less than ten miles from Boston, we couldn't go. This time, however, we decided to forgo sleep, voices, and hearing, and it was worth every cent. We had very decent seats (loge 21, row 12), and it was an experience we'll remember forever. Must see them again!
Old November 17th 2011, 11:11 PM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayzo View Post
We had very decent seats (loge 21, row 12),
This all by itself makes this awesome.
Old November 17th 2011, 11:19 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
Tim's mom?
If its true, its fabulous!

I feel good about the good things; I feel bad about the bad things. I wouldn't changes thing.
Old November 18th 2011, 02:05 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBB7 View Post
I think they wrapped last night around 11:40. Which worked perfectly for my 12:10 train. Great show... Taylor was a beast last night.
I dragged my friend who is a casual fan to put it mildly, and by the time the show was over, she was in awe/love with Taylor. At work today she kept telling everyone how kickass, awesome, and amazing the drummer is. I actually think she was crushing on him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpalace View Post
Great show but there seemed to be some pretty lackluster responses to the songs from the new album. Arlandria rocked, but everybody was sitting on their hands. Taylor also killed it as Bob Mould on Dear Rosemary.
We were in Club seats, and there were several people in the first few rows who sat for the entire show. There was definitely more enthusiasm for the popular songs than for anything from WL except for Bridge Burning and Rope.
Old November 18th 2011, 02:48 AM
The Boss

Yeah, that was my Mom. Haha.
Old November 18th 2011, 12:28 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
She's very cute. If I had known who she was I would've slapped the 2 rude girls that pushed their way past her to get to empty seats.
Old November 18th 2011, 01:03 PM
Yo.

Quote:
I love it that you parents went to the show and are Foo Fans now. Fantastic. Foo merch for Christmas!
Old November 18th 2011, 01:37 PM
The Boss

Yeah, I was kinda worried with the volume and how weird the sound seemed in that corner of the arena. But Dave + Chris were both so friendly to them before the show, that I'm pretty sure the whole thing could've been a Foo Fighters salute to GWAR, complete with props, costumes, blood, etc and they still would've loved it.

The fact that Dave was blowing her kisses was pretty much the icing on the cake.

I'm not sure I'll worry about them going to every show from now on, but considering that in like early early 2002, there was a point where I was potentially going to be going on tour to essentially do "blackbox" type stuff and I told both my parents about it, and i'm almost positive they still didn't believe I even really knew or worked for the band? Bringing them to that was pretty special.
Old November 18th 2011, 01:58 PM
Visiting is pretty...

This show re-inspired me to get my foo ink touched up... I have been tweaking designs all week
DCU Center 2/18/08
Boston Garden 11/16/2011
Old November 18th 2011, 02:23 PM
Yo.

Quote:
Yeah, I was kinda worried with the volume and how weird the sound seemed in that corner of the arena. But Dave + Chris were both so friendly to them before the show, that I'm pretty sure the whole thing could've been a Foo Fighters salute to GWAR, complete with props, costumes, blood, etc and they still would've loved it.

The fact that Dave was blowing her kisses was pretty much the icing on the cake.

I'm not sure I'll worry about them going to every show from now on, but considering that in like early early 2002, there was a point where I was potentially going to be going on tour to essentially do "blackbox" type stuff and I told both my parents about it, and i'm almost positive they still didn't believe I even really knew or worked for the band? Bringing them to that was pretty special.
This is indeed a special memory - something to cherish!