Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 16th 2005, 07:22 PM
Banned

Angry Have Foo lost their edge?

I really don't understand how this band has gotten from their first disc which was pretty much a classic to this boring piece of shit of an album. I've listened to it about 10 times now and I'm convinced it gets worse with every listen. There's not 1 song on either disc that rocks. They've completely lost their edge which is very sad for me because I've had complete exceptance of their work until now. I think something happens to bands once they become successful. It's like they completely forget how to rock. In your honor, and best of you are the only songs with any value. I really do wish I could get my money back.
Old June 16th 2005, 07:24 PM
How Do You Do

there's better songs than 'in your honour' and 'best of you' on the album...open your mind. remember, they're not gonna be like they were in 1996 anymore....i've come to realise that and accept it.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 16th 2005, 07:27 PM
Visiting is pretty...

i'm not impress at all either...

i don't know... maybe if i can get myself to listen to it more i'll like it more but so far...... I'm probably gonna see them if they come near me (saw em like 6 times), but i still don't know.

dave should have joined QOTSA on drums full time.
Old June 16th 2005, 07:32 PM
Banned

I have come to accept that they are not the same band anymore. And I don't mind that a band evolves into something more creative or experimental. However I would call this effort neither. And honestly I don't want to have to listen to a disc 100 times before I think it's decent.
Old June 16th 2005, 07:33 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but are we even listening to the same album? I think the band has matured on this record, but for the better, IMO the album's great!
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcrap
i'm not impress at all either...

i don't know... maybe if i can get myself to listen to it more i'll like it more but so far...... I'm probably gonna see them if they come near me (saw em like 6 times), but i still don't know.

dave should have joined QOTSA on drums full time.
They have sort of changed the "edge" they had back in 95/96 etc, takes getting used to, but IMO... its fcking great

I also think that Joey fits better with QOTSA, for some reason, even knowing Dave is godlike on the drums i didnt quite think he fitted in with josh/troy/allain etc, i dunno. But still, i didnt mind him drumming but i like joey alot
I'll Stick Around

i like the knew album, yes of course they are not gonna sound the same as they used to bands change, but u should give it a chance. I think the foo's are a very inspiring band,but this is just my opinion and i respect yours too.
You die to heal
The hope that starts
The broken hearts
You trust, you must
Confess

"Nirvana was my crash course in how to be a rock star.That can fuck you up for life" Dave
Old June 16th 2005, 07:34 PM
How Do You Do

In Your Honour is less creative and experimental than the Self-titled about? bollox. just accept it's different.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 16th 2005, 07:36 PM
Have you found your way around

Well, compared to One by One, this album is amazingly heavy.

well, I don't think they've lost their edge. Go see them live, playing the new material. I get chills, man.

I dont know, personally, I think this album is definitely one of their strongest to date.
Old June 16th 2005, 07:37 PM
Banned

If you think In your honor is a great album, then you're not listening to enough music my friend. Sorry Try AutoLux, Death Cab for Cutie, Dresden Dolls, or Interpol.
Old June 16th 2005, 07:38 PM

So has your face.
Old June 16th 2005, 07:39 PM

i don't think any of they're albums are like the self titled one. they're all different from eachother.
Paul Bunyan and James Dean
Old June 16th 2005, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvcthree
If you think In your honor is a great album, then you're not listening to enough music my friend. Sorry Try AutoLux, Death Cab for Cutie, Dresden Dolls, or Interpol.
we're not talking about those bands though, we're talking about the foo fighters. if you wanna praise those bands, then go to their site. there is nothing wrong with the foo fighters new album. it's not smart to bash people on a foo fighters board for liking the new album. you sound like a complete dumbass.
Paul Bunyan and James Dean
Old June 16th 2005, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvcthree
Death Cab?

Wait.. is that sarcasm? Because I really hope it is.

Foo Fighters > Death Cab

times 49358046349.

I shudder at your suggestion.

:shudder:
Old June 16th 2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

I'm not really trying to "bash" anyone's opinions. Nor will I stoop to calling someone a dumbass (i guess that's your game). But whatever man. If you like the new album, great for you. I'll maintain my opinion that it sucks. Thanks.
Old June 16th 2005, 07:50 PM

oh.

I guess it's not sarcasm.

In that case.. well.. i'd have to disagree with you. a lot.
Old June 16th 2005, 07:54 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Smile

If the Foo Fighters were still bringing out albums that were exactly like ST after 10 yrs then they would certainly be crap. They definately woud've split before now. The Foos have progressed and moved on and by the sound of it so have you. Get over it. IMO IYH is classic Foo. End of rant
Old June 16th 2005, 07:56 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfpandas
Well, compared to One by One, this album is amazingly heavy.
Uh, no. OBO had hard songs, IYH does not.

Listen to my Razor [rock version] Here!

"Some of my recent albums have been picked up by the Nineties generation, but then they don't know the early stuff......I know that because, in America especially, when I do 'The Man Who Sold The World' the amount of kids that come up afterwards and say, 'It's cool you're doing a Nirvana song.' And I think, 'Fuck you, you little tosser!'"
- David Bowie
Old June 16th 2005, 07:57 PM
Visiting is pretty...

ive read the posts and all i have to say is i got this new double album through the post yesterday and i cant stop playin it
ya gotta be deaf, dumb or completely moronic not to think its a great album!!

and another thing, alot of bands dont do double albums any more (the last one i can think of is "use your illusion" and "use your illusion 2" )

so think yourself lucky and pivalaged that you have such a historic album within your collection........

IN FOO WE TRUST!!
Old June 16th 2005, 08:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I think I just figured out why you're not into the Foos new album...those bands you listed there...I mean, you entitled to your own opinion but ick *lol*. If you're into that kind of music...well, lets just say you explained to me why I enjoy "In Your Honour" and you don't.

I'm not overly fond of the electric album...I agree with you on that; there aren't any really great rock-out tunes on it. But I do really like "DOA". And the acoustic album...wow...I LOVE it.

But, as has been said before me, everyone's entitled to their own opinion: they can't please everyone.