Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 9th 2012, 06:22 PM
Never knowing who to believe

Default Re: Pretty sure this a complete Million $ Demo minus vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
Some people just like the exclusivity and if they made the recording themselves who are we to say what they should do with their recording? The MDDs are obviously different because the people who have them didn't record them but still if they give you them on the agreement you don't share them, again why go against that?
Because THEY went against it! Duh!

Here, I stole a million and I'll give you a thousand from it. That's hypocrisy in my book.

Old May 9th 2012, 06:57 PM
Send in the congregation...

This has been a really intriguing 14 page read for me, and as the pages have gone on (and on) it really as got me thinking about us as fans.
I don't post here often anymore, quite frankly I'm not interesting enough to be able to contribute to that many conversations, but those that do know me will be aware of how big a fan I have been of the band for the last 15 years.

I completely undertand the hysteria but I also get the gentleman's agreement vibe... if it has real logic behind it. I used to be such an elitist collector but realised I would far rather spend my time and money seeing the band than collecting things that would just sit on a shelf or hard drive. People are always going to be protective of their collections but, particularly with something like this, advertising the fact that you have them is like a big F-U to other fans if you are not going to share them in some way. The notion that someone was on here scouting for 'big enough fans' to pass them onto, but banning subsequent sharing, is also a completely bullshit logic in so many ways I'm not even going to get into it. Anyone pandering to that, I'm afraid, would have to fall into the 'elitist hoarder' category in my eyes (for what that is worth).

The tracks are something we would all like to hear, but for whatever reason it seems that they are going to elude those of us deemed unworthy by the Million Dollar Demi-God. I completely agree with the 'I stole a million, here's a thousand' analogy so but can we really do anything about that? No. The hoarders either need to put them out there, or drop the conversation.

I was hoping to see the mudslinging end, but reading that back it will probably just start hitting me. Nevermind...
Brixton 99/Reading 00/Brixton 00/Brixton 00/V2001 Staff/V2001 Chelms/Oxegen 02/T in the Park 02/Reading 02/Astoria 02/CD:UK 02/Manchester 02/Newcastle 02/Birmingham 02/Cardiff 02/Wembley 02/Wembley 02/V2003 Chelms/V2003 Staff/Glasgow Green 03/Oxegen 05/Reading 05/Earls Court 05/Apollo Victoria 06/Hyde Park 06/Brighton 07/'606' @ V2007 Chelmsford/V2007 Chelmsford/O2 Arena 07/Wembley 08/Brixton 11/MK Bowl 11/MK Bowl day 2/Belfast 21/8/12/MK Bowl 6/9/15
Old May 9th 2012, 07:10 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

My philosophy has always been if you have something rare share with it with the fans who want to hear it. The only reason I held on to my MDD of Have it All was for the hope of more being released. After a year of that not happening I was more than happy to share it with you all. Keeping rare recordings circulating among a select cadre of people in the name of some agreement is ridiculous. Almost everyone posting here is a die hard fan of the band.
Old May 9th 2012, 07:17 PM
Send in the congregation...

Like I say, all for letting this lie now but this just occured to me...
Yes, I am the owner of the only official 7" vinyl copy of The One in the world; if that had an excusive track on it, would I keep it to myself?
NO.
Sounds stupid, but that was a bit of an epiphany to me...
Brixton 99/Reading 00/Brixton 00/Brixton 00/V2001 Staff/V2001 Chelms/Oxegen 02/T in the Park 02/Reading 02/Astoria 02/CD:UK 02/Manchester 02/Newcastle 02/Birmingham 02/Cardiff 02/Wembley 02/Wembley 02/V2003 Chelms/V2003 Staff/Glasgow Green 03/Oxegen 05/Reading 05/Earls Court 05/Apollo Victoria 06/Hyde Park 06/Brighton 07/'606' @ V2007 Chelmsford/V2007 Chelmsford/O2 Arena 07/Wembley 08/Brixton 11/MK Bowl 11/MK Bowl day 2/Belfast 21/8/12/MK Bowl 6/9/15

Last edited by y3foouk : May 9th 2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old May 9th 2012, 07:17 PM

Thumbs up Re: Pretty sure this a complete Million $ Demo minus vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBaller2k5 View Post
My philosophy has always been if you have something rare share with it with the fans who want to hear it. The only reason I held on to my MDD of Have it All was for the hope of more being released. After a year of that not happening I was more than happy to share it with you all. Keeping rare recordings circulating among a select cadre of people in the name of some agreement is ridiculous. Almost everyone posting here is a die hard fan of the band.
And you are REALLY cool for doing so . . . every time I see you post, I'm gonna be like "Have it All Guy!"

Old May 9th 2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y3foouk View Post
Like I say, all for letting this lie now but this just occured to me...
Yes, I am the owner of the only official 7" vinyl copy of The One in the world; if that had an excusive track on it, would I keep it to myself?
NO.
Sounds stupid, but that was a bit of an epiphany to me...
Same here . . . if I discovered I owned the only copy of an unknown Beethoven piece that was given to me under promise of secrecy, I would leak it anyways. The world and the fans deserve a chance to hear it.

Old May 9th 2012, 07:27 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Stacked Actor View Post
Same here . . . if I discovered I owned the only copy of an unknown Beethoven piece that was given to me under promise of secrecy, I would leak it anyways. The world and the fans deserve a chance to hear it.
Good for you, I wouldn't.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old May 9th 2012, 07:31 PM

Thumbs down Re: Pretty sure this a complete Million $ Demo minus vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
Good for you, I wouldn't.
Selfish.

Old May 9th 2012, 07:32 PM
Have you found your way around

Im trying to decide who are the bigger nerds -

those of us who keep an elitist image and brag a little about their honorable pacts regarding rare FF,

or us rest who are dying to hear even the tiniest snippet of a alternate version of a FF song. Like myself..

Last edited by Foo3001 : May 9th 2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old May 9th 2012, 07:45 PM

I don't think calling the people with the recordings names is going to help anyone.. Well maybe E. Stacked Actor just to vent a little. Which is somewhat understandable, he's probably been waiting to hear these for some time now.

I guess I could agree with both sides, if I made a promise I wouldn't break it. But I do think it's sort of lame of their source to ask this promise of them. Making a group they find big enough foo fans to enjoy this privelege.. kind of unfair, but so be it for now.
10-06-2010 Them Crooked Vultures, Heineken Music Hall
13-06-2011 Foo Fighters, Pinkpop

Deku Palace - Kraid's Lair - Storm Eagle

Last edited by Go-kart Mozart : May 9th 2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old May 9th 2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-kart Mozart View Post
I don't think calling the people with the recordings names is going to help anyone..
It really wasnt my intention to call anyone names -

I just find this situation quite funny with its nerdy inner circles and us frustrated nerds left out of them. This is like a Gary Larson drawing in a postboard-form..

I know I sure am a grade a - nerd when it comes to all things FF..
Old May 9th 2012, 08:09 PM

I do see both sides of the coin here (and some valid points were made by y3foouk in his post). I have seen a lot worse with other bands and their demos though, with fans offering to share six "incomplete" songs for $50 by shipping a CD overseas to you, for example. Luckily, it doesn't seem like anyone here or outside the board has stooped to that level, and kudos for that.

Naturally, everyone wants to hear them for the sheer reason of being curious and wanting to listen to any different versions that are out there. That's what music fans do, believe it or not (lol). And there's nothing wrong with that either. I don't really agree with those that ask why people want to hear "inferior" versions of songs off the band's "worst" album, or something to that effect. The old phrase is "one man's trash is another man's treasure." The reaction that some people have already had to the demos for Have It All and Come Back clearly demonstrate that. It's all subjective anyways.

Anyways, here's to hoping the other five songs leak out in full on YouTube sometime so they can finally be out there and we can move on. We're all fans in the end, and all we want is some damn music to keep our ears busy!
Old May 9th 2012, 08:12 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I completely understand the frustrations.
I initially came on here to find out some more info on the mdd tracks, once I could see thy were never leaked I contacted the person I got them from to see if it's ok to share them, the answer was no. I then made a clip of part of a song that had never been heard, which I shouldn't have done really as I was still leaking it, but I did want to give something back, and all it seems to have done is turned me into one of the hated few it seems.
I probably should have kept my mouth shut, not made that clip and carried on without annoying you all.
I apologize and should probably back off from here now as I don't want to cause any more grief on what seems a cool forum with some good people.
Old May 9th 2012, 08:20 PM

For the record, I do appreciate the people who came out to share some of the stuff with us (including you Percy!). I won't get into the debate about sharing or not too much, but hearing that stuff was pretty cool. Like I said, hopefully this gets resolved one way or another in the future without too many people getting riled up over it. We're all fans who want to hear stuff from the band, and I'd certainly rather have heard the demo songs and clip than not at all.
Old May 9th 2012, 08:21 PM

There's no point in arguing. You do have an obligation to not share if the person that gave it to you told you not to. It's our job as the have-nots to find those willing to break that promise. No reason to freak out at those that want keep promises.

To me its simple ... it belongs to the foos and if they don't want it out, that's totally up to them. It won't stop me from continually trying to acquire them however.

So in summary, to anyone that wants to be a total fucking cockhead, douchebag, backstabbing, no-good son-of-a-bitch, fuckwad and share the rest of these w/ me, please send me a PM!
Old May 9th 2012, 08:37 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Stacked Actor View Post
Selfish.
Respecting someone's wishes is selfish? Tell me, in your Beethoven example if you share the recording you got even though you were asked not to, what happens if the person finds another piece? He isn't going to send you anything else if you went against his wishes, is he? Same thing applies here.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old May 9th 2012, 08:39 PM
FooArchive

http://loudwire.com/foo-fighters-dem...of-one-by-one/

When a site (included in Google's news feed) posts an article about the tracks appearing online, its probably time for management, lawyers and a record company to take a more vested interest in goings on here.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old May 9th 2012, 08:41 PM

I wonder if the band has any thoughts on what happened here..
10-06-2010 Them Crooked Vultures, Heineken Music Hall
13-06-2011 Foo Fighters, Pinkpop

Deku Palace - Kraid's Lair - Storm Eagle
Old May 9th 2012, 08:44 PM
How Do You Do

they might think "fuck it, you've heard a few tracks now...have 'em all" ...or they might do absolutely nothing. the music is out there now.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old May 9th 2012, 08:50 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Bracey View Post
and people are complaining about not hearing a shitty version of arguably their worst album?
What's wrong with that?
It is their worst album, so there's lots of curiosity about hearing what was rejected as shitty in the first place. Especially since what we've heard so far is really good.