Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 29th 2012, 04:51 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: Summerfest in Milwaukee!!!

Thought it was awesome, I preferred this show to the St. Paul show, and I was front row for that. Danced like a motherfucker, even though I was in the yellow section.

I liked the covers, Sorry. I think people got a bit tired of them, but there were definitely some people around me who didn't seem to know that Foo did Breakdown or In The Flesh? covers, and loved hearing them. Young Man Blues maybe not so much, but I hadn't seen that one live before and I thought it was just badass.
Old June 29th 2012, 05:52 PM
I'll Stick Around

My first time seeing them since 08 and totally had a blast even though I was way the hell in the back in the bleacher section! Everyone around me was awesome and really into the show which was great and even though the set list was nothing special, I wasnt expecting anything that great anyways. Was pumped to hear Hey! JP since I had never heard that live before.

One weird thing I thought was how Dave dedicated Breakout to all the "old crusty fans" even though they always play that and its a hit everyone knows but Hey! JP, he didn't acknowledge the song in anyway. That was about the only song that I was the only one jamming too since everyone knew all the other songs!
Old June 29th 2012, 05:56 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLeftToColour View Post
Thought it was awesome, I preferred this show to the St. Paul show, and I was front row for that. Danced like a motherfucker, even though I was in the yellow section.

I liked the covers, Sorry. I think people got a bit tired of them, but there were definitely some people around me who didn't seem to know that Foo did Breakdown or In The Flesh? covers, and loved hearing them. Young Man Blues maybe not so much, but I hadn't seen that one live before and I thought it was just badass.
Yeah I didn't mind the covers either. I really like the YMB cover and it was awesome to hear it live although now seeing that YMB replaced Bridge Burning, I'm kind of disappointed they played YMB instead. I was very surprised by the Breakdown cover. Its my favorite Tom Petty song and I had no idea they even covered that song.
Old June 29th 2012, 07:46 PM
Have you found your way around

You know what sucks? Bridge Burning was actually on the set list but they did YMB instead.

I know this because Nellis was handed a setlist after the show!!

Awesome show. I was so excited I realized about 4 songs in that my earplugs were around my neck - I'd forgotten to put them back in between Silverspun Pickups and Foos

Damn my ears are ringing today!!

Old June 29th 2012, 09:17 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLeftToColour View Post

FOLY HUCK, JAKE! Lucky you!
9/14/11-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #1 and BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. THREE PICKS (one from Dave, two from Shifty!) Shifty noticed me!
8/22/15-St. Paul, MN, Xcel Energy Center. Front row show #2! Shifty noticed me again!

I <3 Shifty!

NATE IS A WIZARD!

私はデイブグロールの愛

My pictures from the 9/14 show
Old June 29th 2012, 10:23 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Awesome show. I was in the bleachers but at least straight on.

I know some differing opinions, but I actually liked the covers and extended endings.

Dave is a funny SOB.
Old June 30th 2012, 01:54 AM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
I just don't understand playing 3 covers at one show when you have 100 of your own songs to play.
I felt the same way Simon... Although I did love the fact that Ric Nielsen loaned him the actual checkerboard Gibson Explorer to play them on, and Dave explained it. 99% of the people there did not even know exactly what that meant to Dave...

But agreed. Play Foo Fighter songs please!
Old June 30th 2012, 01:56 AM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
It was so hot and the pit had zero air movement, but overall a good show. Nate lost his bop by mid-show, Pat kept smiling, Shifty mopped a lot of sweat from his brow and Dave & Taylor were hyper as always.

The distance between the stage & pit was minimal so we were literally close enough to see every facial expression.

I got a good look at the Rick fuckin Nielsen black & white checkered guitar. It was beat, worn around all the edges. I loved Cheap Trick in my younger days so that was a treat for me.
<9
Old June 30th 2012, 03:10 PM
Boodski

Great concert! Does anyone have any good images/photos from the concert they can share? We had great seats in the bleachers (Section 14) but I could not get any real good images from that distance... Thanks!
Old June 30th 2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighter0234 View Post
FOLY HUCK, JAKE! Lucky you!
Yep, haha. Me and Jessica, the girl with me at the St. Paul show, both drove out there for the show. Stayed with her grandma in Hartford.
Old July 1st 2012, 01:32 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.
Old July 1st 2012, 01:39 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Uh Oh... I tried to post a link and I am not allowed to! bbs.foofighters.com does not allow new users to post links until a minimum post count is reached. This regulation is in place to prevent spam.
Old July 1st 2012, 01:41 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Well, I give up. I didn't post any links. I just told where to find 2 sets of pro shot photos and a perfectly filmed 28 minutes of the show right from the stage. Just trying to be nice, sorry.
Old July 1st 2012, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttfunggle34 View Post
Well, I give up. I didn't post any links. I just told where to find 2 sets of pro shot photos and a perfectly filmed 28 minutes of the show right from the stage. Just trying to be nice, sorry.
Huh. Maybe you could find a different way, or just tell how to get to it? Sounds interesting, but the anti-spam won't stop until you have enough posts.
Old July 1st 2012, 02:38 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Summerfest's Facebook page has about 10-15 photos

Also a web site called thedeadhub has a different set of pro shot pics

On You Tube there is a great 28 minute video with perfect sound, picture and filming. It does cut out parts of songs to fit more on, but the majority of the you tubes from the summerfest show are not very good. This is a thousand times better. Just do a search
Old July 1st 2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttfunggle34 View Post
Summerfest's Facebook page has about 10-15 photos

Also a web site called thedeadhub has a different set of pro shot pics

On You Tube there is a great 28 minute video with perfect sound, picture and filming. It does cut out parts of songs to fit more on, but the majority of the you tubes from the summerfest show are not very good. This is a thousand times better. Just do a search
Oh, I'd seen the dead hub pics, they're solid shots.

and I believe this is the youtube video

/watch?v=WkVcJ8r9vcM
Old July 1st 2012, 02:43 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Also on JSonline which is the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has a review of the show titled...Foo Fighters rock marcus amphtheater like a force of nature. Google and you should find it.
Old July 1st 2012, 03:38 AM

saw that earlier too. good stuff. I just wanted to say that I thought Dave's voice was very impressive at this show.
Old July 1st 2012, 06:17 PM
Visiting is pretty...

When they used to do covers of The Obsessed and Angry Samoans it was interesting because it exposed their audiences to some groups they may not have been familiar with.The covers they are doing now are boring and uninspired and it's only a matter of time until they are busting out "Livin on a Prayer" and "Jump".

Hopefully, they'll revert back to the grungy/punkish influenced Foo Fighters and move away from the BonJovi/U2 stadium rock version and start playing some of those 100+ songs they have in their discography instead of recycling the same 20 songs show after show.Their set list looks like that of a Foo Fighters tribute band instead of the real deal.
Old July 1st 2012, 07:03 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDL View Post
Hopefully, they'll revert back to the grungy/punkish influenced Foo Fighters and move away from the BonJovi/U2 stadium rock version and start playing some of those 100+ songs they have in their discography instead of recycling the same 20 songs show after show.Their set list looks like that of a Foo Fighters tribute band instead of the real deal.
You make a fair point, but here's how I see it - Summerfest was my first Foo show. It wouldn't feel right to me if at my first ever Foo show they didn't play the "Learn to Fly"s and "Times Like These"s of their discography. Don't get me wrong, I'm as much of a hardcore Foo fan as most of the people on these boards, but a lot of people at their shows probably aren't as die-hard. They came to see them play their hits. The guys know that, so that's what a majority of their setlist is (not that I wouldn't love to see some more lesser-known songs, I'm just justifying their song choices).