Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 5th 2011, 02:31 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
How are you gonna do that if

They're trying to eliminate scalpers and that line in your signature is a scalpers dream. It's people like you that keep them in busines.
I don't entirely care. Scalpers will be scalpers. I'm not gonna pay a crazy sum of money assuming their even are ones. My friend was 3 away....I'm gonna try. I missed all the LA club shows, so close on one of them.

http://soundcloud.com/aaronroberts/breaking-out

PS: I know the sound quality is marginal at best, but I don't have the cash for good home equipment.
Old April 5th 2011, 04:05 PM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Thumbs up Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
Not sure how it all worked out for those behind me. I was like #86. They only handed out 100 wristbands, maybe 105 depending on if people said they were buying 1 or 2 spots. We had to provide our name and the name of our guest. And were told they would be checking ID the evening of the event.

I am beyond thrilled. Should have bailed out of work the minute I heard, but felt the need to clean off my desk. Had Fingerprints not been so well organized, this could have ended badly. But they did wristbands to secure spots in line and to eliminate anyone cutting/saving. It was a long 5 hours, but completely worth it. I am an LBC resident and this just makes me so very happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Scored!!!
Record Store Day at my favorite Record Store with my favorite band??? I am so grateful to be one lucky sonovabitch. And this one in in my own back yard... no 605 to the 105 to the 710 to the 10 to the 101... just a straight shot from the O.C. to the L.B.C.
Good things happen to good people. So stoked you both get to go. The only thing that would make it better is if I could be there too!
Homer: "Oh Lisa, I just meant that marriage is like a coffin. And each kid is another nail..."
Enter at your peril. I will not be held responsible.

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old April 5th 2011, 04:11 PM
WWLD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Good things happen to good people. So stoked you both get to go. The only thing that would make it better is if I could be there too!
THAT is exactly what Cosmo and I both said last night!! And then we recounted your recent Foo fun in Sydney and felt a little better knowing you have been having a blast. But still...want you here.

And of course, bummed that our ginger goddess, Megan was not able to make it to the LBC in time. But something tells me that she has tricks up her sleeve.

Oh, and I promised Katherine that I would do my best to get into this gig on behalf of Baby Kranx!!
Old April 5th 2011, 04:16 PM
Yawn.

Tai, pretty much 90% of what you do right now holds the added stress of knowing that I'm living vicariously through you. Tall order and so far, you've been up to the challenge.

So excited Cosmo got in. Two of my fave people - have SO MUCH FUN!

Are they allowing cameras or phones in? Would be so awesome to get some video...
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old April 5th 2011, 04:40 PM
WWLD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxy View Post
Tai, pretty much 90% of what you do right now holds the added stress of knowing that I'm living vicariously through you. Tall order and so far, you've been up to the challenge.

So excited Cosmo got in. Two of my fave people - have SO MUCH FUN!

Are they allowing cameras or phones in? Would be so awesome to get some video...
...not sure about cameras/phones. Waiting to receive an email from Fingerprints with more information. We were told that there would be no "signing session" with the band. Fine by me. Just bring on the music!!

Oh, and I welcome the challenge, Katherine!! BRING IT!!
Old April 5th 2011, 04:46 PM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Thumbs up Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
THAT is exactly what Cosmo and I both said last night!! And then we recounted your recent Foo fun in Sydney and felt a little better knowing you have been having a blast. But still...want you here.

And of course, bummed that our ginger goddess, Megan was not able to make it to the LBC in time. But something tells me that she has tricks up her sleeve.

Oh, and I promised Katherine that I would do my best to get into this gig on behalf of Baby Kranx!!
I did have a great time in Sydney and Brisbane, but we all know LA is my spiritual home.

And if anyone can wrangle a way in to a show, it's the Megalicious one.
Homer: "Oh Lisa, I just meant that marriage is like a coffin. And each kid is another nail..."
Enter at your peril. I will not be held responsible.

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old April 5th 2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
...not sure about cameras/phones. Waiting to receive an email from Fingerprints with more information. We were told that there would be no "signing session" with the band. Fine by me. Just bring on the music!!

Oh, and I welcome the challenge, Katherine!! BRING IT!!
Past Record Store Days at Fingerprints allowed cameras.
There is probably a noise restriction because there are apartments right behind the new store... most of the in-store shows are acoustic.
I'm really looking forward to this... I love Fingerprints and the people who work there. I caught some pretty good in-store shows there (Rilo KIley, Silversun Pickups, Airborne Toxic Event), but nothing compares to the Foo Fighters.
Old April 5th 2011, 06:39 PM

So what do you think the likely hood would be of me just waiting around hoping to get let in like the stragglers at the Spaceland show ect?

I'm thinkin' it'll be worth the drive anyway...just to get a chance.

http://soundcloud.com/aaronroberts/breaking-out

PS: I know the sound quality is marginal at best, but I don't have the cash for good home equipment.
Old April 5th 2011, 06:49 PM
Yawn.

Quote:
There is probably a noise restriction because there are apartments right behind the new store...
Can you imagine how AWESOME that would be?

Man. Why the piss did I ever leave LBC?
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old April 5th 2011, 06:58 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by arob7777 View Post
So what do you think the likely hood would be of me just waiting around hoping to get let in like the stragglers at the Spaceland show ect?

I'm thinkin' it'll be worth the drive anyway...just to get a chance.
You have a better chance of getting in doing that, than staying home and wondering. If you're one of very few people that actually does that, they could just be nice and let you in. Maybe not all 200 people will show for whatever reason. Good luck!

"Dave has a crush on Taylor" ~Howard Stern 4.11.11
Old April 5th 2011, 07:02 PM
Never knowing who to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxy View Post
Can you imagine how AWESOME that would be?

Man. Why the piss did I ever leave LBC?
Fingerprints moved too. If you were both still in the Shores, we could have just wheeled your bed to the show!
Old April 5th 2011, 08:52 PM

Added Notes:
I understand the front windows will be covered that Saturday. This is a Long Beach Police requirement. It may sound shitty, but it makes sense. The police doesn't want a bunch of people on the sidewalk, looking in.
Record Store Day is the same weekend as the Long Beach Grand Prix. L.B.P.D. will be busy. The last thing Fingerprints wants is having the police shutdown the gig because a bunch of people out front are overflowing into traffic and bus lanes on 4th Street. And the police WILL shut them down if there is a problem (ask Alex's Bar).
Also, if you go... remember, parking meters are enforced on Saturday til 6:00 P.M. Only free days are Sundays and Holidays... average meter violation fine is $65.00. Park in an unmetered space or pay for all day parking on a lot.
Old April 5th 2011, 09:09 PM

LB Press Telegram
Old April 5th 2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Added Notes:
I understand the front windows will be covered that Saturday. This is a Long Beach Police requirement. It may sound shitty, but it makes sense. The police doesn't want a bunch of people on the sidewalk, looking in.
Record Store Day is the same weekend as the Long Beach Grand Prix. L.B.P.D. will be busy. The last thing Fingerprints wants is having the police shutdown the gig because a bunch of people out front are overflowing into traffic and bus lanes on 4th Street. And the police WILL shut them down if there is a problem (ask Alex's Bar).
Also, if you go... remember, parking meters are enforced on Saturday til 6:00 P.M. Only free days are Sundays and Holidays... average meter violation fine is $65.00. Park in an unmetered space or pay for all day parking on a lot.
Grand Prix weekend? Good luck parking anywhere in a 5 mile radius!
Old April 5th 2011, 09:29 PM
WWLD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
Filling up a flask and taking the Red Bus....love that this is so close to home!
Old April 6th 2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Any tips on where to even attempt to park? Or where to get off the freeway, etc??
Old April 6th 2011, 03:49 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Too Bad It Conflicts With Coachella, where I will be
Old April 6th 2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highstick088 View Post
Any tips on where to even attempt to park? Or where to get off the freeway, etc??
Take Passport Shuttle B

Not knowing where you'll be driving from, I'd advise NOT exiting from the 710. Avoid Downtown at all costs. Exit from the 405, Cherry Exit. You MIGHT get lucky and find parking nearby. If not, park along 4th (or on a side street) and take Shuttle B. The farther north and east of Downtown/the beach, the better. You also want to avoid 2nd Street (unless you like crowds).
Old April 6th 2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Take Passport Shuttle B

Not knowing where you'll be driving from, I'd advise NOT exiting from the 710. Avoid Downtown at all costs. Exit from the 405, Cherry Exit. You MIGHT get lucky and find parking nearby. If not, park along 4th (or on a side street) and take Shuttle B. The farther north and east of Downtown/the beach, the better. You also want to avoid 2nd Street (unless you like crowds).
Thanks
Old April 6th 2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I'm probably going to park further East... unhitch my bike and ride in.
Can you imagine what the logistics of a Foo Fighter gig at the old store in Belmont Shore... on Grand Prix Weekend would have been like?!?!?
P.S. 'Eat At The Potholder'