Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > FooFighters.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 18th 2015, 06:01 PM
number 9 number 9 - beatles influence?

Default You can't spell fanatic without fan

I want to address the self important rant by Jill - The Boss.

Who says:
"I want to address the TONS of e-mails, posts and PM's that we are receiving this tour from people that have to meet the band because of the following:
Wedding
Engagement
Birthday
Sick relative, friend or really great person
Dying relative, friend or really great person
My kid LOVES them and wants to meet them
I am part of ABC organization and could they come and do this one thing?
I don't want to meet anyone...I just want you to have them give us a shout out at the show because of a wedding, engagement, birthday, sick or dying person.
Can I get a signed picture because of a wedding, engagement, birthday, amazing, sick or dying person.
Can Dave call my .....?

We totally feel for your situation and if we had the power we would totally hook the whole world up. I don't want to seem glib about people with life threatening or terminal illnesses either. It sucks, I'm sorry and it makes me so sad.

However, this is the reality...the band is very busy and they are scheduled usually up to the minute with radio station gigs and other things related to the tour. The amount of requests for any number of these type of requests have tripled with the popularity of the band. If they made time for all the requests, we would never see them actually play music.

So, no the band can't do this one thing for you. Thank you for understanding!"

I suppose this goes for members of the Royal Family who make a personal plea for 'the band' or 'Dave' to help out with their charity event. The band seems to play loads of small gigs and Taylor told me himself he loves playing small venues. They are busy but they love playing so keep those cards and letters coming in folks, you never know your luck. I am not sure the guys really appreciate some self appointed gatekeeper telling genuine fans what they can or can't do to show their admiration.

Perhaps you think we live in some sort of meritocracy where only the elite, rich, famous or connected may touch the hem of the garments of the mighty foo. If you do you completely misunderstand the philosophy and history of generosity and spirit of community that make them the greatest band in the world.

'Nuff said

Yours in foo

Hugh

Last edited by Hughfighter : May 18th 2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old May 18th 2015, 06:08 PM
Fooper!

Default Re: You can't spell fanatic without fan

Wind your neck in. Do you really think Jill has the bloody time to pass on every request? This is a post board for Christ's sake. Jill works on here for free. Maybe people should actually take time to read, note that requests aren't taken on here & perhaps think of other ways to contact the band.
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old May 18th 2015, 06:12 PM
Polite as fuck

You are not special. So there's that.
Old May 18th 2015, 06:28 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

If you don't like the rules, don't come and play. Also, when the mods are employed by the band's management, I think they would know what's allowed and what's not.

Old May 18th 2015, 06:32 PM
The Sidekick

You seem to have misunderstood that message. People can make all the requests to the band they like, all Jill (and I) are saying is that we here at the postboard can NOT hook you up. Feel free to send your requests directly to the band, they may honor some of them, but we can't help you here. That is the point of the message.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old May 19th 2015, 12:06 AM

I don't think anyone expects to be 'hooked up'. Are you really that overwhelmed?
Fans are fans and that's the way it is. The reaction by the owner to the Record Day visit says it all. 'mind blowing' 'unbelievable'

The band love their fans and don't be surprised if they play a gig on your front door. They are never to busy to play a gig anytime, anywhere for anyone.

https://youtu.be/zhtiCGilrqE

Peace and love,

Hugh
Old May 19th 2015, 12:15 AM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughfighter View Post
I don't think anyone expects to be 'hooked up'. Are you really that overwhelmed?
Fans are fans and that's the way it is. The reaction by the owner to the Record Day visit says it all. 'mind blowing' 'unbelievable'

The band love their fans and don't be surprised if they play a gig on your front door. They are never to busy to play a gig anytime, anywhere for anyone.

https://youtu.be/zhtiCGilrqE

Peace and love,

Hugh
So go for it. Again the point is that this isn't the place to ask for these things. Contact management, not the post board moderators.

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old May 19th 2015, 12:47 AM

I'm just saying' :-P

... and anyway Tarquin (if that is in fact your real name) I am too special, so there's that, too.

I really need to get my post count up. You guys with the posts in the thousands are both scary and impressive.

Enjoy the show when it hits your town. Miss the old days.... The Astoria when Ash opened for them was amazing. I wish you could have been there but that was 2002 and you probably had not heard of them back then.

night night

Hugh
Old May 19th 2015, 12:58 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
I'm just saying' :-P

... and anyway Tarquin (if that is in fact your real name) I am too special, so there's that, too.

I really need to get my post count up. You guys with the posts in the thousands are both scary and impressive.

Enjoy the show when it hits your town. Miss the old days.... The Astoria when Ash opened for them was amazing. I wish you could have been there but that was 2002 and you probably had not heard of them back then.

night night

Hugh
You are a dick.
Old May 19th 2015, 01:24 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:
In a word, yes, we were. It's also not just the volume, it's the content. Having to write to people who have dying children and say we can't help them isn't easy or fun. It's the same for the band as well. Yes, they do do amazing things for people all of the time, they're great guys and girls. They can't always say yes though.

Slightly different, but last year some fans in the UK successfully created a crowdfunder to try and get the band to play a small show for them. For whatever reason, the band couldn't/wouldn't do it, and some of the people who put money in were annoyed (I stress some, not all) they said no. Saying no is never fun, but it's something any big band or celebrity has to do. So do (or did) we.

Maybe the wording isn't 100% perfect or a little harsh but hey, we're volunteers running this board for free, we just don't have all the time in the world to dedicate to this sort of thing and Jill and other admin were getting overwhelmed, hence the post.

Anyway, question answered, thread closed. If you have any other concerns or suggestions, feel free to send us a message. As long it's not a request, obviously. We don't do those.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old May 19th 2015, 10:35 PM
The Boss

Dude...give me your email and I will forward the 30 I get daily. That post was to explain that we can't do a shout out at XYZ venue because it's your 20th wedding anniversary kind of requests.

I have a running total right now for certain venues. Manchester is at 25 shout outs. July 4th in Washington D.C. has 21 and it's still May.

They can't do them all so I was trying to collectively address the issue.

Now, they do love their fans and that has nothing to do with the shout out requests, video requests, marriage proposals and making a sick person feel better. It has to do with the fact that the guys management company works with them to make certain shit happen that they chose.

As for me being self important? This is a volunteer gig and I spend a shit load of personal time answering emails, moderating here and running contests. I get a pair of tickets for my time.

Go fuck yourself.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old May 19th 2015, 11:01 PM
Yawn.

Jill is one of the most amazing, giving, hard working people I know. She's done this job for free with more tolerance than I would have EVER had.

You, on the other hand, are a self righteous, grammar lacking, tactless, piece of fucking shit for starting this thread. Go fuck right off. Seriously. Go.
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old May 19th 2015, 11:11 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

Jill is da beh!
Old May 19th 2015, 11:16 PM
The Cookie Is A Lie

Quote:
Ah yes, during their unknown phase when they had only released the FOUR albums...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I have a running total right now for certain venues. Manchester is at 25 shout outs.
OKAY, I GET IT, I'LL STOP SENDING THEM.
Old May 19th 2015, 11:20 PM
Yawn.

LOL Re: You can't spell fanatic without fan

What's this asshole's problem? He can't get a chess game with Dave or something?
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross

Last edited by Knoxy : May 19th 2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old May 19th 2015, 11:30 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
Jill is da beh!
The best....
The best....
The best....
The best....
Of youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

FIFY.
Old May 19th 2015, 11:30 PM
the best the best the best

Location: She grew up in an Indiana town, had a good lookin Mama who never was around

Quote:

WHOA GUYS, BACK OFF. This badass has been listening to the band since 2002!!!
Old May 19th 2015, 11:41 PM
I LIKE CARGO PANTS

Location: ............................................................... over there................ somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
You are not special. So there's that.
Nicely put.

Quote:
...annnnnd the way to do that probably isn't by calling Jill 'self-important'.
Although I *may* have called her a few names in my time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katylalala View Post
Katy. You can't spell 'badass' without ASS.
Old May 20th 2015, 12:44 AM
Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katylalala View Post
Maybe Dave SHOULD pay attention to him. I bet he's solely responsible for every fan since. VIP, suckah.
Old May 20th 2015, 12:55 AM
Educated lady who says "fuck" a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Failure View Post
Ah yes, during their unknown phase when they had only released the FOUR albums...

OKAY, I GET IT, I'LL STOP SENDING THEM.
This whole thing made me giggle a lot. Necessary.

It's cool guys. Not everyone can be the rocket scientist necessary to decipher Jills originally subtle message. I mean Obvs it's super easy to misunderstand and get confused...

Ride life like a pony or you'll end up with a hair cut.
-Hannah Girls

fizzlebizzle