Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old September 12th 2014, 08:07 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: UK bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeybaby86 View Post
Come on guys, please don't let @tasha_hyatt have to go on her own. She's not from London, its scary for her
Islington is a lot of things mate, but it's not scary. She'll defo be comfortable, it's insanely lovely compared to most of the city especially if you're chaperoning her. I'm sure loads of us have done dozens of gigs on our own (seen Foo's several times on my lonesome) and by the sounds of it you'll be feet away. She'll love it.
Brixton 14/11/95 - Astoria 28/5/97 -V 97 17/8/97 - Brixton 23/11/97--Shepherds Bush 13/12/97 --Ozzfest 20/6/98 -Brixton 25/11/99 -Stratford Rex 24/8/00 -Reading 25/8/00 -Brixton 10/12/00 -V 2001 19/8/01 --Reading 24/8/02 --Astoria 26/8/02 --Wembley 22/11/02 --V 2003 16/8/03 - Astoria 24/8/05 - Earls Court 17/12/05 - Apollo Victoria 14/06/06 -- Hyde Park 17/06/06 - O2 Arena London 17-18/11/07 - Wembley Stadium 06-07/06/08 - Wembley Arena 25/02/11 - Dingwalls 26/02/11. Plus more.
Old September 12th 2014, 08:13 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloBay View Post
For what it's worth, my face won't feel like it's been rubbed in anything unpleasant by reading accounts of an awesome gig. I wish I'd been there of course, but the next best thing to being there is hearing about it from people who were. It makes me happy.
That's the best thing I've read on here! Like the others who didn't get a ticket, I'm sooo gutted but really happy to share everyone else's experiences of the gigs....

This last week has been amazing for the buzz, what's it going to be like when they announce a proper full on tour?

At least it'll give me time to perfect my my online skills, I kinda miss the old days of the email and actually speaking to someone to book.... Always felt like you'd won something when you actually got through and they said you'd got tickets!
Reading 95 *Brixton 99 *Reading 00 *V 01 *Wembley 02 *Reading 03 *Astoria 05 *Reading 05 *Earls Court 05 * Apollo Victoria 06 *Hyde Park 06 *Live Earth 07 *London 02 07 *Wembley 08 *MK Bowl 11 *Reading 12 *Islington AH Sept 14 *Wembley 15* Milton Keynes 15 *London 02 17*James Corden Show 2018* London Olympic Stadium 18* Reading Festival 2019*

Jackson United-Water Rats London - Nov 08
TCV-Reading Aug 09* Hammersmith Dec 09 * RAH Mar 10
TH&TCTR-La Scala - May 10
SCP–Forum Feb 13
Old September 12th 2014, 08:17 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Well last night was awesome. The setlist was fantastic. Would have preferred an Enough Space opener instead of White Limo but I really can't complain.

I couldn't believe how few people knew the old stuff. For All The Cows in particular was met with blank stares. Am I right in thinking the jam at the end of This Is A Call was some new material? If so it sounded heavy.

On the way out we got a goodie tote bag printed with the gig poster that was doing the rounds. In it we got a proper gig poster, a vans bandana thing, a vans lanyard and a coin purse.

Also got Taylor's drum stick. In 17 years of going to gigs I've never got anything. It's absolutely battered though. That man hammers his kit!

My ears don't work this morning though...
Old September 12th 2014, 08:21 AM
FooArchive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsystem View Post
Am I right in thinking the jam at the end of This Is A Call was some new material? If so it sounded heavy.
The last-minute band huddle as Dave explained what they were going to do during TIAC suggested it's a piece of new music.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old September 12th 2014, 08:28 AM
your mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
So glad you had a great time! I think it was just Simon as you as far as the people I know.
Ive heard Aurora twice live I think. Amazing!
The only other old gig faces that I know were there were Suzanne and Sarah (boxshapedheart) but thanks to some crappy signal and the fact i arrived laye I didn't catch them.

I think that's probably it For me now though. The anxiety gets too frustrating when I'm in crowded spaces and everyone surrounding me became incredibly annoying (why are you shouting for freebird after each song!?!)

Luckily they had three bars and a bloody restaurant all with big screens of the stage so towards the end I chilled out and had a sit down with a beer and burger. The sound was actually better from back there haha.

I also concur with the lack of love for some of the older songs. Skin and bones became a chance for everyone to have a chat, same for all the cows but I think that some of the initial momentum was lost which probably affected the crowd.

One last thing, hello to whoever it was who started talking to us (forgot your name, 4 letters starting with an S!!) Just before the show started. I went and got the photo booth pictures done! I didn't spot it first time round!
Old September 12th 2014, 08:33 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsystem View Post
Well last night was awesome. The setlist was fantastic. Would have preferred an Enough Space opener instead of White Limo but I really can't complain.

I couldn't believe how few people knew the old stuff. For All The Cows in particular was met with blank stares. Am I right in thinking the jam at the end of This Is A Call was some new material? If so it sounded heavy.

On the way out we got a goodie tote bag printed with the gig poster that was doing the rounds. In it we got a proper gig poster, a vans bandana thing, a vans lanyard and a coin purse.

Also got Taylor's drum stick. In 17 years of going to gigs I've never got anything. It's absolutely battered though. That man hammers his kit!

My ears don't work this morning though...
ha ha I have Tinnitus anyway but this morning!! boy oh boy....

It was an immense gig.. loved it and being so close to the band.. met a couple of people on here.. Oiky & Partner and then Kelly.... lovely people and I kind of kidnapped Kelly as my 'Sister' for the night lmao!!

Really enjoyed myself and even the tube and train journey home was a hoot...

Roll on Sunday!!!!
Old September 12th 2014, 08:34 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz666 View Post
Ok. Controversial first post but.....maybe the Foo's did look at that map and thought......nay.

They came over to play a big outdoor gig in London. They've got a new album out and so they've obviously got a lot of media stuff that they are obligated to do. They thought they'd chuck in some local shows. I don't see the problem. As you've already pointed out yourself....look at the map. The main thing for them really is the big Sunday gig, they hardly want to be travelling up and down the country. It's hardly like they're missing out the North on a world tour.
FFS. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a little slow because you missed every point in both my posts you replied to with irrelevant nonsense.

The Foos are here for a week, and could have traveled somewhere north of London for at least one gig for people who can't make it to the London at short notice. People outwith the London area can't just drop everything at a day's notice and get to London - it takes longer than that to arrange time of work, book flights, trains/planes, hotels.
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Iron Maiden - Newcastle, May
Iron Maiden - Glasgow Hydro, May
Kiss - Glasgow Hydro, May
Guns 'N' Roses - London, June
Old September 12th 2014, 08:38 AM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
So glad you had a great time! I think it was just Simon as you as far as the people I know.
I believe Charlotte was there as well.
Old September 12th 2014, 08:42 AM
FooArchive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_foo View Post
FFS. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a little slow because you missed every point in both my posts you replied to with irrelevant nonsense.

The Foos are here for a week, and could have traveled somewhere north of London for at least one gig for people who can't make it to the London at short notice. People outwith the London area can't just drop everything at a day's notice and get to London - it takes longer than that to arrange time of work, book flights, trains/planes, hotels.
I said earlier in this thread that in the past they've always played secret gigs in London and I didn't expect this time to be any different, especially with all the promo work during the day this time (they've recorded sessions, had photoshoots, done lengthy interviews for cover features).
That said, if you can drive 60 miles South of central London - why not drive 60 miles north? And the answer is this: these are booked by the band's Uk promoters & booking agents and they are all lazy & Londoncentric.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old September 12th 2014, 08:49 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Wink Re: UK bound

At least at 60 I am getting better with technology.Only opened a Twitter Account(with my son's help) last week just to get the Foos secret show tweets.Another plus to chalk up in my love for the guys.
Old September 12th 2014, 08:55 AM
How Do You Do

I know that if I lived up North, anywhere, I'd find the money to make a trip down to london. We knew Foos would be back at some point this year, so I would've put some money to one side to allow for travel and hotels. I'm from Southend and have travelled to Scotland for T in the Park (a festival, not even an official Foo show!). British people are renowned for complaining, and all this is a great example of that.
Old September 12th 2014, 08:56 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Lightbulb Re: UK bound

I'm just now finally coming to terms with the fact I got nadda, 3 times/days/gigs on the trot. I'm clinging to the fact that I have seen them 7 times, one of which was Dingwalls '07 (very fond memory of 10 minute plus For All the Cows with extended breakdown featuring Dave telling the story of their tour beards and Taylor's lack of one ). Also pleased/frustrated in equal measure that I was outside Concorde in Brighton on Wednesday.

However, I sincerely hope all that got tickets thoroughly enjoyed/enjoy the gigs.

Also, would people be interested in voicing our collective opinion on the lack of pre-sale/advance opportunity for dedicated fans on the mailing list and this forum? (Appreciate that there was for *some* album pre-orders on the website for the HoV show, but even that seemed random and slap-dash)

How about a very politely worded online petition aimed at the Foos management or even themselves? Any takers?

*Happy to start a new thread on this if people feel strongly enough...*
05/07/07 Dingwalls
17/11/07 O2 Dome
06/06/08 Wembley Std
03/07/11 Milton Keynes Bowl
10/09/14 Concorde2 (outside on the pavement!)
Always hoping for more...

QOTSA - FF support @ Hyde Park, Reading 2008, Brighton Dome 23/11/07

Tenacious D - Brighton Centre 17/12/06 & 18/12/12
Old September 12th 2014, 09:05 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeybaby86 View Post
Hope I got in there first with this one, am willing to pay higher than face value xxsent you a privet message
Mate, you need to relax, and not offer to pay over face value on here. It's against the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
I know that if I lived up North, anywhere, I'd find the money to make a trip down to london. We knew Foos would be back at some point this year, so I would've put some money to one side to allow for travel and hotels. I'm from Southend and have travelled to Scotland for T in the Park (a festival, not even an official Foo show!). British people are renowned for complaining, and all this is a great example of that.
Yeah but you are die-hard . How is Africa?!

03/06/95 KCLSU 15/11/95 Brixton 28/05/97 Astoria 29/05/97 Astoria 23/11/97 Brixton 25/11/99 Brixton 04/03/00 Scala 24/08/00 Stratford Rex 26/08/02 Astoria 23/11/02 Wembley Arena 24/08/05 Astoria 17/12/05 Earls Court 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/11/07 02 Arena 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wembley Arena 03/07/11 MK Bowl 11/07/2011 Camden Roundhouse 10/09/2014 Brighton Concorde 2 14/09/2014 Invictus Games 06/09/2015 MK Bowl
Old September 12th 2014, 09:14 AM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
You should always put some money aside. Just in case.

I've seen FF (+ SCP) six times and only one of those gigs was in my own country. You guys are spoiled!

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP) | Wembley Stadium II
Milton Keynes I 2015 | Köhln 2015 | Rock Werchter 2017 | AccorHotels Arena Paris 2017 | NOS Alive 2017 | Sportpaleis Antwerp 2018 | Olympic Stadium II 2018
Old September 12th 2014, 09:16 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Who were the Dutch TV company interviewing us all in the queue ?
Old September 12th 2014, 09:17 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sova View Post
Who were the Dutch TV company interviewing us all in the queue ?
Hello, any time suggestions to get there to queue tonight or shall I leave now !!!?
Old September 12th 2014, 09:17 AM
[INSERT GENITALS HERE]

Quote:
British people are renowned for complaining, and all this is a great example of that.
What a complete load of shite.
Old September 12th 2014, 09:21 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
I've heard it live twice too! Love it. Should definately get more outings than it does
O2 Arena 17.11.07
Wembley Stadium 06.06.08
Wembley Stadium 07.06.08
Wembley Arena 25.02.11
Dingwalls 26.02.11
Milton Keynes 02.07.11
Milton Keynes 03.07.11
Reading Festival 26.08.12
Islington Assembly Hall 12.09.14
Queen Elizabeth Park 14.09.14

Some Videos

The Holy Shits Islington pics
Some Pictures
Old September 12th 2014, 09:27 AM
How Do You Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
Mate, you need to relax, and not offer to pay over face value on here. It's against the rules.

Yeah but you are die-hard . How is Africa?!
Fucking hot
Old September 12th 2014, 09:29 AM
I'll Stick Around

still hoping someone needs a plus one…. actually hoping two people do but if I'm lucky enough to find just the one I will let my daughter have it and wait outside. Will also offer to drive the ticket holder to the door, give them beer money and drive them home…. a long shot but this thing ain't dead yet
Closed Thread