Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Hey, check out my Foo...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 21st 2018, 10:15 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Original song about Nirvana/Foo Fighters

Back in 1993 Nirvana was on MTV talking about the death of my friend and ex bandmate GG Allin. Here is the video on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_01tPkRCThQ Kurt was the only member that was respectful to GG during this interview. The other 3 members (Dave, the Germs guy and the tall bass player) were really yucking it up. The saddest part about this was Kurt Blew Off His Head (my song title) less than a year later. Maybe these guys should have been respectful. Seems both GG Allin and Kurt Cobain were very tortured souls. This song is a demo but I plan to finish it next month and release it independently. Here is a link to the song. Please share this with Dave Grohl if you delete this post. I hope I jog his memory of something he and his bandmates should be ashamed of considering their bandleader killed himself less than a year later.
https://soundcloud.com/steve-s-79781...mo-with-vocals

Last edited by drastically Reduced : March 22nd 2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old April 5th 2018, 11:22 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Original song about Nirvana/Foo Fighters

Ya know, if I blamed others for my own tortured soul, then it would make sense that they couldn't be around me or understand how to. In fact when two so called friends laughed at my teen homelessness & the abuse that goes with it, I knew to just stop hanging around them bc I was learning to be independent. Half my immediate family members have suicided, one succeeded & all drank antifreeze. But they remind me to live to the best of my abilities. No guilt trips or time to sweat the little things. Hope you can learn to forgive bc I'm sure we are all just busy dealing with our own demons.