Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 31st 2016, 11:25 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: 2015 20th Ann Tour Posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_R_U View Post
Damn u!!! I'm the 1st bidder and was hoping to keep it quiet. Haha I'm just giving you a hard time about spreading the news. The fans here deserve to know if they didn't already. He had a buy it now set for $349 and I should've just done that but I took a chance... we shall see
I did wonder lol. I hope you don't regret not hitting the BN, but I wasn't sure so as it's quiet I at least wanted to give everyone a chance to know it was there. If it helps I won't be bidding
Old November 1st 2016, 08:40 AM
Have you found your way around

Strange.... That didn't appear on my searches. Too expensive for me, hopefully a normal one of those appears at some point in the future.
Old November 1st 2016, 10:33 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Can't buy another Gold Gems then FRU hehehe...

So I consoled myself with a nice Artist Print of the NYC 15 July 2015 EMEK SH Bridge. Have the gig version so wasn't high on my list - but under $100 and doodled, so a nice addition.
As I've looked at this image over the last year - it's the damned eight infinity "" building that now gets me every time. It was the "bridge" at first before, with the Sonic Highway theme being the road. Then the fact the bridge isn't actually ever a bridge once you realise, it's just the Sonic Highway... coming into frame, going right through the band (for album relational purposes, and because hey the guys can be high if they want lol) and then carrying on... represented curving off into the distance, presumably over and around the whole world.

So of course the bridge/highway is what's front and centre and ideologically so vitally important. Awesome image. So insightful. So layered. So clever. I get it - done deal !

And then you see the building... and the UFO

Fucking EMEK lol

Last edited by FooZealand : November 1st 2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old November 6th 2016, 05:34 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Damn u!!! I'm the 1st bidder and was hoping to keep it quiet. Haha I'm just giving you a hard time about spreading the news. The fans here deserve to know if they didn't already. He had a buy it now set for $349 and I should've just done that but I took a chance... we shall see
This is your year lol - US $259.00
Really really happy for you brother
Old November 6th 2016, 02:53 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
This is your year lol - US $259.00
Really really happy for you brother
Thanks brother! Yeah I was completely shocked that I was the only bidder. Now let's hope the seller actually ships it
Old November 7th 2016, 02:12 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Thanks brother! Yeah I was completely shocked that I was the only bidder. Now let's hope the seller actually ships it
Just pay and wait and cross your fingers. All I can add is never do what I did and get over communicative and say its paid and how happy you are to have won it. I had 360/500 of Daves Birthday in the round and stupidly mentioned how cool 360 was as it was the degrees of a circle...

It was shipped and two days later the seller says oh I sent yours to someone else would you like 361... and this was a seller with great feedback, and sure enough he never sent it to anyone else as a month later he had $350 on it (+$200).

And it never did sell... and then blow me down a long time later he put it up again at god knows what price and ended up accepting an offer of $400 for it about a month ago (this is like a over a year later now).

Sadly money (or sense of loss) can turn even nice people into total pricks. So never even accidentally rub it in their face lol.
Old November 7th 2016, 01:41 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Just pay and wait and cross your fingers. All I can add is never do what I did and get over communicative and say its paid and how happy you are to have won it. I had 360/500 of Daves Birthday in the round and stupidly mentioned how cool 360 was as it was the degrees of a circle...

It was shipped and two days later the seller says oh I sent yours to someone else would you like 361... and this was a seller with great feedback, and sure enough he never sent it to anyone else as a month later he had $350 on it (+$200).

And it never did sell... and then blow me down a long time later he put it up again at god knows what price and ended up accepting an offer of $400 for it about a month ago (this is like a over a year later now).

Sadly money (or sense of loss) can turn even nice people into total pricks. So never even accidentally rub it in their face lol.
Damn, I'm sorry that asshole did that. I remember you posting about the Dave's birthday poster. Unfortunately it's one that I don't have and I think it's a really cool poster.

I paid immediately after I won the auction. Seller added tracking info yesterday but of course that's just the shipping label. Hopefully I'll see more progress today.
Old November 7th 2016, 08:09 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Damn, I'm sorry that asshole did that. I remember you posting about the Dave's birthday poster. Unfortunately it's one that I don't have and I think it's a really cool poster.

I paid immediately after I won the auction. Seller added tracking info yesterday but of course that's just the shipping label. Hopefully I'll see more progress today.
Sounds like it should be fine but finger crossed. In the true spirit of my neverending Foo Karma, after the 360 incident the store then had them up for a very limited time and I snagged one. They sent me 7 or 9 (can't remember which) of 500
Old November 7th 2016, 08:22 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Shhhhh - I spent even less than you did for my latest foil...
Wrigley Field 29th August 2015 33/50 $250

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112195933390?

It's been bouncing around a bit. $600 - $500 if I recall right, down to $400 ish last time I remember recall looking. Couple of small blemishes but actually it looks like the guy is almost over cautious on condition, and he does call out the rain and the fact that he DID have a tube with him.

Deff not bad when you see he also sold the standard gig variant of 400 for $200 on 16th Sept. People often just say screw it at this time of the year when cash is needed for Christmas
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112118270075?&orig_cvip=true

Time to join you in the prayer queue
Old November 7th 2016, 08:58 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

So this is pretty cool - especially for Aussie fans.

Ken Taylor did the well known snake posters for the Hobart & Sydney 2015 gigs. They were commissioned through Beyond the Pale in Melbourne.

It was always said by a number of places that Dave was a big fan of them, and that he had requested a blue one.

Well in some interview or pic taken at 606 BTP have spotted these suckers hanging on the wall...

And if anyone is interested they have decided to do a sort of celebratory deal with the remaining prints - they have or had) 17 matching numbered pairs left, plus some unmatched pairs.

$95 AUS + shipping paid on just one poster

PROMOTION:
http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...e=5f2ce 4c0df

MATCHED SET
http://beyondthepale.com.au/product/...blue-matching/

DESCRIPTION
Foo Fighters. gold & blue. matching #

Designed by Ken Taylor. Silkscreen prints with metallic inks.
Limited Edition of 350. Combined size 24 x 36 inch.

The Foo Fighters have these prints framed in their Sound City recording studio.

NOTE: We have 17 sets with matching edition numbers left.
The set – Both posters with matching numbers
AUD $ 95.00. USA $ 72.00. GB 59.00. EURO 65.00
– pay shipping on one poster only –

UNMATCHED SET

http://beyondthepale.com.au/product/...ers-gold-blue/

DESCRIPTION
The set – Both posters NON matching numbers

AUD $ 85.00. USA $ 65.00. GB 53.00. EURO 59.00
Old November 8th 2016, 10:59 AM
Good Grief

Quote:
Shhhhh - I spent even less than you did for my latest foil...
Wrigley Field 29th August 2015 33/50 $250

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112195933390?

It's been bouncing around a bit. $600 - $500 if I recall right, down to $400 ish last time I remember recall looking. Couple of small blemishes but actually it looks like the guy is almost over cautious on condition, and he does call out the rain and the fact that he DID have a tube with him.

Deff not bad when you see he also sold the standard gig variant of 400 for $200 on 16th Sept. People often just say screw it at this time of the year when cash is needed for Christmas
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112118270075?&orig_cvip=true

Time to join you in the prayer queue
Very very nice find my friend! This foil is one of my favorites and you got a hell of a deal on it! Yeah I've been checking the tracking on the gold gem every couple of hours as still no progress yesterday was the first business day since purchase so only one day shipping day missed so far. Hopefully it will make it to the post office today or at tomorrow. Good luck with your foil as well!
Old November 8th 2016, 11:04 AM
Good Grief

Quote:
So this is pretty cool - especially for Aussie fans.

Ken Taylor did the well known snake posters for the Hobart & Sydney 2015 gigs. They were commissioned through Beyond the Pale in Melbourne.

It was always said by a number of places that Dave was a big fan of them, and that he had requested a blue one.

Well in some interview or pic taken at 606 BTP have spotted these suckers hanging on the wall...

And if anyone is interested they have decided to do a sort of celebratory deal with the remaining prints - they have or had) 17 matching numbered pairs left, plus some unmatched pairs.

$95 AUS + shipping paid on just one poster

PROMOTION:
http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...e=5f2ce 4c0df

MATCHED SET
http://beyondthepale.com.au/product/...blue-matching/

DESCRIPTION
Foo Fighters. gold & blue. matching #

Designed by Ken Taylor. Silkscreen prints with metallic inks.
Limited Edition of 350. Combined size 24 x 36 inch.

The Foo Fighters have these prints framed in their Sound City recording studio.

NOTE: We have 17 sets with matching edition numbers left.
The set – Both posters with matching numbers
AUD $ 95.00. USA $ 72.00. GB 59.00. EURO 65.00

UNMATCHED SET

http://beyondthepale.com.au/product/...ers-gold-blue/

DESCRIPTION
The set – Both posters NON matching numbers

AUD $ 85.00. USA $ 65.00. GB 53.00. EURO 59.00
This is awesome! Very cool to see the artist offering these a year later. I appreciate you sharing this and I'm hoping they still have matching set next week. Spent too much $ and I need to wait.

Last edited by Foo_R_U : November 8th 2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old November 8th 2016, 11:29 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Very very nice find my friend! This foil is one of my favorites and you got a hell of a deal on it! Yeah I've been checking the tracking on the gold gem every couple of hours as still no progress yesterday was the first business day since purchase so only one day shipping day missed so far. Hopefully it will make it to the post office today or at tomorrow. Good luck with your foil as well!
I've been really holding out for an LA Forum highway foil, I never expected to add the Chicago one ever, they have all just gone for such seriously high money.

$800 !!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/232110039060?

I did ask about this one too a few weeks back but decided to pass. It was $300.00 and an odd one as it was neither signed nor numbered.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201695466844

And it had this statement in the description that I if true I didn't know about there being TWO signed & numbered series of foils (25 & 50)

Signed/Numbered: No, but from a limited run of prints. This is an oddity, as it's been verified that there is an edition of 25 signed and numbered copies of the foil that were released by the artist directly as well as an edition of 50 signed and numbered foil copies that were given to VIPs. This one is not signed or numbered, but was obtained by a site staff connected individual. For that reason, I'm pricing this a bit below what I've seen other foils going for - still a great image and print on the whole.

So yeah pretty happy to get one at that price - and last night it occurred to me that they go and win the world series the next year after 108 years as well - Foo kiss of death lol

Fingers crossed on that tracking asap. My seller was seriously onto it:

Departed Post Office
2016-11-08, 16:01:00, FAIRDALE, KY 40118

Acceptance
2016-11-08, 13:41:00, FAIRDALE, KY 40118
Old November 8th 2016, 11:57 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
This is awesome! Very cool to see the artist offering these a year later. I appreciate you sharing this and I'm hoping they still have matching set next week. Spent too much $ and I need to wait.
Friggin foils lol
Old November 9th 2016, 10:43 AM
Have you found your way around

Would but I already have an A/P of one of them I think.

Good for getting those foils [relatively] cheaply.

Am still on the lookout for a JR 'Harpies' print & zoltron 'smoking gun'. and if the DC emek is going cheap will go for that as well.
Old November 9th 2016, 06:52 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
Would but I already have an A/P of one of them I think.

Good for getting those foils [relatively] cheaply.

Am still on the lookout for a JR 'Harpies' print & zoltron 'smoking gun'. and if the DC emek is going cheap will go for that as well.
I think the EMEK LA Forum foil is the last one I really want. So I now fully expect that to still be the case in 20 years
Old November 9th 2016, 08:23 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
I think the EMEK LA Forum foil is the last one I really want. So I now fully expect that to still be the case in 20 years
Yeah I would like to have this one as well. I actually had a chance to buy it a few months ago. I finally received a response from EMEK studios about my wish list request. I requested the DC money Lava Foil and they were all gone but I was offered the LA Forum Foil, Portland Foil or NYC Foil. The price ranged from $250 - $350 and needless to say I declined. I mean I would love to have either of them but the timing wasn't the greatest.

I recommend giving the wish list a try.
https://emekstudios.com/contact.html

Last edited by Foo_R_U : November 9th 2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old November 10th 2016, 10:47 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
I recommend giving the wish list a try.
https://emekstudios.com/contact.html
Yes that's definitely worth a try - you never know. I've confirmed that there indeed definitely were a run of both 25 AND 50 Wrigley foils, so that data in the listing about the one with no sig or number at all is quite correct. One of the 25 sold for $500 a while back. I think one of twice the number for half the price plus the odd minor imperfection is a pretty good trade off.
Old November 11th 2016, 02:23 AM
Good Grief

Quote:
Yes that's definitely worth a try - you never know. I've confirmed that there indeed definitely were a run of both 25 AND 50 Wrigley foils, so that data in the listing about the one with no sig or number at all is quite correct. One of the 25 sold for $500 a while back. I think one of twice the number for half the price plus the odd minor imperfection is a pretty good trade off.
Yeah you got a damn good deal! I'm glad you were able to confirm there was a run of 25 & 50. It has been confusing for me ever since I was told by Erika at EMEK studios that there were on 50 Foils total. When she said that, I started looking for Foils from the 50 series that were numbered 25 and below. I never saw one so I thought it could be true that there were only 50 total and the first 25 were numbered separately. So basically what I'm saying is maybe there is no 12/50 foil or 20/50 foil for example. I still have 20/25 and one thing I've noticed is it appears that only the run of 25 were doodled by EMEK. Maybe they were APs? Not sure but either way we are lucky to have a foil, period

Email from EMEK STUDIOS January 26, 2016

Hi, Danny

Some history on your poster…
I believe the 50 edition were the band edition. However, they only received 25.
Only 50 foils exist - not 75.
Yours has been doodled. The band’s edition are not doodled.

Thank You
Erika

EMEK STUDIOS, INC.
www.emek.net

go to emekstudios.com to see our webstore and sign up on our mailing list

Last edited by Foo_R_U : November 11th 2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old November 11th 2016, 02:32 AM
Good Grief

Finally brought home a gold gem! It's been a long time coming. Since July 2015, There hasn't been a week pass by that I didn't search for it. I appreciate you guys not getting into a bidding war with me! I can promise you it's staying with me. I'm proud to present RFK 20th Anniversary Gold Gem 3/5