Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 22nd 2014, 05:43 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default "Beat the Bots" beat the bots!

Not sure the benefit of this process other than saving on ticket fees. I waited 2 hours in Memphis and received bad seats in the back of arena. There weren't that many folks in front of me so I know there are plenty of reserved seats still available. Should have waited until the 5th and bought from phone. Bad move.
Old November 22nd 2014, 05:51 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: "Beat the Bots" is a waste - don't bother

I got to Anaheim at 9. Waited in line for 30 min. Then they stopped. Now i am 10th in line to get leftover crap seats. Off to ebay i guess.
Old November 22nd 2014, 05:55 PM
fightingfoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testba50 View Post
Not sure the benefit of this process other than saving on ticket fees. I waited 2 hours in Memphis and received bad seats in the back of arena. There weren't that many folks in front of me so I know there are plenty of reserved seats still available. Should have waited until the 5th and bought from phone. Bad move.
I left my house at 7, was in line by 7:40at Citi Field NYC, there were about 300 people in front of me and about 3,000 behind me by the time tickets went on sale at 10. By 10:20 I had 4 GREAT seats at a great price. Very pleasant people (not ONE person smoked on line…I thought that was interesting) & even though it was COLD…it was worth it and VERY easy & well run.
Old November 22nd 2014, 06:03 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Left my house at 10.30, showed up to Citi Field at 11, tickets in hand by 12. The line was long, but there were about 15 ticket windows open, so things moved pretty fast. And the folks working were very helpful. The guy who helped me pulled up a few different sets of tickets for me to choose from. Scored field level, just what I wanted. And no service charge, either. Sorry your experience was different.
Old November 22nd 2014, 06:03 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I agree. It was freezing rain here in Michigan...so not worth it. The online pre sale would be better
Old November 22nd 2014, 06:09 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by FookinFighters View Post
I got to Anaheim at 9. Waited in line for 30 min. Then they stopped. Now i am 10th in line to get leftover crap seats. Off to ebay i guess.
what do you mean by 'they stopped'? Just ran out of the allotted beat the bots premium tickets or...?
Old November 22nd 2014, 06:14 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I arrived at the Honda Center in Anaheim at 8:45, they handed out blue wristbands until 9:30 then handed out white ones after that. Everyone had an equal opportunity since they had someone from the crowd select a number from a bag just prior to 10 a.m.. It could have been a white wristband number or blue, but a blue one was selected.
I was lucky enough to be in the first group selected and was able to purchase my tickets.
I'm glad they did an old school line up, mostly because I was able to avoid the outrageous service fees.
I also hope people will remember that there are two other opportunities, at least for the Anaheim show, to purchase tickets.
I was also super impressed with how well organized everything was in Anaheim.
Good luck to everyone else trying to get tickets!
Old November 22nd 2014, 06:14 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Just got home from the LA forum. Great experience they were super nice and SUPER fast. At first I thought it was going to be a mess but it wasn't. I am the happy owner of 2 GA floor tickets.
Old November 22nd 2014, 06:24 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo84 View Post
what do you mean by 'they stopped'? Just ran out of the allotted beat the bots premium tickets or...?
They stopped giving wristbands when there were people like me who got in line at 9. It is what it is but i may not bother since floor and lower reserved are gone.
Old November 22nd 2014, 06:33 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbeergirl View Post
I arrived at the Honda Center in Anaheim at 8:45, they handed out blue wristbands until 9:30 then handed out white ones after that. Everyone had an equal opportunity since they had someone from the crowd select a number from a bag just prior to 10 a.m.. It could have been a white wristband number or blue, but a blue one was selected.
I was lucky enough to be in the first group selected and was able to purchase my tickets.
I'm glad they did an old school line up, mostly because I was able to avoid the outrageous service fees.
I also hope people will remember that there are two other opportunities, at least for the Anaheim show, to purchase tickets.

Yep. Got lucky in Anaheim as well. We were maybe 160 numbers front front out of 1150 given away so I got 4 seated tickets on an aisle in the 3 section over from stage. Top 10% or so, but everyone with a band would be able to getr some kind of tickets. $20 off what online with fees will be. It was a fair process and seemed to be moving pretty quickly. We got to window maybe in 20 minutes, so at that rate, even wristbands at the end would get tickets between 2 and 2 1/2 hours from start.
Old November 22nd 2014, 06:34 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
They stopped giving wristbands when there were people like me who got in line at 9. It is what it is but i may not bother since floor and lower reserved are gone.

Had to stop given bands at 9:30 am so the drawing could happen and initial line up by number to sell at 10:00 am. Rules were posted online and with hand out in Anaheim.
Old November 22nd 2014, 06:36 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbeergirl View Post
I concur. No line jumping or complaining from what I saw.
Old November 22nd 2014, 06:45 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by white devil 67 View Post
I concur. No line jumping or complaining from what I saw.
I was super impressed with how well everything was organized.
It took me 90 minutes from the time I arrived until I was done purchasing my floor tickets. Also was happy that everyone was very friendly from the security people, to the fellow fans, and people handling the ticket transactions.
I've never had a problem in the past purchasing tickets to any of the Foo Fighters shows I've attended and hope everyone who wants to get tickets is able to do so!
: )
Old November 22nd 2014, 07:02 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Count me in on how smoothly Anaheim was handled. I missed getting a wristband but my friends who arrived earlier snagged a GA for me. Everyone was so nice.

We had the opposite problem as most, in that it was pretty warm and I needed shade.
Old November 22nd 2014, 07:10 PM
Visiting is pretty...

The St. Paul experience was excellent! No complaints here at all - I have my two floor tickets and the staff handled the (probably) thousands of people amazingly well.
Old November 22nd 2014, 07:26 PM
Visiting is pretty...

3 1/2 hours and still no tickets. Not worth it.
Old November 22nd 2014, 07:40 PM
Screams in silence

Worked great for me. I enjoyed the old school experience. It was like when we used to get tickets in college. Thanks so much Foo Fighters!
Old November 22nd 2014, 07:58 PM
God as my witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarciaMarcia View Post
The St. Paul experience was excellent! No complaints here at all - I have my two floor tickets and the staff handled the (probably) thousands of people amazingly well.
Agreed. I actually was surprised at how smooth it was. I can't say I quite understand how the seats were blocked off. I purchased mine two hours after sales began. Mine are not horrible by any sense... but I was surprised that best available for lower level reserved was rear right corner 12th row.

I get that they break down certain allocations for each ticket date. This time I think there are three. "Beat the bots", online presale, and general public. I do get that.... but I was still a little surprised based on being told that not THAT many people had been through for today.

I will say this.... the cost? For a concert like this and the most expensive ticket is $75. If people don't see how much money it takes putting on a production like this..... the people you have to pay... security, operations, stage hands, audio, various techs, police, medics, permits.... you really could go on and on.... It's not 'cheap' as a consumer ...that $75 but in comparison to some shows.... and for what you get.... Yeah that is a pretty huge bargain.
Old November 22nd 2014, 08:04 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarciaMarcia View Post
Couldn't agree more. They were so on top of the process and I got my GA Floor Tickets!
10-2-05: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul MN
8-25-06: Auditorium Theater, Chicago, IL (Acoustic)
2-27-08: Target Center, Minneapolis MN
9-14-11: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul MN
7-18-15: Fenway Park, Boston MA
7-19-15: Fenway Park, Boston MA
8-22-15: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul MN
11-11-17: Denny Sanford Center, Sioux Falls SD
Old November 22nd 2014, 08:05 PM
Sparkle Aficionado

Quote:
3 1/2 hours and still no tickets. Not worth it.
did you get there before 930?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnine13 View Post
Worked great for me. I enjoyed the old school experience. It was like when we used to get tickets in college. Thanks so much Foo Fighters!
me too - i loved meeting people in line

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
--James Madison, (1751-1836)

History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.
-Thurgood Marshall, (1908-1993)

Team NIN - Secretary