Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 20th 2014, 03:19 AM
Ready on your mark

Default Re: South America shows announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
This'll hopefully end the "COME TO BRAZIL" replies to practically every post/tweet/status in future
(Five seconds after they got off the Lolla stage a couple of years back) "COME TO BRAZIL"
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old September 20th 2014, 07:37 PM
Fresh Pot

I'm astounded, its actually all fallen into place. I'm visiting my bf in Brazil around then. I'll either be at the Rio or Sao Paulo shows holding it up for all the UK fans
Old September 21st 2014, 02:31 AM
Visiting is pretty...

The gig at Maracanã stadium is gonna be awesome, I can't wait. 14 years later they will return to Rio... it's a long time...
I hope go to Sao Paulo gig too.

Oh, "Come to Brazil" is a classic meme, the "zuera" never ends
Old September 21st 2014, 02:52 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldojpr View Post
The gig at Maracanã stadium is gonna be awesome, I can't wait. 14 years later they will return to Rio... it's a long time...
I hope go to Sao Paulo gig too.

Oh, "Come to Brazil" is a classic meme, the "zuera" never ends
yeah, the come to brazil thing is a meme even in brazil

it now encompasses anything of which someone would have a craving for, like "chocolate cake please come to brazil"

and damn, waiting 2 years for a show is way sweeter than waiting the 11 years for the last Lolla one. if you do come to Sao Paulo, Geraldo, let me know, so far it's the only one I know I'll be attending but I'll try to see more, maybe Rio and BH if money allows.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old September 21st 2014, 04:02 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
yeah, the come to brazil thing is a meme even in brazil

it now encompasses anything of which someone would have a craving for, like "chocolate cake please come to brazil"

and damn, waiting 2 years for a show is way sweeter than waiting the 11 years for the last Lolla one. if you do come to Sao Paulo, Geraldo, let me know, so far it's the only one I know I'll be attending but I'll try to see more, maybe Rio and BH if money allows.
Sure, I'll let you know if I decide go to Sao Paulo. It'll be a huge gig also on Morumbi. I'm waiting prices to decide about that. Rio for now, is the only one city guaranteed
Old September 21st 2014, 04:48 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldojpr View Post
Sure, I'll let you know if I decide go to Sao Paulo. It'll be a huge gig also on Morumbi. I'm waiting prices to decide about that. Rio for now, is the only one city guaranteed
yeah, Morumbi is the most likely place for it to happen, there's a smaller chance of maybe Pacaembu or Anhembi too.

I'm just excited to be finally going to a FF concert that's not in a festival. it suddenly dawned on me that and should be way more fun and less stressful.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old September 23rd 2014, 09:19 PM
Visiting is pretty...

WTF! Who set just 1 night at Buenos Aires???

Who is the fucking tour manager???

You dont know we love Foo Fighters???

You have to take days 16-17-18-19-20. 5 shows!!!

Got it?
Old September 23rd 2014, 10:05 PM
The Sidekick

I would imagine it was based on how well the shows in 2012 sold. I seem to recall one of the nights was half empty, and it was a festival with other acts, so they decided one would be suitable. Anyway, one is better than nothing that many countries get, so be grateful.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old September 26th 2014, 02:54 PM
Visiting is pretty...

See ya in argentina!
Really exciited
Old September 26th 2014, 03:02 PM
A star burned out

lol, pre-sales just opened like 5 minutes ago and the website is already down.
Old September 26th 2014, 03:33 PM
A star burned out

it was just the info, 28th is when it goes up for sale.

they released prices and venue info though. super super expensive (aprox. U$260,00 for "premium" area), guess I'll be seeing just one show after all.
Old September 26th 2014, 05:10 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Exclamation Tour in Brazil

I just saw that u guys are coming to brazil but won't come to Brasilia. WHY??
There is a huge number of fans that were waiting for u guys to come to the capital of Brazil. Please, make an effort.
Old September 26th 2014, 05:12 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default South America Tour Pre sale

So happy that FF are coming back to Rio!!!
So, of course I signed up for the pre-sale tickets and just got the email... but now I don´t know the time zone it´ll open on... is it our local time zone or USA´s Central or East time zones?
Old September 26th 2014, 05:32 PM
A star burned out

Default Re: South America Tour Pre sale

Quote:
So happy that FF are coming back to Rio!!!
So, of course I signed up for the pre-sale tickets and just got the email... but now I don´t know the time zone it´ll open on... is it our local time zone or USA´s Central or East time zones?
there's a thread on all things south american tour, try to take a look around to see if there's a place where a discussion on this is already started, creating new threads for ongoing subjects just creates noise and makes the administrators lives a tad bit harder. (EDIT: they were merged)

it's fine though, just make sure you take that into consideration next time.

now about the tickets, the time zone is your own (our own, I'm brazilian too), the shows are happening here so the time zone has to be this one.

Last edited by Felipe. : September 26th 2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old September 26th 2014, 05:36 PM
A star burned out

Default Re: Tour in Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique C. View Post
There is a huge number of fans that were waiting for u guys to come to the capital of Brazil. Please, make an effort.
this is a discussion forum for fans to talk about the band, it's endorsed by them but it's not a direct channel to them.

they have fans everywhere in the world and if they decide to go to every place there's fans, they'll never stop touring. it's not even that big a trip from brasilia to são paulo or belo horizonte. you tell them to make an effort but you don't want to make an effort yourself, and a much simpler one since you're just one person and this is a massive production involving hundreds of people and not just the 5 on stage.

be respectful please.
Old September 26th 2014, 05:37 PM
The Sidekick

SA show threads merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique C. View Post
Dude, FF do their best to get around and considering many countries don't get a show at all and Brasil went over a decade without one at all I think them putting on three shows is a huge improvement. They can't be everywhere I'm afraid.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old September 26th 2014, 05:45 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
SA show threads merged.

Dude, FF do their best to get around and considering many countries don't get a show at all and Brasil went over a decade without one at all I think them putting on three shows is a huge improvement. They can't be everywhere I'm afraid.
exactly, and it's actually 4 shows this time. after going so long withouth them coming, this is pretty impressive.
Old September 26th 2014, 06:15 PM
The Sidekick

Default Re: 2015 South America Tour [threads merged]

Four indeed. I find it interesting they're going to Estádio Cícero Pompeu de Toledo in SP, the scene of the worst Nirvana show ever with thousands leaving and most of the rest booing. I guess Dave has decided it's finally safe to return.

--
Old September 26th 2014, 06:37 PM
Visiting is pretty...

hi everyone!

i'm from Argentina! i'm waiting the 18th january!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a question... somebody knows something about "fan pre-sale"?

i'm a huge fan of FF! but i don't know anything about if exist a "fan club", like 10C of PJ for example.

thanks!
Old September 26th 2014, 06:39 PM
The Sidekick

There is no fan club. If you want to get into the fan pre-sale you needed to have signed up here - www.foofighters.com/southamerica . I don't know if it will still work now, but no harm in trying.

--