Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 9th 2011, 04:19 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: 2/8/11 Spaceland Los Angeles, CA

That's what I figured. Well, I'll just have to settle for upcoming reviews. After everyones had a proper sleep and decent breakfast, I want details! Hey! Anyone able to chitchat with the boys after any of these shows? Havent really read any good stalker stories yet!
Old February 9th 2011, 04:24 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxy View Post
Most folks head out to L.A. early and wait for the announcement so they will be somewhat closer to the venue.
Even with the trickery yesterday, I am not sure you would have gotten a ticket if you didn't know where to go before the official announcement. I do think the crew is making an effort to let people in if the show has room, meaning people who bought tix or from the guestlist don't show up.

I haven't seen this mentioned, but along with the wristband, they also scan your drivers license. They scan it again when you enter. I think if your ID was not previously scanned when purchasing tix, they might not let you in. Speculation on my part.

I heard they sold 250 wristbands last night, and had 100 on the guestlist. I don't think there were 350 people there.

Couple of things about last nights show:
- Pat Smear was hanging around out front before the show. Rami Jaffe was outside after the show. I didn't see the others. People were pretty much leaving them alone.
- Pat Smear is so odd to watch play. He doesn't have the bounce the other guys have. He seems off in his own world, almost like he is struggling to play with a funny look on his face, and then he starts shredding. Fun to watch - never seen him play before except from nosebleeds.
- There was no Prentender or Best of You last night. In fact, I don't think anything from the last two CD's.

My ears are still ringing and dog tired. Got into San Diego at 3am and up at 6:30 with the kids to get them ready for school!
Old February 9th 2011, 04:36 PM
Yawn.

There is no way in hell that Spaceland holds 350 people. Not so sure about your sources...
Old February 9th 2011, 04:41 PM
The Sidekick

Offcial capacity is 260.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old February 9th 2011, 04:47 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
There is no way in hell that Spaceland holds 350 people. Not so sure about your sources...
I wouldn't call it a source as in I have some sort of inside info. When I was eating dinner last night one of the crew was sitting next to me and we chatted a bit. That is what he said.

Like I said in my message "I don't think there were 350 people there." I'm not even sure 260 people were there. It didn't seem packed to me, not like I was expecting.
Old February 9th 2011, 04:59 PM
Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel II View Post
I wouldn't call it a source as in I have some sort of inside info. When I was eating dinner last night one of the crew was sitting next to me and we chatted a bit. That is what he said.

Like I said in my message "I don't think there were 350 people there." I'm not even sure 260 people were there. It didn't seem packed to me, not like I was expecting.
I've been to sold out shows there and you cannot walk across the room, let alone get a drink. Capacity is wall to wall bodies.

Was the film crew there?
Old February 9th 2011, 05:10 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:

Black Cat 2003 gig in DC the room was half to 3/4 filled. Most of the people there were winners from various radio stations throughout the United States and defunk 99.1 WHFS (R.I.P the online version ain't that good). There was alot of space for the first set. Second set it seemed more people came in and then they allowed people from outside to come into the gig.
Old February 9th 2011, 05:11 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
I've been to sold out shows there and you cannot walk across the room, let alone get a drink. Capacity is wall to wall bodies.

Was the film crew there?
I was expecting the same and I really really hate crowds. I did not find it to be bad at all. The guy I talked to said it would be packed in like crazy, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I saw a handful of tripods being carted around before the show, but to be honest, once they hit the stage I wasn't really looking. If they had the film crew they weren't obvious to me. I was sort of smack dab in the middle of it just on the outskirts on the back of the mosh pit - when it formed. I have a weak bladder and surprisingly did not have to use the bathroom and I didn't get any drinks once FF came on.

Ron Jeremy was there AGAIN!! I think all that guy does is hang out around Hollywood. I have been to the Roxy twice in the past 10 years and he was at both of those shows, then someone said he was there Monday, and again last night!

I will say it was friggin hot, maybe I sweated out my drinks. Two people near the front passed out, one was obviously drunk and his friends dragged him away within 4-5 songs. Towards the end it looked like a girl up front passed out.
Old February 9th 2011, 05:14 PM
Yawn.

He was there Monday. I've also seen him at other Roxy shows.

He's got the life. Sex, rock n roll and chili cheese dogs.
Old February 9th 2011, 05:14 PM
that's all I need to be

I'm 44 and feel like I'm 15.[/quote]

love that! glad you had a blast and hope you're able to function today on such little sleep.
Old February 9th 2011, 05:16 PM
that's all I need to be

Quote:
He was there Monday. I've also seen him at other Roxy shows.

He's got the life. Sex, rock n roll and chili cheese dogs.
but he's nasty as hell...ewwww
Old February 9th 2011, 08:49 PM
I'll Stick Around

Surprised that nobody has mentioned Dave laying low and playing a little bit of drums/percussion during a couple of Scream songs. He did this on Taylor's set which was behind Stax's kit.
Old February 9th 2011, 09:06 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
Surprised that nobody has mentioned Dave laying low and playing a little bit of drums/percussion during a couple of Scream songs. He did this on Taylor's set which was behind Stax's kit.
Bummer the drum sets are so low that unless you are up front that you can barely see the drummer. I think I saw Taylor's face for a total of about 5 minutes last night. And he is so f'ing fun to watch.

So if you want to see Taylor, get up close. Nothing to complain about with these shows if you are lucky enough to get in, but if there was one, I'd wish for a small drum riser!
Old February 9th 2011, 10:52 PM
Have you found your way around

I still can't believe last nights show! I flew in Sunday night...with only hope for maybe being able to get into one of these shows. I decided to stay until Wednesday, if I didn't get into a show, I was going to enjoy the escape from winter! I am so glad I made that call! That was the best show EVER! I think it was like the 33 or 34th show for me, I never imagined anything like that! The whole afternoon was surreal! From choosing a pizza place on Sunset..to being led into a dark venue, down quiet stairs, through echoing hallways~walking out and seeing~phew...the white limo, it was really going to happen, unbelievable.
It just kept getting better. I could never have dreamed of seeing them at a venue so small. I was up front on Nates side, again, perfect choice! Scream was so fun! I went to college in Annandale, Virginia~way back in the 80's, that was the kind of music we loved. Monday night we were in front of Franz, last night we got to be in front of Skeeter. Perfect.
Foos set up and I found myself directly to Daves left. There was a girl next to me doing pictures for a "secret project", all she told me was that I would see them sometime. So, Dave was right up in front of me, too close to get good pictures with my iphone! I do have a couple that I'll post.
I can not wait for the new album! I loved every song, impossible to pick a favorite. I love the classics, it was the first time I've heard Skin and Bones live. It was sooo hot up front, I didn't blame them for holding off on Watershed and Pretender...who knows why they didn't play them, but I felt like I was overdosing on Foo, I was hot, tired and full of so much gratitude for the whole two day amazing Foo adventure. You can't plan anything like that, the stars were aligned in my favor!
Met the coolest people, and thank everyone who helped make this trip so perfect!
Jay from Canada had a flight at 7 am, so he dropped me off at the Delta terminal right after the show, my flight left at 6.. I am so glad to be home!
Old February 9th 2011, 11:08 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow foo View Post
I The whole afternoon was surreal! From choosing a pizza place on Sunset..to being led into a dark venue, down quiet stairs, through echoing hallways~walking out and seeing~phew...the white limo, it was really going to happen, unbelievable.
Snow Foo - is that how you found Echoplex, because of the pizza place tweet?

And I agree, when we walked out of Echoplex into the Alley and the limo was there, it was a major head trip. Only thing that would have been cooler is if Dave was standing there with a big ass grin like Willy Wonka when he gave Charlie the Chocolate Factory.

"You pass! Charlie, you pass!"
Old February 9th 2011, 11:36 PM
The Boss

I think pretender just got skipped cause of the heat
Old February 9th 2011, 11:45 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Snow Foo - is that how you found Echoplex, because of the pizza place tweet?

And I agree, when we walked out of Echoplex into the Alley and the limo was there, it was a major head trip. Only thing that would have been cooler is if Dave was standing there with a big ass grin like Willy Wonka when he gave Charlie the Chocolate Factory.

"You pass! Charlie, you pass!"
Five of us headed to the 7 11 to find out where a good pizza place place was, a local gave us the choice of two, he was like the scarecrow on the Wizard of Oz..you could go this way...or the other way has a good pizza place. Such anxiety! One of the guys we were with knew that the first pizza place was next to the Echoplex, soooo, phew.

Willy Wonka, yes! I got a golden ticket!
Old February 9th 2011, 11:49 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Five of us headed to the 7 11 to find out where a good pizza place place was, a local gave us the choice of two, he was like the scarecrow on the Wizard of Oz..you could go this way...or the other way has a good pizza place. Such anxiety! One of the guys we were with knew that the first pizza place was next to the Echoplex, soooo, phew.

Is this the pizza place? They actually are advertised on the Echoplex website. When that tweet went out I thought about heading here b4 spaceland but didn't think much of it. Glad I finally put 2 and 2 together.

http://www.twoboots.com/TW2008/La08/La08.html
Old February 10th 2011, 12:06 AM
WWLD?

Quote:

See we went there for the first stop, thinking it was a good possibility. But there was no one around so we thought maybe it was too obvious. We asked at the pizza place but the people there honestly seemed stumped...and looking back on it now, chances are they really had no clue. From there, we found Garage Pizza that was 2 miles up the road...thought for sure that would be it. Seemed so fitting. We had time to kill, kinda sorta, so we bought a slice and chilled. Not realizing that at that point, people had started scoping out Two Boots/Echo. By the time we bolted back, we ended up about 100+ back. It was dizzingly exciting and if it wasn't for being with an awesome group of people that I had pretty much just met, I probably would have been a basket case.

Huge huge huge huge thanks to Colleen for letting us all pile in her car. If I had had to do it solo, with as much as I hate to drive and as little as I know LA, I probably would have ended up heading home. And that woulda sucked.
Old February 10th 2011, 02:23 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Have they shortened up the Stacked Actors jam or is it still the same 10-12 minute version?