Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 1st 2018, 09:48 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Foo Fighters In Naples?

Hello everyone.

I know this is my first post ever on a fan forum of Foo Fighters so i'm also going to introduce myself a little.
I'm Andrea, i'm 25 y/o and i'm from Naples, Italy.

I'm a huge fan of foo fighters and my favorite album is still wasting lights.

Let's get to the reason that brought me here : Foo fighters never made a live in the south part of Italy, where i actually live and also a big part of the italian fan base ( i estimated around 1 million fans atleast ) never had the pleasure to hear them playing " near " their home.
So, googling around i found out that in the past they accepted gigs funded trough crowdfunding systems.

Do you think is that still possible?

I think i've got what's necessary to make an event big enough in Naples but i first wanted to have a discussion about this cuz i didn't even know that there was a foo fighter's forum still active and you guys could sure help me out just by discussing.

Thanks in advance for the help, i must say that an hard part could be also to get in touch with the management ( that didn't answer me in the past but probably it was the wrong time to ask anything ) , discuss/knowing the cachet and their availability.
Old April 2nd 2018, 06:01 PM
the user formerly known as mexicanFOO

Default Re: Foo Fighters In Naples?

I don't think they've done crowdfunded events.

I'm a pessimist so I'd say your chances are slim, but hey, your country got them to visit with the Rockin 1000, so you never know. You would need to start organizing fans, finding a smart way to get Dave's attention, and just hope for the best.

PS - Welcome to the board!
Old April 2nd 2018, 06:14 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
I don't think they've done crowdfunded events.

I'm a pessimist so I'd say your chances are slim, but hey, your country got them to visit with the Rockin 1000, so you never know. You would need to start organizing fans, finding a smart way to get Dave's attention, and just hope for the best.

PS - Welcome to the board!
The Richmond show in 2014 was the result of a crowdfund campaign.

Richmond crowdfunded show

But Im not sure it would work again - there was a campaign in the UK a few years ago which went nowhere.

But you never know - if you organize something fantastic then there is always a chance!

* I see Morgan and Alex in the photo in the article!

Last edited by Poppy4580 : April 2nd 2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old April 2nd 2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
The Richmond show in 2014 was the result of a crowdfund campaign.

Richmond crowdfunded show

But Im not sure it would work again - there was a campaign in the UK a few years ago which went nowhere.

But you never know - if you organize something fantastic then there is always a chance!

* I see Morgan and Alex in the photo in the article!
Oh that's right! Totally forgot about that.
Old April 2nd 2018, 06:54 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

If you manage to round up another 999 people (who can play guitar or drums) and video a cover of a Foo song that goes viral on YouTube, then you might be in with a chance
Old April 2nd 2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
If you manage to round up another 999 people (who can play guitar or drums) and video a cover of a Foo song that goes viral on YouTube, then you might be in with a chance
Nah, I'm thinking Dave goes for original content.

1000 rockers gig - done and on to the next one
crowdfunded gig - done and on to the next one
Andry254's massive original idea - soon!

Old April 2nd 2018, 09:42 PM
Visiting is pretty...

So you actually think it would be better to get a creative idea to attract attention rather than have like the pledges of 40k people who wants to see them performing live in Naples?

I would say that i need both but still need to know which one should be the one to start from !
Old April 3rd 2018, 05:21 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Andréa
O impossível é só questão de opinião .. Se vocês se organizarem e clamarem por este show,com certeza ganharão a atenção dos Dois.. Façam algo inédito...com certeza ganharão a atenção deles.
Boa sorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andry254 View Post
Hello everyone.

I know this is my first post ever on a fan forum of Foo Fighters so i'm also going to introduce myself a little.
I'm Andrea, i'm 25 y/o and i'm from Naples, Italy.

I'm a huge fan of foo fighters and my favorite album is still wasting lights.

Let's get to the reason that brought me here : Foo fighters never made a live in the south part of Italy, where i actually live and also a big part of the italian fan base ( i estimated around 1 million fans atleast ) never had the pleasure to hear them playing " near " their home.
So, googling around i found out that in the past they accepted gigs funded trough crowdfunding systems.

Do you think is that still possible?

I think i've got what's necessary to make an event big enough in Naples but i first wanted to have a discussion about this cuz i didn't even know that there was a foo fighter's forum still active and you guys could sure help me out just by discussing.

Thanks in advance for the help, i must say that an hard part could be also to get in touch with the management ( that didn't answer me in the past but probably it was the wrong time to ask anything ) , discuss/knowing the cachet and their availability.