Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 24th 2014, 11:26 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: "Beat the Bots" is a waste - don't bother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
Long drive...where did you come in from? Glad it all worked out well for you. I only had to make the 20 min drive from Long Beach.

Got lucky for the most part and was able get in and out of Honda in under 2 hours, I think. Made my way to Old Navy for the 50% off store sale.... I guarantee that I stood longer in line at Old Navy to check out than many had to stand in line for Foo tix.
Oxnard, 104 miles away! I passed on the Forum show, (I don't like Mondays ). Though, I may still buy tix for the Forum on the 1st. I'll drive the 2+ hours to see the Foos at the Honda Center. It's worth it to me.
Old November 24th 2014, 11:43 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDevyl View Post
First time posting here. That aside...

I awoke at 5am Saturday morning. Got myself ready and out the door by 6:34am. Arrived at the Honda Center sometime around 8:34am. Received my wristband at 9:00am, and awaited the announcement for what the starting number would be. I didn't feel lucky when the number was well after what was on my wristband. Which meant that there were at least 800+ people ahead of me.

However, when I made it up to the box office window, I asked for GA floor and was rewarded with them. I spent four hours of my time and scored exactly what I wanted and left the venue at 12:30pm very content.

Additionally, I checked my GA tix numbers. They are #117 & 118. Which meant, only 116 GA floor tickets were purchased before me. Which makes it understandable that the majority of tix bought before I got to the box office were for reserved seating.

Looking forward to next September! I am thankful and most grateful for this Beat the Bots presale! Went much more smoothly than I anticipated!
My friends who got there at 1 also scored GA. Nothing but good things to say about the presale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
Long drive...where did you come in from? Glad it all worked out well for you. I only had to make the 20 min drive from Long Beach.

Got lucky for the most part and was able get in and out of Honda in under 2 hours, I think. Made my way to Old Navy for the 50% off store sale.... I guarantee that I stood longer in line at Old Navy to check out than many had to stand in line for Foo tix.
Took me a freaking hour to get there from LA thanks to the damn construction on the 5.
Old November 25th 2014, 12:12 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

It looks like the results are in... 'The Beats The Bots Beat the Bots' should be the headline. There are way more reports from gruntled customers than disgruntled customers.
Anaheim had all of the makings of a third degree clusterf*ck, but it ended up being a Foo Lovefest. There were clearly more fans than sketchy scalper types. Even people in the 'Missed Out On The Wristband' line scored General Admission tickets. Pretty much, anyone who ventured out of their home to the parking lot of the Ducks went away with tickets in hand.
Will there be tickets on StubHub... YES. But, there will be a lot of Foo Fans who will take their tickets they got Saturday morning to the show and have a great time.
Thanx Foos and Foo Management for looking out for us.

Last edited by Cosmo : November 25th 2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old November 25th 2014, 12:37 AM
The Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
It looks like the results are in... 'The Beats The Bots Beat the Bots' should be the headline. There are way more reports from gruntled customers than disgruntled customers.
Anaheim had all of the makings of a third degree clusterf*ck, but it ended up being a Foo Lovefest. There were clearly more fans than sketchy scalper types. Even people in the 'Missed Out On The Wristband' line scored General Admission tickets. Pretty much, anyone who ventured out of their home to the parking lot of the Ducks went away with tickets in hand.
I changed it for you!

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old November 25th 2014, 02:41 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post
Real Fans™
#megafanorama
Old November 25th 2014, 03:54 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post

Will there be tickets on StubHub... YES. But, there will be a lot of Foo Fans who will take their tickets they got Saturday morning to the show and have a great time.
Exactly! I walked up at 1:30 in Atlanta, talked to a few nice people while I bought GA tickets with no surcharge. Since it's an all GA show, my tickets aren't any better than what I could get on TM on general sale but BtB saved me money and aggravation. And I appreciate that they took the time and effort to try to give us a break. It was a nice thing to do.

I feel good about the good things; I feel bad about the bad things. I wouldn't changes thing.