Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 4th 2018, 03:53 PM
Colors inside the lines

Default Re: Las Vegas - New Years Eve

We got Enough Space at the Madison show in October. Didn't the second Anthem show have a few oldies? Earlier this tour I heard a few I haven't heard for awhile - I'll Stick Around, Rope, Let It Die

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old January 4th 2018, 04:08 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon84 View Post
I'm surprised so many people have not come across a sprung floor in a venue before.

They are pretty common over here in venues that used to be Dancehalls/Ballrooms, my local theatre has one which is great when there is a standing gig!
I think the House of Blues Chicago has one, but it has been years since I've been there. And if so, definitely not as springy as The Chelsea. Felt like a mini trampoline, so awesome! No Enough Space was definitely a missed opportunity.
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
5/18/11 Verizon Arena Little Rock AR
5/20/11 FedEx Forum Memphis TN
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
11/7/11 Gwinnett Center Duluth GA
9/21/12 Music Midtown Atlanta GA
10/26/14 LIB Las Vegas NV
5/27/15 LCCC Manchester UK
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
10/12/17 Anthem Washington DC
12/31/17 Chelsea Las Vegas NV
Old January 4th 2018, 04:12 PM
Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeatblink View Post
I think the House of Blues Chicago has one, but it has been years since I've been there. And if so, definitely not as springy as The Chelsea. Felt like a mini trampoline, so awesome! No Enough Space was definitely a missed opportunity.
HOB in Vegas has one too.

Sounds like a good night had by all

2011 - Milton Keynes
2008 - Wembley
2007 - The O2
2006 - Hyde Park
2005 - Earls Court
Old January 4th 2018, 04:13 PM
Have you found your way around

Not to derail this thread but since it's already started -

When I mean a show is boring it's not just the songs,

Had to check it by listening to my favourite bootlegs which I haven't done in years. There are no real surprises - they're playing the regular set of the tour in every one - but the energy is just so damn good. I feel it's something that is missing these days.

Add the covers and extended jams and I'm out.

Still love the band though, always will!
Old January 4th 2018, 05:03 PM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
Not to derail this thread but since it's already started -

When I mean a show is boring it's not just the songs,

Had to check it by listening to my favourite bootlegs which I haven't done in years. There are no real surprises - they're playing the regular set of the tour in every one - but the energy is just so damn good. I feel it's something that is missing these days.

Add the covers and extended jams and I'm out.

Still love the band though, always will!
I'm beginning to feel the same. I still love the band and have so many great memories, but lately the shows are meh.

Old January 4th 2018, 05:17 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity FooFan View Post
Did anyone get a poster?

We were inside less than 30 minutes after doors opened, and both merch booths were all sold out - heard from the vendor that people were buying them in bulk, now they're all over EBay for 5x-10x the price.

Curious whether they (or the artist) still print up extra batches for later...
I got a foil and a standard poster. The foil was limited to 25 and the standard to 150, so not surprising they flew. And I think I saw 1 or 2 people buying multiples of the standard, so yeah, the vendor wasn't lying.

Unfortunately, the artist proofs went on sale 1/1 and sold out. Bummed I missed out on that one because I liked the blue variant and font better than the show one. Maybe some will show up on the Foo store in the future?
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
Old January 4th 2018, 05:18 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Any special merch besides the poster? Someone is selling a foo paty hat. I want one. Not at 70+ though.
Those were free. Don't cave at that price.
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
Old January 4th 2018, 05:52 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeatblink View Post
I got a foil and a standard poster. The foil was limited to 25 and the standard to 150, so not surprising they flew. And I think I saw 1 or 2 people buying multiples of the standard, so yeah, the vendor wasn't lying.

Unfortunately, the artist proofs went on sale 1/1 and sold out. Bummed I missed out on that one because I liked the blue variant and font better than the show one. Maybe some will show up on the Foo store in the future?
I saw the wanky ebay flippers buying multiples - one guy was hanging around all day with his poster tube waiting for the merch stand to open. I was tempted to get him thrown out but as it was a public area there was nothing that could be done. He didnt even have to have a ticket to the show.

FUCKERS

I bought a foil poster - its very nice.
Old January 4th 2018, 08:58 PM
I'll Stick Around

I was able to get an artists print ordered. I agree they were cool,color was better.I ordered the next morning and they were still in stock.

Once it arrives I will have an additional regular poster. I would be willing to swap or whatever.May have a party hat. Need to check.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but there was some Foo Family Lainards being given out. They said It's going to be a long F7?$ing night. Pretty cool keep sake.If you got one.

Also a quick shout out to the folks who organized the line/line numbers so we could all move around and get food. I've seen that turn into a sh@t show at PJ concerts so Kudos to them. I was able to go get food,drink and get back around 7.15 and still pop right back in line. I was # 94 and #95 and met some other great peeps next to us in line also from Florida and we had a blast.
Loved that they played My Sharona(Quick version) but It's my wife's nick name so f yeah.

Still think Richmond was the best set list and energy over all show this leg of tour .although Vegas did not disappoint ,everyone was jacked up. Next up home show in West Palm,which I have a sneaking feeling will be the special show of the spring leg.

Would have loved a stacked actors. It's been years.
Old January 4th 2018, 11:37 PM
Colors inside the lines

^^I'm guessing Poppy handed out the lanyards. She had them in DC & Richmond.

Old January 5th 2018, 01:23 AM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northend View Post
I was able to get an artists print ordered. I agree they were cool,color was better.I ordered the next morning and they were still in stock.

Once it arrives I will have an additional regular poster. I would be willing to swap or whatever.May have a party hat. Need to check.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but there was some Foo Family Lainards being given out. They said It's going to be a long F7?$ing night. Pretty cool keep sake.If you got one.

Also a quick shout out to the folks who organized the line/line numbers so we could all move around and get food. I've seen that turn into a sh@t show at PJ concerts so Kudos to them. I was able to go get food,drink and get back around 7.15 and still pop right back in line. I was # 94 and #95 and met some other great peeps next to us in line also from Florida and we had a blast.
Loved that they played My Sharona(Quick version) but It's my wife's nick name so f yeah.

Still think Richmond was the best set list and energy over all show this leg of tour .although Vegas did not disappoint ,everyone was jacked up. Next up home show in West Palm,which I have a sneaking feeling will be the special show of the spring leg.

Yes the lanyards and the line organization was me.

Doing the lanyards was fun, the line organization was not. Was hard work getting the venue security not to kick everyone out of the lobby area and an even harder job getting them to 'officially' recognize the number system.

Last edited by Poppy4580 : January 5th 2018 at 02:01 AM.
Old January 5th 2018, 03:39 AM
I'll Stick Around

Cheers Poppy ! Thank you and well done.
Old January 15th 2018, 02:41 PM
Don't let it go to waste

Quote:
Originally Posted by northend View Post

I've got a couple of party hats and I'd love a poster. If we could work out a deal, holler.
Old January 17th 2018, 08:18 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

I was happy to totally pass on the posters for this and not line the flippers pockets, but 150 of 150 of the actual darker gig variant came up - and seeing as how in this instance it was a countdown to the end so to speak - it effectively makes it (and 25/25 of the foil) the last official items sold for 2017, which is kinda cool.