Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old July 13th 2011, 08:48 PM
The Boss

Default No special requests - marriage, death, illness, etc.

I want to address the TONS of e-mails, posts and PM's that we are receiving this tour from people that have to meet the band because of the following:
  • Wedding
  • Engagement
  • Birthday
  • Sick relative, friend or really great person
  • Dying relative, friend or really great person
  • My kid LOVES them and wants to meet them
  • I am part of ABC organization and could they come and do this one thing?
  • I don't want to meet anyone...I just want you to have them give us a shout out at the show because of a wedding, engagement, birthday, sick or dying person.
  • Can I get a signed picture because of a wedding, engagement, birthday, amazing, sick or dying person.
  • Can Dave call my .....?

We totally feel for your situation and if we had the power we would totally hook the whole world up. I don't want to seem glib about people with life threatening or terminal illnesses either. It sucks, I'm sorry and it makes me so sad.

However, this is the reality...the band is very busy and they are scheduled usually up to the minute with radio station gigs and other things related to the tour. The amount of requests for any number of these type of requests have tripled with the popularity of the band. If they made time for all the requests, we would never see them actually play music.

So, no the band can't do this one thing for you. Thank you for understanding!

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old July 14th 2011, 03:33 AM
The Boss

Default Re: My dog is dying and getting married next week when the Foo Fighters are in town!!

Quick footnote: There are members of the crew and what not that are somewhat available online in some form or another. Trying to ask them, especially when you don't really know them pretty well? Probably not a good idea.

Long story short: You do NOT want to piss Gus off. He will rip your arms off and beat you to death with 'em (though he's really a sweet guy)
Old March 22nd 2012, 07:34 PM
The Boss

Default Re: My dog is dying and getting married next week when the Foo Fighters are in town!!

Stop asking. Future requests won't get a response.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Closed Thread