Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old September 11th 2014, 10:09 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Really? Fucking hell, that's nothing short of a miracle there!
Nice to see miracles do happen sometimes!
O2 Arena 17.11.07
Wembley Stadium 06.06.08
Wembley Stadium 07.06.08
Wembley Arena 25.02.11
Dingwalls 26.02.11
Milton Keynes 02.07.11
Milton Keynes 03.07.11
Reading Festival 26.08.12
Islington Assembly Hall 12.09.14
Queen Elizabeth Park 14.09.14

Some Videos

The Holy Shits Islington pics
Some Pictures
Old September 11th 2014, 10:09 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeybaby86 View Post
Don't know where we can get another do you?

And thanks for sticking up for us, there's some real keyboard warriors in here I have discovered x
it is only possible if you find someone with two tickets who wants to use only one and will let you be their plus one. I was offered TWO tickets yesterday for tonight but couldn't get past how you deal with the ID thing.
Old September 11th 2014, 10:10 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
They do happen. Look at that fucker Moses.

Old September 11th 2014, 10:11 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Also just realised I have quite literally read 163 pages in this thread!
I wonder if I can invoice the Foos for loss of earnings
O2 Arena 17.11.07
Wembley Stadium 06.06.08
Wembley Stadium 07.06.08
Wembley Arena 25.02.11
Dingwalls 26.02.11
Milton Keynes 02.07.11
Milton Keynes 03.07.11
Reading Festival 26.08.12
Islington Assembly Hall 12.09.14
Queen Elizabeth Park 14.09.14

Some Videos

The Holy Shits Islington pics
Some Pictures
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouikey View Post
Just got in from the third stressful day. I didn't manage to get tix, but my hubby got 1 so we are currently playing rock, paper, scissors to see who will be attending tomorrow.

I guess we are very lucky because we also have a friend who got 1 for Brighton (and had an awesome time) she kindly bought back a t-shirt for me too which I shall wear with pride is weekend!! I am really pleased that after being a long term farm she finally got to see them in a tiny venue!!

Well, long shot I know, but if anyone has a spare +1 please let me know, it will be the first time in a very very long time that I haven't been to a gig with my hubby (or him with me - I seem to be predicting the outcome of our tournament!!)

Thanks lovelies, your always awesome (even when judging a person by the number of posts!!)
Xx
Get in line lol

Seriously though, I feel your pain. Me and the missus have one ticket between us, was hoping we would be able to get another but no luck so far good luck to you, I'm gonna let her go and wait outside for her. I've seen foos 4 or 5 times but she's only seen them the once, as much as I really wanna get in it means more to her. We had our first prop per date 3 years back at the Milton Keynes gig x
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE4498 View Post
They do happen. Look at that fucker Moses.

Even Moses got tix? Damn!

😄

Reading Festival 26/08/95 - O2 Arena 17/11/07 -Wembley Stadium 06/06/08 - NME Big Gig Wembley Arena 25/02/11 - Milton Keynes 02/07/11
Old September 11th 2014, 10:12 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo View Post
it is only possible if you find someone with two tickets who wants to use only one and will let you be their plus one. I was offered TWO tickets yesterday for tonight but couldn't get past how you deal with the ID thing.
That's an interesting point, and one we are currently discussing - primarily because I might go but bought in hubby's name. I'll have the card and paperwork, but I'd like to think I don't look like a Mr!!

Also, just read some of the recent posts about buying a single ticket... We have, whilst it's a pretty tough decision, at least one of us will get to see them
One last thing before I quit I never wanted any more than I could fit into my head I still remember every single word you said and all the shit that somehow came along with it... blah blah blah .... I've really gotta learn the words!!!
Old September 11th 2014, 10:13 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Get in line lol

Seriously though, I feel your pain. Me and the missus have one ticket between us, was hoping we would be able to get another but no luck so far good luck to you, I'm gonna let her go and wait outside for her. I've seen foos 4 or 5 times but she's only seen them the once, as much as I really wanna get in it means more to her. We had our first prop per date 3 years back at the Milton Keynes gig x
Real nice, almost heart warming...........kill her, and go to the gig!! You would defo get off
Old September 11th 2014, 10:15 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjam View Post
Lol.

You love them but can't travel?

If the final gig was in Sheffield as briefly thought yesterday I was planning to drive straight from work to make it and drive home after.
When was the last time you looked at a map? Scotland is a fair bit further away from London than Sheffield FFS.

Some of us need to give notice before taking time off work, and even then there is no guarantee of getting train tickets at short notice on the East Coast line. Add a hotel on for the night and you could be looking at £300+ for a day trip to London.

The real question is why they felt they couldn't spread the 4 gigs across the country. When in Scotland they always mention how one of their greatest gigs was at The Barrowlands yet it obviously wasn't great enough for them to travel north of London.
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Iron Maiden - Newcastle, May
Iron Maiden - Glasgow Hydro, May
Kiss - Glasgow Hydro, May
Guns 'N' Roses - London, June
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Get in line lol

Haha - just read some recent posts! Made me laugh because I should have read them first!!!

We have both seen them a fair few times and very lucky to get to a couple of the smaller gigs, we were actually expecting not to get any as we have been so lucky in the past (even winning on Radio 1 - how I'll never know). If your lovely wife wants company, and isn't fussed about being right at the front (I'm getting old) it would be lovely to have company!!
One last thing before I quit I never wanted any more than I could fit into my head I still remember every single word you said and all the shit that somehow came along with it... blah blah blah .... I've really gotta learn the words!!!
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Its a good idea as it eliminates touts but a real pain for us without a ticket!

As I've already said I'm gonna go up with her and wait outside. You never know I might luck out and find someone with a plus 1
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBomb777 View Post
Even Moses got tix? Damn!

😄
Parted those electronic seas and walked through into the world of the plump and full baskets of tickets.
Old September 11th 2014, 10:17 PM
undress for success

Quote:
I have no idea how I managed.
Old September 11th 2014, 10:17 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouikey View Post
That's an interesting point, and one we are currently discussing - primarily because I might go but bought in hubby's name. I'll have the card and paperwork, but I'd like to think I don't look like a Mr!!

Also, just read some of the recent posts about buying a single ticket... We have, whilst it's a pretty tough decision, at least one of us will get to see them
that was the problem - I just don't look like a bloke either! However if you have a joint account could you use hubby's credit card as your ID? It might not work… recently went to a gig with similar "lead person" rules and my husband offered over his credit card as my ID - they were not impressed, as I bought the tickets it had to be mine :/
Old September 11th 2014, 10:20 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
that was the problem - I just don't look like a bloke either! However if you have a joint account could you use hubby's credit card as your ID? It might not work… recently went to a gig with similar "lead person" rules and my husband offered over his credit card as my ID - they were not impressed, as I bought the tickets it had to be mine :/
Only option is to have a quick sex change op. Should be ok by 6.30 tomorrow as long as you can walk
Old September 11th 2014, 10:21 PM
I'll Stick Around

my eldest daughter was trying for tickets at work.. her boss caught her asked what she was doing. She explained and he got out his phone and tried to get tickets for her as well! Nobody got any but just wanted to share that
Old September 11th 2014, 10:22 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE4498 View Post
Only option is to have a quick sex change op. Should be ok by 6.30 tomorrow as long as you can walk
actually lolled at that
Old September 11th 2014, 10:23 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Well, I have my card too, same account and all that, so with both of them I would hope it should be OK... I will 'try' and call tomorrow to ask... Not sure how flexible they will be but I assume we're not the only ones this would apply to?
Old September 11th 2014, 10:24 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Eek! Re: UK bound

Think I will go down to venue anyway tomorrow.Will be nice to mix with Foos Fans young or old(I'm in the old category)!! Can travel on the Oxford tube and get at least a measly 3 quid off with my old fart ticket.Nearly the price of a pint.!!May have an extremely slim chance of getting a ticket if someone's no 2 doesn't turn up.Has anyone on here any idea if you would hear the music from outside there like they could in Brghton?
Old September 11th 2014, 10:24 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I didn't see a wheelchair option when trying for tix.Did you? If not try kicking up a fuss.May work? It's a bit naughty if they didn't.
No disabled option, this was on their Q&A page

If I am a disabled person what is the best way for me to make a booking?

The best way to book any special seating requirements is to call us on 0844 811 0051.

Many venues handle disabled bookings directly, as they need to talk to the customers to determine specific needs and therefore the best seating/allocation. If this is the case, we'll usually be able to provide you with the venue's direct phone number. For some venues, we can book accessible seats, but again, we prefer to speak to customers to ensure they are given the best options regarding their requirements.

For these reasons, most events are not set up to book disabled tickets online, for which we apologise. So please, give us a call and we'll do what we can to help. (Which is to do fuck all!!!)
Closed Thread