Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old January 4th 2018, 03:53 PM
mingo05's Avatar
mingo05 mingo05 is offline
Colors inside the lines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa City, Ohio, the great potato state
Posts: 23,445
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

We got Enough Space at the Madison show in October. Didn't the second Anthem show have a few oldies? Earlier this tour I heard a few I haven't heard for awhile - I'll Stick Around, Rope, Let It Die
__________________
aka Cheryl from Iowa

*wears a helmet at all times*
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old January 4th 2018, 04:08 PM
offbeatblink's Avatar
offbeatblink offbeatblink is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 362
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon84 View Post
I'm surprised so many people have not come across a sprung floor in a venue before.

They are pretty common over here in venues that used to be Dancehalls/Ballrooms, my local theatre has one which is great when there is a standing gig!
I think the House of Blues Chicago has one, but it has been years since I've been there. And if so, definitely not as springy as The Chelsea. Felt like a mini trampoline, so awesome! No Enough Space was definitely a missed opportunity.
__________________
9/10/05 Office Depot Center Sunrise FL
1/16/08 BankAtlantic Center Sunrise FL
1/17/08 Amway Arena Orlando FL
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
5/18/11 Verizon Arena Little Rock AR
5/20/11 FedEx Forum Memphis TN
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
11/7/11 Gwinnett Center Duluth GA
9/21/12 Music Midtown Atlanta GA
10/26/14 LIB Las Vegas NV
5/27/15 LCCC Manchester UK
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
10/12/17 Anthem Washington DC
12/31/17 Chelsea Las Vegas NV
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old January 4th 2018, 04:12 PM
Jon84 Jon84 is offline
Monkey
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southend, Essex, UK
Posts: 181
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeatblink View Post
I think the House of Blues Chicago has one, but it has been years since I've been there. And if so, definitely not as springy as The Chelsea. Felt like a mini trampoline, so awesome! No Enough Space was definitely a missed opportunity.
HOB in Vegas has one too.

Sounds like a good night had by all
__________________

2011 - Milton Keynes
2008 - Wembley
2007 - The O2
2006 - Hyde Park
2005 - Earls Court
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old January 4th 2018, 04:13 PM
Foo3001 Foo3001 is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Right behind You
Posts: 1,417
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

Not to derail this thread but since it's already started -

When I mean a show is boring it's not just the songs,

Had to check it by listening to my favourite bootlegs which I haven't done in years. There are no real surprises - they're playing the regular set of the tour in every one - but the energy is just so damn good. I feel it's something that is missing these days.

Add the covers and extended jams and I'm out.

Still love the band though, always will!
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old January 4th 2018, 05:03 PM
mingo05's Avatar
mingo05 mingo05 is offline
Colors inside the lines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa City, Ohio, the great potato state
Posts: 23,445
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
Not to derail this thread but since it's already started -

When I mean a show is boring it's not just the songs,

Had to check it by listening to my favourite bootlegs which I haven't done in years. There are no real surprises - they're playing the regular set of the tour in every one - but the energy is just so damn good. I feel it's something that is missing these days.

Add the covers and extended jams and I'm out.

Still love the band though, always will!
I'm beginning to feel the same. I still love the band and have so many great memories, but lately the shows are meh.
__________________
aka Cheryl from Iowa

*wears a helmet at all times*
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old January 4th 2018, 05:17 PM
offbeatblink's Avatar
offbeatblink offbeatblink is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 362
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity FooFan View Post
Did anyone get a poster?

We were inside less than 30 minutes after doors opened, and both merch booths were all sold out - heard from the vendor that people were buying them in bulk, now they're all over EBay for 5x-10x the price.

Curious whether they (or the artist) still print up extra batches for later...
I got a foil and a standard poster. The foil was limited to 25 and the standard to 150, so not surprising they flew. And I think I saw 1 or 2 people buying multiples of the standard, so yeah, the vendor wasn't lying.

Unfortunately, the artist proofs went on sale 1/1 and sold out. Bummed I missed out on that one because I liked the blue variant and font better than the show one. Maybe some will show up on the Foo store in the future?
__________________
9/10/05 Office Depot Center Sunrise FL
1/16/08 BankAtlantic Center Sunrise FL
1/17/08 Amway Arena Orlando FL
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
5/18/11 Verizon Arena Little Rock AR
5/20/11 FedEx Forum Memphis TN
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
11/7/11 Gwinnett Center Duluth GA
9/21/12 Music Midtown Atlanta GA
10/26/14 LIB Las Vegas NV
5/27/15 LCCC Manchester UK
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
10/12/17 Anthem Washington DC
12/31/17 Chelsea Las Vegas NV
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old January 4th 2018, 05:18 PM
offbeatblink's Avatar
offbeatblink offbeatblink is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami
Posts: 362
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Any special merch besides the poster? Someone is selling a foo paty hat. I want one. Not at 70+ though.
Those were free. Don't cave at that price.
__________________
9/10/05 Office Depot Center Sunrise FL
1/16/08 BankAtlantic Center Sunrise FL
1/17/08 Amway Arena Orlando FL
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
5/18/11 Verizon Arena Little Rock AR
5/20/11 FedEx Forum Memphis TN
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
11/7/11 Gwinnett Center Duluth GA
9/21/12 Music Midtown Atlanta GA
10/26/14 LIB Las Vegas NV
5/27/15 LCCC Manchester UK
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
10/12/17 Anthem Washington DC
12/31/17 Chelsea Las Vegas NV
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old January 4th 2018, 05:52 PM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 2,947
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeatblink View Post
I got a foil and a standard poster. The foil was limited to 25 and the standard to 150, so not surprising they flew. And I think I saw 1 or 2 people buying multiples of the standard, so yeah, the vendor wasn't lying.

Unfortunately, the artist proofs went on sale 1/1 and sold out. Bummed I missed out on that one because I liked the blue variant and font better than the show one. Maybe some will show up on the Foo store in the future?
I saw the wanky ebay flippers buying multiples - one guy was hanging around all day with his poster tube waiting for the merch stand to open. I was tempted to get him thrown out but as it was a public area there was nothing that could be done. He didnt even have to have a ticket to the show.

FUCKERS

I bought a foil poster - its very nice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old January 4th 2018, 08:58 PM
northend's Avatar
northend northend is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter Fl
Posts: 150
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

I was able to get an artists print ordered. I agree they were cool,color was better.I ordered the next morning and they were still in stock.

Once it arrives I will have an additional regular poster. I would be willing to swap or whatever.May have a party hat. Need to check.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but there was some Foo Family Lainards being given out. They said It's going to be a long F7?$ing night. Pretty cool keep sake.If you got one.

Also a quick shout out to the folks who organized the line/line numbers so we could all move around and get food. I've seen that turn into a sh@t show at PJ concerts so Kudos to them. I was able to go get food,drink and get back around 7.15 and still pop right back in line. I was # 94 and #95 and met some other great peeps next to us in line also from Florida and we had a blast.
Loved that they played My Sharona(Quick version) but It's my wife's nick name so f yeah.

Still think Richmond was the best set list and energy over all show this leg of tour .although Vegas did not disappoint ,everyone was jacked up. Next up home show in West Palm,which I have a sneaking feeling will be the special show of the spring leg.

Would have loved a stacked actors. It's been years.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old January 4th 2018, 11:37 PM
mingo05's Avatar
mingo05 mingo05 is offline
Colors inside the lines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa City, Ohio, the great potato state
Posts: 23,445
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

^^I'm guessing Poppy handed out the lanyards. She had them in DC & Richmond.
__________________
aka Cheryl from Iowa

*wears a helmet at all times*
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old January 5th 2018, 01:23 AM
Poppy4580's Avatar
Poppy4580 Poppy4580 is offline
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 2,947
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by northend View Post
I was able to get an artists print ordered. I agree they were cool,color was better.I ordered the next morning and they were still in stock.

Once it arrives I will have an additional regular poster. I would be willing to swap or whatever.May have a party hat. Need to check.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but there was some Foo Family Lainards being given out. They said It's going to be a long F7?$ing night. Pretty cool keep sake.If you got one.

Also a quick shout out to the folks who organized the line/line numbers so we could all move around and get food. I've seen that turn into a sh@t show at PJ concerts so Kudos to them. I was able to go get food,drink and get back around 7.15 and still pop right back in line. I was # 94 and #95 and met some other great peeps next to us in line also from Florida and we had a blast.
Loved that they played My Sharona(Quick version) but It's my wife's nick name so f yeah.

Still think Richmond was the best set list and energy over all show this leg of tour .although Vegas did not disappoint ,everyone was jacked up. Next up home show in West Palm,which I have a sneaking feeling will be the special show of the spring leg.

Would have loved a stacked actors. It's been years.
Yes the lanyards and the line organization was me.

Doing the lanyards was fun, the line organization was not. Was hard work getting the venue security not to kick everyone out of the lobby area and an even harder job getting them to 'officially' recognize the number system.
__________________

Last edited by Poppy4580 : January 5th 2018 at 02:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old January 5th 2018, 03:39 AM
northend's Avatar
northend northend is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter Fl
Posts: 150
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

Cheers Poppy ! Thank you and well done.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old January 15th 2018, 02:41 PM
bwhee bwhee is offline
Don't let it go to waste
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by northend View Post
I was able to get an artists print ordered. I agree they were cool,color was better.I ordered the next morning and they were still in stock.

Once it arrives I will have an additional regular poster. I would be willing to swap or whatever.May have a party hat. Need to check.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but there was some Foo Family Lainards being given out. They said It's going to be a long F7?$ing night. Pretty cool keep sake.If you got one.

Also a quick shout out to the folks who organized the line/line numbers so we could all move around and get food. I've seen that turn into a sh@t show at PJ concerts so Kudos to them. I was able to go get food,drink and get back around 7.15 and still pop right back in line. I was # 94 and #95 and met some other great peeps next to us in line also from Florida and we had a blast.
Loved that they played My Sharona(Quick version) but It's my wife's nick name so f yeah.

Still think Richmond was the best set list and energy over all show this leg of tour .although Vegas did not disappoint ,everyone was jacked up. Next up home show in West Palm,which I have a sneaking feeling will be the special show of the spring leg.

Would have loved a stacked actors. It's been years.
I've got a couple of party hats and I'd love a poster. If we could work out a deal, holler.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old January 17th 2018, 08:18 PM
FooZealand's Avatar
FooZealand FooZealand is offline
Easy For YOU To Say
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,503
Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

I was happy to totally pass on the posters for this and not line the flippers pockets, but 150 of 150 of the actual darker gig variant came up - and seeing as how in this instance it was a countdown to the end so to speak - it effectively makes it (and 25/25 of the foil) the last official items sold for 2017, which is kinda cool.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.