Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 27th 2011, 01:01 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Sarah's review of Dingwalls II

Have no frame of reference to Dingwalls 07 but tonight was just brilliant, I'll struggle to see a better FF gig.
Old February 27th 2011, 01:04 AM
Look for the helpers

It was amazing, however, the crowd were pricks. Dingwalls '07 had a nice crowd

the worlds tallest man stood at the front, with his camera above his head. Luckily I moved away, but I could have easily wacked it out of his hand.
Old February 27th 2011, 01:11 AM
How's that for a slice of fried gold?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah UK View Post
Jammy bastard. You didnt even have to pay!

I get credit for telling you to try though don't I? I was listening to the VIP lot and they were saying how the club wasn't near capacity and some VIP's didnt show.
I know. Hahahaha.

You do. As does Juls, who was constantly texting me before hand to talk me into it. And she sent me a fake text to show to my boss so I could go.
Old February 27th 2011, 08:39 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I'll add more...

DAVE SAID THEY PLAN ON PLAYING DINGWALLS EVERY TIME THEY VISIT LONDON FROM NOW ON!
does this mean if/when they announce the london shows for their tour this year (hopefully), they're likely to do dingwalls again??

as long as zane lowe doesnt announce it, thats fine by me!!
Old February 27th 2011, 09:57 AM
Never knowing who to believe

I got in afterwards! Ha what a loser. Waited outside for ages but they snuck out a side entrance which I am a little peeved by. Met some lovely people though. Also right at the end met someone who claimed to be a very famous mans son who let me sneak in, so we hung around inside di gwalls post show drinking beer and eating pizza.
Old February 27th 2011, 11:59 AM
How's that for a slice of fried gold?!

Everlong
Old February 27th 2011, 05:18 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Talking Re: Sarah's review of Dingwalls II

Quote:
It was great, but not a patch on Dingwalls Original. (The thread for Original Dingwalls is here)

the fact no postboarders were there was really noticable, only a few of us knew all the words to the oldies. It was weird not to see a single one of you... I kept expecting to see a face I recognised

They played loads off of the self titled album, that was amazing.

WATERSHED WAS PLAYED

The wristbands are cool. Plastic and luminous orange with a white limo and the FF sign.

The crowd were BRUTAL. much nastier than the other one. However, I made some friends with a couple of boys and we all stuck together, punching and pushing those who were causing trouble.

Dave was his usual awesome self, very funny and chatty. Told the boys to be nice to the girls etc.

Pat looked like he was having an amazing time!

I made friend with two boys who were at wembley the night before. If you're reading this, you were both wearing FF t-shirts and one of you is a ski-travel agent... Oh and there was a lady with us too but I didnt catch her name.

Sorry if this post makes no sense, i'm exhausted, dying and a little bit drunk. I'll clean it up later.

I'll add more...

DAVE SAID THEY PLAN ON PLAYING DINGWALLS EVERY TIME THEY VISIT LONDON FROM NOW ON!

Based on Dingwalls Original being a 10/10, I'd give it a 7or8/10.
I was there! Not a massively regular poster but a huge fan all the same. was totally amazing, and as someone that wasn't lucky enough for Dingwalls 1.0 i feel incredibly fortunate to have been able to get tickets this time. Dave was a true gentleman, some of the crowd were total pricks and needed telling.

Dave forgetting to turn his guitar up was pretty funny, and he made us laugh on a number of occasions, as well as rocking so damn hard my ears nearly bled. (i'm more than a little deaf today)
We were infront of Shifty, about 3 rows back (near the twatty girl throwing herself into everyone). The new album sounds AWESOME, i can't wait to get it. i have so many pics and a few videos but the vids are of pretty shit quality. have tagged Juls in a few of my pics on fb so if you're friends with her feel free to take a look.

Thought Dave mentioning the people that couldn't get tickets was sweet, he seemed to feel genuinely bad that people were upset by it. i did get a video if that but like i said, its not great quality, but again have tagged Juls in it incase anyone hasn't already found a better version.

I kinda feel bad talking about how great it was when there are so many of you that weren't able to go, i'm sorry...but he did hint that they'd be back and play there again (he did joke about playing 1000 times in the next 5 years to make up for it, but obv that won't happen lol), hopefully next time Zane 'motherfucking' Lowe won't be in the loop, and more genuine fans have a bigger chance of getting in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
HELLO

I had a bloody lovely time.

Went on a whim and half expected to get in. Got in via a lovely man who was on Shiftys guest list (whose name I cannot for the flipping life of me remember, but i think he was in a band...!)

NO LEARN TO FUCKING FLY!!!!

Sophie, so glad you got in! I turned my phone off as my battery was really low so didn't get Juls' messages until after i'd got in my car to go home, when i saw you might not be able to get in after all i felt awful, so 100% relieved to hear you did in the end! good skills! haha xx

Quote:
It was amazing, however, the crowd were pricks. Dingwalls '07 had a nice crowd

the worlds tallest man stood at the front, with his camera above his head. Luckily I moved away, but I could have easily wacked it out of his hand.
Haha, that man was just to my right! Was Sooooooo glad not to be right behind him. i have seriously never seen someone so tall in my life. picked up his girlfriend at one point so she could see from his level, was quite funny.

I definitely agree there was a minority of the crowd that were total and utter pricks. I'm not a violent person but the girl throwing herself around very nearly earned herself a punch in the head, she was doing my head in, lol. I'm all for having a good time but bloody hell, if you wanna be in a circle-pit-of-death, go join the others doing the same, don't be launching yourself into people that are just trying to enjoy the show the normal way! aargh! lol.

"Sometimes I feel I'm getting stuck...Between the handshake and the FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK...."

Dingwalls 2.0...Officially the best night of my life <3

Last edited by Lou : February 27th 2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old February 27th 2011, 05:39 PM
I'll Stick Around

Holy crap! I was so sure this wasn't going to happen, I even went to a Terrorvision gig instead!! They were great but somehow I don't think they would have quite compared..

I'm crossing everything for Dingwalls 3! Brixton was amazing but Camden would just be something else!!

17/12/05 Earls Court 12/06/06 Regent 17/06/06 Hyde Park 19/08/07 V(x2) 14/11/07 Notts 06/06/08 + 07/06/08 Wemb. 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wemb. A 02/07/11 + 03/07/11 MK 26/08/12 R&L 12/09/14 Islington 14/09/14 Invictus 27/05/15 EOTCG 05/09/16 + 06/09/16 MK 26/06/17 HG 27/06/17 CZ 19/09/17 o2 22/06/18 + 23/06/18 Olympic 21/08/19 IRL 25/08/19 R&L

(JU) 14/11/08 Camb (TCV) 29/08/09 Reading 05/07/10 Brixton (THATCR) 11/05/10 Scala (SDRE) 31/05/10 HMV Forum (SCP) 19/02/13 HMV Forum

Old February 27th 2011, 06:17 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Sounds great. Glad you all had a good time, really am.

And fuckin ell. Dingwalls 07 was only better coz you were there, you miserable funts (not aimed at everyone )

Old February 27th 2011, 06:20 PM
Look for the helpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexster View Post
Sounds great. Glad you all had a good time, really am.

And fuckin ell. Dingwalls 07 was only better coz you were there, you miserable funts (not aimed at everyone )
I was at both at it was better
Old February 27th 2011, 06:46 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloucheese View Post
I'm all for having a good time but bloody hell, if you wanna be in a circle-pit-of-death, go join the others doing the same, don't be launching yourself into people that are just trying to enjoy the show the normal way! aargh! lol.
this. a thousand times this. i went to both friday and last nights shows. both were awesome and i'm so glad i went and was lucky enough to get in, but seriously the people both nights were such twats. i didn't get in line early to get to the front only to have a bunch of twats barge to the front as soon as they come on to dry hump the shit out of me.

i was stood next to that tall prick at the front in a leather jacket with his camera out the WHOLE FUCKING TIME. he was blocking about 10 peoples view behind him. i'm an average height guy and if i see someone shorter than me i'll happily let them stand in front of me. about 5 people including me asked him to step back so we could all see. i think he finally got the message about 6 songs before the end and moved back.

i wish more postboarders had got in, and the gig would have benifitted from it.

i still had an amazing time and i'm glad i got into a dingwalls gig after hearing so many good things about the last one. but if i could just see and take in what was being performed instead of struggling to stand up it would have been all the more enjoyable.

i'd still do it all over again though

16 jun 2006 camden underworld
17 jun 2006 hyde park
19 aug 2007 v festival weston park
18 nov 2007 o2 arena
07 jun 2008 wembley stadium
29 aug 2009 reading festival [tcv]
10 dec 2009 plymouth pavilions [tcv]
25 feb 2011 wembley arena
26 feb 2011 dingwalls
02 jul 2011 milton keynes
11 sep 2014 house of vans
Old February 27th 2011, 06:57 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
I was at both at it was better
I was at neither

But hey

Old February 27th 2011, 08:05 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Yeah i suppose so. They spent the first 45 minutes playing the album which was great, but lie you said, no one knew the words so it was awkward. And again, as there were none of "us lot" there, it was strange. Different atmosphere. Not to say there weren't other hard core fans there, there were.

As the only Dingwaller there, from my experience, nothing will ever come close to the '07 gig.
I don't know where you were in comparison to me in the room, but seriously, that was one of the reasons I loved last night...every sod near me knew every word to every song, and they weren't shy of shouting them! I did the last Dingwalls as well, and to be honest I found the crowd a bit...Biffy Clyro...know what I mean? I fucking loved last night. Cracking set list, plenty of energy from the crowd...effortless brilliance with the old stuff. Anyway, it's just an opinion. Like your's is. Neither is wrong. Probably mine's not even half right...but hey.
Brixton 14/11/95 - Astoria 28/5/97 -V 97 17/8/97 - Brixton 23/11/97--Shepherds Bush 13/12/97 --Ozzfest 20/6/98 -Brixton 25/11/99 -Stratford Rex 24/8/00 -Reading 25/8/00 -Brixton 10/12/00 -V 2001 19/8/01 --Reading 24/8/02 --Astoria 26/8/02 --Wembley 22/11/02 --V 2003 16/8/03 - Astoria 24/8/05 - Earls Court 17/12/05 - Apollo Victoria 14/06/06 -- Hyde Park 17/06/06 - O2 Arena London 17-18/11/07 - Wembley Stadium 06-07/06/08 - Wembley Arena 25/02/11 - Dingwalls 26/02/11. Plus more.
Old February 27th 2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
i wish more postboarders had got in, and the gig would have benifitted from it.

i still had an amazing time and i'm glad i got into a dingwalls gig after hearing so many good things about the last one. but if i could just see and take in what was being performed instead of struggling to stand up it would have been all the more enjoyable.

i'd still do it all over again though
This, totally. I feel so lucky to have been fortunate enough to get tickets, but my high is slightly dimmed by feeling guilty/bad for everyone that didn't get to go. i know how they feel right now after missing out on Dingwalls 1.0

"Sometimes I feel I'm getting stuck...Between the handshake and the FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK...."

Old February 27th 2011, 08:23 PM
Look for the helpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherknightuk View Post
every sod near me knew every word to every song, and they weren't shy of shouting them!
I said

Quote:
Not to say there weren't other hard core fans there, there were.

I was about three people in from the middle of dave and nate. I had two or three hard core FF fans around me, singing along to watershed, so i'm not implying that ALL the people there was day trippers.

But there were plenty of people singing along to the chours of times like these and few of the other hits only.

They were having an awesome time though, so who cares i suppose!

I dunno, I found that dingwalls '07 had a better, friendlier atmosphere. Last night was amazing though, i'm not saying it wasnt!
Old February 27th 2011, 08:41 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

NME said that this was the setlist?

‘Bridge Burning’
‘Rope’
‘Dear Rosemary’
‘White Limo’
‘Arlandria’
‘These Days’
‘Back Forth’
‘A Matter Of Time’
‘Miss The Misery’
‘I Should Have Known’
‘Walk’
‘All My Life’
‘Generator’
‘My Hero’
‘Up In Arms’
‘Times Like These’
‘Stacked Actors’
‘Cold Day In The Sun’
‘Long Road To Ruin’
‘Big Me’
‘For All The Cows’
‘Monkey Wrench’
‘Everlong’
‘Darling Nikki’
‘This Is A Call’

I'm assuming Darling Nikki was Wattershed?
Old February 27th 2011, 08:43 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

I think it was Young Man Blues.

EDIT: At least, that's was what was said in another thread

Old February 27th 2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'jo View Post
NME said that this was the setlist?

‘Bridge Burning’
‘Rope’
‘Dear Rosemary’
‘White Limo’
‘Arlandria’
‘These Days’
‘Back Forth’
‘A Matter Of Time’
‘Miss The Misery’
‘I Should Have Known’
‘Walk’
‘All My Life’
‘Generator’
‘My Hero’
‘Up In Arms’
‘Times Like These’
‘Stacked Actors’
‘Cold Day In The Sun’
‘Long Road To Ruin’
‘Big Me’
‘For All The Cows’
‘Monkey Wrench’
‘Everlong’
‘Darling Nikki’
‘This Is A Call’

I'm assuming Darling Nikki was Wattershed?
I was gonna say...The whole thing is kind of a foo-shaped blur in my head, but that sounds about right, with the exception of DN - they definitely didn't play that!

Old February 27th 2011, 08:59 PM
I'll Stick Around

The picture of the setlist I have goes like this:

WASTING LIGHT IN FULL
All my life
Generator
My Hero
Up In Arms
Enough Space
Times Like These
Stacked Actors
Cold Day in The Sun
Wattershed
Long Road To Ruin
Big Me
I'll Stick Around
For All The Cows
Monkey Wrench
Hey JP
Everlong

Young Man Blues
Butterflies
Best of You
This is a call

I think this is right apart from Butterflies and Best of you were replaced with Aurora and something else.
Old February 27th 2011, 09:03 PM
I should have known better

I am so pleased for those of you who got there. Circs didn't allow me to even try
And all I want is to be home

SAIBO ROCKS Another Version Video