Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old February 6th 2012, 03:12 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Foo Fighters live guide

hi everyone, i created a new foo fighters live guide a couple of days ago.

my main goal with this site is to collect all live gigs in one place. i hope true fans and collectors will help me with this. it is realy simple to use - to add or edit any information about the gig you need just login with your facebook account.

i hope you like the idea and enjoy of exploring.

fflive[dot]info

with any questions or suggestions please write to me in this thread
Old February 6th 2012, 03:22 PM
The Sidekick

Default Re: Foo Fighters live guide

You've basically just completely copied Jamies old video guide word for word, not good internet practice dude.

http://web.archive.org/web/200606150...k.com/foovids/

Also, www.foofighterslive.com.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old February 6th 2012, 03:39 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Jamies old video guide doesn't exist anymore.
Is it a good practice to take it back to life?

foofighterslive com - old site, good content. i guess this is "one man" site.
my version allows any user add or edit video info. also there is youtube link on almost each video. i think this is a plus.

Last edited by fflive : February 6th 2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old February 6th 2012, 03:42 PM
I AM EVERYWHERE

Thumbs down Re: Foo Fighters live guide

...yeah, I think I'll stick with Simon's site as my main resource for info about live Foo shows. Thanks anyway.
Homer: "Oh Lisa, I just meant that marriage is like a coffin. And each kid is another nail..."
Enter at your peril. I will not be held responsible.

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old February 6th 2012, 03:53 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflive View Post

my version allows any user add or edit video info. also there is youtube link on almost each video. i think this is a plus.
It may be a good idea to replace a website that isn't online anymore but it's not a good idea to re-use that old content which you didn't create. I sure hope you aren't planning to borrow content from my website for the later years after Jamie stopped maintaining his website.

When we created foofighterslive there were many other live websites in the past but we did two things. Firstly we asked for permission to continue those guides from the authors and secondly we rewrote most of it from scratch.

Also allowing anyone to edit an informational website like that isn't a great idea because people can change anything they like which may not be correct, that incorrect information is then spread as fact.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old February 6th 2012, 04:43 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
...yeah, I think I'll stick with Simon's site as my main resource for info about live Foo shows. Thanks anyway.
Same here.
Old February 6th 2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:

I personally don't think of foofighterslive.com as an old site. Simon puts a lot of time and effort to make sure that he has the correct information on there.
Old February 6th 2012, 04:56 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
I sure hope you aren't planning to borrow content from my website for the later years
i get it. you against this, even if your site will be dead and unavailable to other users. all information belongs to you. don't worry, i'm not planning to take content from your site.
Old February 6th 2012, 05:00 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista View Post
Same here.
And here. I don't think the site will be dying anytime soon.
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old February 6th 2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
And here. I don't think the site will be dying anytime soon.
Me either.
I always check the live guide on Simon's site if I can't remember the date/year of a show since there isn't a blackbox on here anymore.
Old February 6th 2012, 05:37 PM
The Sidekick

Well FFL is old in the sense that it started six years ago but it's constantly updated and is about to receive a large overhaul very soon. Also yes, FFL will be online as long as I am, I guarantee that.

Also to the OP the other problem with copying Jamie's old site is that you've copied outdated information, so a lot of it is now wrong.

--
Old February 6th 2012, 06:13 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Also to the OP the other problem with copying Jamie's old site is that you've copied outdated information, so a lot of it is now wrong.
ok. as the first topic says i came here for help.
the only way to check what information wrong is your site. am i right?

do you mind if i will transfer list of gigs from your site to mine?
i'm only interested in shows that were filmed. and only date, country and setlist fields. link to your site and words of gratitude on my main page is required (if you want on every page). cause anyway users will be copying info from the internet, probably from your site too. so i have to ask this question anyway.
Old February 6th 2012, 06:43 PM
The Sidekick

All of the content is property of my website. Whilst certain information is easily found on other websites most of the information in my video guide is personally researched and written by myself or other editors.

Copying my website is not the only way to verify your information is correct. There is nothing to stop you acquiring the videos you feature and finding out the information for yourself. I don't give you permission to simply copy and paste any parts of my website, sorry.

What is your main goal with your website? I'm not going to tell you what to do of course but I don't see the need for 'competing' websites in an area such as fansites for music bands.

We're all fans of the band and if a resource is already available online I don't see the logic in another working on the same material. It's for that reason I don't tread on Paul's toes and include any material similar to www.fooarchive.com on my website, even though I could. His website exists for that purpose so there is no point in me doing the same thing to compete with him.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do, the more FF websites the better, but please do not take content from my website.

--
Old February 6th 2012, 06:45 PM
WWLD?

Quote:
Well FFL is old in the sense that it started six years ago but it's constantly updated and is about to receive a large overhaul very soon. Also yes, FFL will be online as long as I am, I guarantee that.

Old February 6th 2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Ditto, Simon's site does it for me.
Old February 6th 2012, 07:05 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I don't give you permission to simply copy and paste any parts of my website, sorry.
ok. no problem i undestand. but how i will find out if user copied information from your site or somewhere elses? lets imaging this hapenning. what should i do? check with your site and delete those information? or just don't add it cause you already have it.

Quote:
What is your main goal with your website? I'm not going to tell you what to do of course but I don't see the need for 'competing' websites in an area such as fansites for music bands.
i described my main goal already. also i want to collect all available online videos together. therefore no need in searching youtube. this is convenient for me. and i think will be cool for others. you don't have this feature.
i'm not trying to compete with your site. because the challenge was already lost before it was started. (if we are talking about database) the only thing where i won that i have pat smear in the header and you don't haha

anyway... i want to thank you and your team for your website and work you have done. all the best.
Old February 6th 2012, 07:11 PM
The Sidekick

Well a setlist is a setlist, I can't lay claim to that but it's plainly obvious if someone just copies and pastes the complete details of a video from my website, example:

Quote:
09/03/95 - Festa de L’Unitΰ (Modena Open Air Festival), Modena, Italy

Generation : Video8(M) > DVDR [Dual Layer - PAL]
Source : AMT #1 - Amateur Video
Length : 65:56

Transfer Information

Transferred By : Miki Johansen
Video Information : 8mb/s Constant Bitrate
Audio Information : Linear PCM
Transfer Equipment : Sony DCR-TRV240E > IEEE 1394 > Pinnacle MovieBox 510-USB > Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 > TMPGEnc XPress 3.0 > Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

DVD Screenshots

Setlist

• Winnebago
• I'll Stick Around
• Butterflies
• Wattershed
• Big Me
• This Is A Call
• Weenie Beenie
• For All The Cows
• My Hero
• Oh George
• Podunk
• Alone + Easy Target
• Exhausted
• X-Static
• Good Grief
• Down In the Park

Review

Very well shot from the floor to the right of the stage. The taper gets very good close ups of all members, and the video is very clear in quality. The audio is also of very good quality for an amateur video. This second master transfer is missing a few seconds at the start compared to older versions, and a new transfer is planned.

Inferior Transfers

Two inferior versions are circulating. Firstly an older vastly inferior VHS(1) transfer, and a standalone transfer of the master tape. That transfer is lower quality than the newest transfer, however it is slightly more complete at the start.

--
Old February 6th 2012, 07:17 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Well a setlist is a setlist, I can't lay claim to that but it's plainly obvious if someone just copies and pastes the complete details of a video from my website, example:
sorry i don't see this on my site. all Jamies and others comments were deleted about an hour ago.
Old February 6th 2012, 07:24 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
sorry i don't see this on my site. all Jamies and others comments were deleted about an hour ago.
I didn't say it was, I was giving you an example of what wouldn't be acceptable to copy onto your site and what would be easy to notice.

--
Old February 6th 2012, 07:32 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I didn't say it was, I was giving you an example of what wouldn't be acceptable to copy onto your site and what would be easy to notice.
oh i see.
i'm only interested in this information

Quote:
09/03/95 - Venue
Setlist

1. Winnebago
2. I'll Stick Around
17. Down In the Park
also i'm not interested in cancelled shows or shows that haven't recordings at all.