Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Foo Side Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 11th 2015, 06:24 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Will Dave go into HOF with QOTSA?

I imagine the chances are pretty high Dave will get a second nod into the R&R hall of fame in 2020 when Foo Fighters become eligible but what about QOTSA...

In 2023 Queens of the Stone Age will be eligible for the hall. The band is well known for it's rotating band of musicians especially in the era of their two most standout albums Rated R and Songs for the Deaf. After two decent followup albums their last release Like Clockwork received critical and commercial acclaim. This album also marked a return of Dave who drummed on 5 of the 10 tracks.

It's likely we could get at least another two QOTSA albums before their eligible but you would have to think Dave would be the leading drummer to go in at this point. Gene Troutman only drummed on Rated R, Joey Castillo has 2 and half albums under his belt but most of his work is not as remembered as the previously mentioned albums. Jon Theodore just joined the band. Songs for the Deaf, QOTSA's most successful and iconic album featured Dave and he even toured with them after. Him playing on their last album their most successful in years boosts his case.

What yall think? Will Dave get a 3rd hall of fame slot with QOTSA?
Old December 11th 2015, 06:32 PM
I'm a Muggle Fuggin' Wizard

Default Re: Will Dave go into HOF with QOTSA?

Nope. I'd imagine it'll be Josh and whoever makes up the band at the time. Troy, Mikey, Dean seem to have been around for a long time so I think the lineup is pretty solid. Jon Theodore seems to be planning on sticking around too.
Old December 11th 2015, 07:02 PM
Visiting is pretty...

As good as they are, I don't see QOTSA getting into the R&R HOF. Foo Fighters, on the other hand, are a lock!
Old December 11th 2015, 07:09 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
I imagine the chances are pretty high Dave will get a second nod into the R&R hall of fame in 2020 when Foo Fighters become eligible but what about QOTSA...

In 2023 Queens of the Stone Age will be eligible for the hall. The band is well known for it's rotating band of musicians especially in the era of their two most standout albums Rated R and Songs for the Deaf. After two decent followup albums their last release Like Clockwork received critical and commercial acclaim. This album also marked a return of Dave who drummed on 5 of the 10 tracks.

It's likely we could get at least another two QOTSA albums before their eligible but you would have to think Dave would be the leading drummer to go in at this point. Gene Troutman only drummed on Rated R, Joey Castillo has 2 and half albums under his belt but most of his work is not as remembered as the previously mentioned albums. Jon Theodore just joined the band. Songs for the Deaf, QOTSA's most successful and iconic album featured Dave and he even toured with them after. Him playing on their last album their most successful in years boosts his case.

What yall think? Will Dave get a 3rd hall of fame slot with QOTSA?
Sorry, but there's no way in hell QOTSA belongs in the RRHOF. They are nowhere near the caliber of bands that make it into it. They made no cultural mark, contributed little to the development of rock music, and the whole band is basically one junkie who employs a traveling line-up he hires and fires at will. There are infinitely better choices that aren't in the HOF yet.
Old December 17th 2015, 08:35 PM
I'll Stick Around

If the Hall of Fame had any credibility, QOTSA would get in. Before the Foo Fighters. But they don't, so who cares?