Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 5th 2017, 07:22 PM
Ria's Avatar
Ria Ria is offline
Oooh oh ooooh
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 186
Default A show in Greece?

Hi! Newbie here

Foo Fighters may be in a Landmarks Live in Concert episode filmed in Greece.
Landmarks Live posted that their team is in Athens prepping for an upcoming episode on July 10th. Foos name was mentioned in the press release by the Greek ministry of tourism saying that the meeting of the Landmarks team and the Tourism minister was about the preparation for the Foo Fighters' concert in July.
They've never been in Greece and i don't know if that would be a 'normal' FF rock show cause of the venue, if it's gonna be them. There's no confirmation or any other information.
Thoughts..?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old June 5th 2017, 07:31 PM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
How Do You Do
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 25,813
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria View Post
Hi! Newbie here

Foo Fighters may be in a Landmarks Live in Concert episode filmed in Greece.
Landmarks Live posted that their team is in Athens prepping for an upcoming episode on July 10th. Foos name was mentioned in the press release by the Greek ministry of tourism saying that the meeting of the Landmarks team and the Tourism minister was about the preparation for the Foo Fighters' concert in July.
They've never been in Greece and i don't know if that would be a 'normal' FF rock show cause of the venue, if it's gonna be them. There's no confirmation or any other information.
Thoughts..?
I'd want a ticket for that. amazing. good work Ria. Foo's to perform at Herrod Atticus Theater it seems. what a venue.
__________________
"Just because you have the ability to post, doesn't mean you always should." Jill (2015)
“I don’t know if it’s trolling but the use of “cuz” is annoying as fuck.” Jill (2019)


Admin @FooFightersUK

Last edited by O.B.gene : June 5th 2017 at 07:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 5th 2017, 07:57 PM
Ria's Avatar
Ria Ria is offline
Oooh oh ooooh
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 186
Default Re: What's next?

Yes, that's it! It would be amazing!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 5th 2017, 11:01 PM
Daxter's Avatar
Daxter Daxter is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 1,083
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
I'd want a ticket for that. amazing. good work Ria. Foo's to perform at Herrod Atticus Theater it seems. what a venue.
That place looks awesome I'd want a ticket too! It would be pretty special if it did happen.
__________________
Manchester Arena 05, Manchester Arena 07, Manchester Etihad Stadium 08, London Wembley Arena 11, Milton Keynes Bowl 11, Reading Festival 12, London Invictus Games 14, Manchester LCC 15, Milton Keynes Bowl 15, London 02 Arena 17, Manchester Etihad Stadium 18, London Olympic Stadium 18, New York Madison Square Garden 18, Glasgow Bellahuston Park 19, Dublin RDS Arena 19, Leeds Festival 19
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 6th 2017, 06:59 AM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
How Do You Do
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 25,813
Default Re: What's next?

photos of Gus with the production crew on a recce, being showing around the site in Greece and production meeting. https://www.facebook.com/landmarksli...78868615722604
__________________
"Just because you have the ability to post, doesn't mean you always should." Jill (2015)
“I don’t know if it’s trolling but the use of “cuz” is annoying as fuck.” Jill (2019)


Admin @FooFightersUK
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 6th 2017, 07:05 AM
Beto's Avatar
Beto Beto is offline
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 15,444
Default Re: What's next?

Couldn't spot Gus, but awesome.
Ria that was quite the entrance! Welcome!

Isn't Athens afraid that Foo's gonna gonna shatter some ruins? \m/

What a lame joke sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 6th 2017, 07:28 AM
Ria's Avatar
Ria Ria is offline
Oooh oh ooooh
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 186
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
photos of Gus with the production crew on a recce, being showing around the site in Greece and production meeting.
So.. is this happening?!! You're great!

What worries me though is that it's only a month and a few days away.. and still no announcement? after that post and tweets,nothing
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 6th 2017, 07:36 AM
Ria's Avatar
Ria Ria is offline
Oooh oh ooooh
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 186
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Couldn't spot Gus, but awesome.
Ria that was quite the entrance! Welcome!

Isn't Athens afraid that Foo's gonna gonna shatter some ruins? \m/

What a lame joke sorry.
Thank you! I've been lurking for a while ..and wanted to see what you think about that.

That's why it's interesting to see what they're going to do, if they perform there after all!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 6th 2017, 07:43 AM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
How Do You Do
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 25,813
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria View Post
So.. is this happening?!! You're great!
well, at present, nothing seems to be confirmed at all. the idea might've been scrapped due to logistics or whatever. we'll have to wait and see.

and thanks, i am indeed great
__________________
"Just because you have the ability to post, doesn't mean you always should." Jill (2015)
“I don’t know if it’s trolling but the use of “cuz” is annoying as fuck.” Jill (2019)


Admin @FooFightersUK
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 6th 2017, 08:10 AM
Ria's Avatar
Ria Ria is offline
Oooh oh ooooh
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 186
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
and thanks, i am indeed great


Yeah, it's possible, won't get my hopes up. As you said, we'll have to wait and see.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 6th 2017, 09:25 AM
pjonze's Avatar
pjonze pjonze is offline
FooArchive
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 6,098
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria View Post

What worries me though is that it's only a month and a few days away.. and still no announcement? after that post and tweets,nothing
Due to the venue I can't see the audience being huge. I think they could announce the day before and still have thousands of disappointed people.
__________________
webmaster - www.FooArchive.com

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 6th 2017, 10:56 AM
Ria's Avatar
Ria Ria is offline
Oooh oh ooooh
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 186
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
Due to the venue I can't see the audience being huge. I think they could announce the day before and still have thousands of disappointed people.
I'm glad you don't think this could mean that it's not FF performing.
I guess if they're making an episode about it, they must know when it's best to tell what's going to happen

Last edited by Ria : June 6th 2017 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old June 6th 2017, 11:11 AM
Bexster's Avatar
Bexster Bexster is offline
Raider of Lost Arks
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chillin out, maxing, relaxing all cool
Posts: 25,992
Default Re: What's next?

That would be a fantastic venue. I'd go.
__________________
Calippos are made from calipers and hippos

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old June 6th 2017, 07:43 PM
Felipe.'s Avatar
Felipe. Felipe. is offline
A star burned out
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 4,644
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
photos of Gus with the production crew on a recce, being showing around the site in Greece and production meeting. https://www.facebook.com/landmarksli...78868615722604
damn he lost a lot of weight
__________________
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old June 7th 2017, 07:12 AM
Beto's Avatar
Beto Beto is offline
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 15,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
Due to the venue I can't see the audience being huge. I think they could announce the day before and still have thousands of disappointed people.
I guess if this is happening, tickets will be free, some sort of ACL Live, where media people and friends will get tickets, plus a some other hundred tickets for sweepstakes.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old June 7th 2017, 09:03 AM
Ria's Avatar
Ria Ria is offline
Oooh oh ooooh
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 186
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
I guess if this is happening, tickets will be free, some sort of ACL Live, where media people and friends will get tickets, plus a some other hundred tickets for sweepstakes.
You think this is how it will go, if they announce it maybe a few days before?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old June 7th 2017, 09:30 AM
Beto's Avatar
Beto Beto is offline
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Posts: 15,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria View Post
You think this is how it will go, if they announce it maybe a few days before?
Yes. But I'm blindly speculating. I mean, a day before yesterday I didn't even know of this. I'm just a board fan being a board fan. :P
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old June 7th 2017, 09:44 AM
Ria's Avatar
Ria Ria is offline
Oooh oh ooooh
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 186
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Yes. But I'm blindly speculating. I mean, a day before yesterday I didn't even know of this. I'm just a board fan being a board fan. :P
It's appreciated. No one knows what they're up to!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old June 7th 2017, 10:15 AM
O.B.gene's Avatar
O.B.gene O.B.gene is offline
How Do You Do
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Southend, Essex
Posts: 25,813
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria View Post
No one knows what they're up to!
welcome to Foo Fighters.
__________________
"Just because you have the ability to post, doesn't mean you always should." Jill (2015)
“I don’t know if it’s trolling but the use of “cuz” is annoying as fuck.” Jill (2019)


Admin @FooFightersUK
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old June 7th 2017, 11:01 AM
Ria's Avatar
Ria Ria is offline
Oooh oh ooooh
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 186
Default Re: What's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
welcome to Foo Fighters.
One of the reasons we love them, right?!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.