Default Re: "Beat the Bots" is a waste - don't bother

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAng96 View Post
Dare I say, it was a lot of fun?
how dare you
Old November 22nd 2014, 10:59 PM
I'll Stick Around

I hope they continue to "Beat the Bots" for every show / tour. THANK YOU FOO FIGHTERS (and team,) it was much less stressful than Ticketmaster and it was nice to have to only pay the face value of the ticket for once.

We went to Honda Center (Anaheim) about 8:30am and it was very well organized. Looked like chaos, but they handled it very well. Due to the lottery, our wristbands put us about 600 back in line - the seat selection wasn't so hot by our turn, but we'll try again at presale and onsale and opted for GA today.

Even those in the "late line" were able to get tickets, especially GA. Seemed as though everyone was interested in purchasing seats mostly.

And yes, even if you arrived by 9:30, they were firm and stopped handing out the wristbands so they could start the sale.

It took us about 3 hours (I think???) from line up to grabbing tickets. Tai and Gab arrived after me and were lucky enough to be one of the first 50 - 100 to get tickets, so it was completely random.

Last edited by Nicole : November 22nd 2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old November 22nd 2014, 11:05 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I actually didn't mind doing this, especially for a band I really like. I waited 4 hrs and still was able to get GA on the floor and 2 seats in the club level for friends. I think it probably was all about how each individual venue set it up. Kind of sucked waiting so long but in the end it was better than sitting at home comfortable in front of a computer and getting terrible seats.
Old November 22nd 2014, 11:24 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I knew what expect. Springsteen does a similar lottery at all his shows to see who gets to enter first among GA ticket holders. I couldn't find much info to post in the forum in regards to BEatTheBots, but have some advice if they do this again in the future.

Get all your partner-in-crimes out there and get in line at different times. You'll greatly increase your chance of getting close to the front after the lottery. After all, you only need four tix.

Don't be afraid to sit alone!! The winner was picked 15 people behind me and my gf. We were like 450th in line. I bought two mediocre tix and sent my gf over to ask politely if they had any good singles available. The worker politely asked my gf not to gloat to others and they proceeded to hook her up with a third row ticket. It made our day!! Sure we might have some seat switching going on during the show, but it goes to show you that these events are truly for the fans. You just gotta think outside the box a little bit.

This was in Mountain View where there is no pit. So it was much more of a nail biter. I know many are bummed about the venue choice.

Sucks for those not knowing what to expect. Was a great time in my humble opinion. Wishing more bands did stuff like this. Was happy for those who were the first few in line.
Old November 23rd 2014, 12:07 AM
I'll Stick Around

I got an excellent draw, and I could have gotten "closer" to the stage but I would have been to the extreme right, giving me a side view of Pat's head. Instead I asked what they had in the center second section of seats. Agent said he had front row in that section. Sold!!

What's my point? I was early in line and could have gotten seats that were not so great but "close". Instead, I was able to get seats that were perfect for me. Sure, I would have loved to be a little closer. I've been feet away from the band at Sound City and it was great, but close doesn't always mean great. I am still going to see a great show, see the band perform and enjoy the music with family and friends.

The band gave the fans a true opportunity to get decent seatsnand not be sitting home because they have a slow internet connection or bots are slamming the system.

Last edited by Spankey : November 23rd 2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old November 23rd 2014, 12:19 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
If people aren't happy with the seats they are offered, why are people buying them?! The Foos didn't have to organise this and you weren't promised the best seats in the house.Same thing goes for online pre sales.You ain't happy, you don't buy.No one is forcing you to hand your cash over.
Because they wouldn't tell us the seat location until we paid. You had to take a chance.
Old November 23rd 2014, 12:21 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
To do them like its normally done, you get on line at the assigned time and compete with 10s of thousands of others for the chance to maybe, possibly get into a virtual waiting room to then compete with scalpers who already bought the good seats. And the chances of you being left empty handed are very real.

That's why.
And I'm fine with that. I ALWAYS get great seats using my phone doing it the normal way to any show I want. I pay the ticketmaster fees, and I'm a heck of a lot closer to the stage.
Old November 23rd 2014, 12:27 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV1 View Post
Left my house at 10.30, showed up to Citi Field at 11, tickets in hand by 12. The line was long, but there were about 15 ticket windows open, so things moved pretty fast. And the folks working were very helpful. The guy who helped me pulled up a few different sets of tickets for me to choose from. Scored field level, just what I wanted. And no service charge, either. Sorry your experience was different.
How were the prices, I was gonna head down there but looked online the prices seemed sky high. were they cheaper at the window then the citifield website? Thanks
02/19/08 - M.S.G. NYC

see more @ my Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/sweatyghost
Old November 23rd 2014, 12:34 AM
Have you found your way around

Drove up to Anaheim. Got in line about 8:25. Got wristbands and my number was 828 after the randomly selected number. I got the GA tickets I wanted and was done about 12:30. I had a great time seeing friends and having the in-person ticket buying experience I haven't done in over 2 decades. I totally appreciate the experience and whatever it took to get this done.

Haters gonna hate.
Old November 23rd 2014, 12:38 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSanDiego View Post
Drove up to Anaheim. Got in line about 8:25. Got wristbands and my number was 828 after the randomly selected number. I got the GA tickets I wanted and was done about 12:30. I had a great time seeing friends and having the in-person ticket buying experience I haven't done in over 2 decades. I totally appreciate the experience and whatever it took to get this done.

Haters gonna hate.
<3

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 23rd 2014, 12:39 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggie195 View Post
How were the prices, I was gonna head down there but looked online the prices seemed sky high. were they cheaper at the window then the citifield website? Thanks
The tickets I got were $75 each, no service charge. There were other tickets for $58.50 and for $45, depending on where you wanted to sit.

I've been to Citi Field for a couple of Mets games, and we sat at Field level. Loved those seats so that's what I sprung for. They still had GA Floor tickets when I got mine.

There were no service charges at all at the box office. That's the way it's supposed to be, and that's why I'm so happy that the Foos & Co. decided to sell tickets this way.
Old November 23rd 2014, 12:53 AM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

So, many more people were happier with this way of doing things after all.
Old November 23rd 2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testba50 View Post
Because they wouldn't tell us the seat location until we paid. You had to take a chance.
I've never heard of that. I wouldn't put up with that. No way would I turn my money or credit card over without knowing what I'm buying. You should report that -- complaint to the venue, the promotor etc.

I have to say, I find it hard to believe.
Old November 23rd 2014, 01:32 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testba50 View Post
The guy I talked with in Nashville told me exactly what I was about to buy and asked if they were okay
Old November 23rd 2014, 01:36 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I've never heard of that. I wouldn't put up with that. No way would I turn my money or credit card over without knowing what I'm buying. You should report that -- complaint to the venue, the promotor etc.

I have to say, I find it hard to believe.
Same happened to a friend I was online with. She was told she had a choice of Pit, "level 1", "level 2" or lawn. The guy at my window was totally flexible and cool.

i found the picture of the handout. It says "there will be no seat shopping". Guess I got lucky.

Last edited by Spankey : November 23rd 2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old November 23rd 2014, 01:53 AM

I understand that they're not going to take the time to let you pick your exact seat, and say whether you want to be on an aisle or whatever. They have to keep things moving--similar to when the TM sale will happen. It sounds like before your friend paid, she knew that she was getting pit tickets, or she knew she could have a seat in level 1. And if those weren't available she could have left with no ticket. That's different from saying she had to hand over her credit card then find out that she paid for nosebleed tickets. I know some people have trouble standing up for themselves though.
Old November 23rd 2014, 02:14 AM
Sparkle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsabres View Post
how did it go at the Palace in Michigan?, i had to work, my mom went to get mine, but later like at noonish. got near the back tickets...
It was great. Very smooth. Well done.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
--James Madison, (1751-1836)

History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.
-Thurgood Marshall, (1908-1993)

Team NIN - Secretary
Old November 23rd 2014, 02:16 AM

Melly, I'm so glad you got tickets!
Old November 23rd 2014, 02:36 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Process went extremely well in Calgary, got there at 8, gave out numbered tickets at 9, had tickets by 10:30. People were happy, respectful and we got excellent seats. Kudos to all in YYC for a smooth process.
Old November 23rd 2014, 02:46 AM
Sparkle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Melly, I'm so glad you got tickets!
For me abd Lara!!!

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
--James Madison, (1751-1836)

History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.
-Thurgood Marshall, (1908-1993)

Team NIN - Secretary