Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 9th 2012, 06:14 AM
Never knowing who to believe

Default Re: Pretty sure this a complete Million $ Demo minus vox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studmore View Post
See edited point about agreements. Someone like Percy obviously got these under instruction not to share them, why should he break that agreement just because the fans want it?
I don't know, someone asked me to borrow five bucks in 2001 . . . should I still expect them to pay me back if I bring it up now?

There comes a point where I begin to question the reasons not to share of some people who have these recordings. Apparently they have already spread more than even Tym was aware, so I think someone out there didn't take a solemn vow and should/will leak the rest.

Old May 9th 2012, 06:25 AM
Have you found your way around

I“d like them to be released. Or leaked. Or whatever, I“d just like to hear them.

Just as I like hearing the alt. version of Coltrane“s Giant Steps album. Or Jimi Hendrix“s "Blues" - album to mention a few. On Giant Steps there are some questionable takes and Blues is gathered from many recordings, but they are interesting as they show how the music evolved and even if they were not intended to be released, they“re still great music.

I“m sure the M$Ds are great, probably quite different than the released album, but bad? No way.

I respect the point of having promised someone not to leak them and keeping your word about it, but do I still wish they would leak? Hell yes.

Oh by the way Studmore, which two extra tracks you got?

Last edited by Foo3001 : May 9th 2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old May 9th 2012, 06:36 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Stacked Actor View Post
I don't know, someone asked me to borrow five bucks in 2001 . . . should I still expect them to pay me back if I bring it up now?

There comes a point where I begin to question the reasons not to share of some people who have these recordings. Apparently they have already spread more than even Tym was aware, so I think someone out there didn't take a solemn vow and should/will leak the rest.
We all want it, but we're not going to get it. Not from the band and not from other people on the board. I know how you're feeling, because all of us who don't have them feel the same way. You think "How dare they have them and not us? What makes them so special?" Nothing does, some people got lucky, and that's that. If the people who have the songs we don't, and have never ever shared them to anyone like they promised, then we don't deserve to have them. If they have shared them, then what the fuck that's kinda messed up.

REGARDLESS, we never should have gotten the first two anyway. If it was up to me, everyone would be able to hear it, but it's not up to me. It's up to the band and the people that randomly got them like the "big fans" on the board, or other people entitled to have them. So drop it, get over it, and enjoy the two we were lucky to get.

I would love to hear the album just once but this band has given us 7 amazing studio albums, a shit ton of bsides, and some demos, and people are complaining about not hearing a shitty version of arguably their worst album? That's like saying you want a copy of the Articles of Confederation on hand just to have.

Last edited by Ben Bracey : May 9th 2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old May 9th 2012, 07:01 AM
The Sidekick

Quote:

That's hardly the same is it, nobody is going to care about $5. They haven't spread very far at all, as far as I know there are 3 fans that had the whole thing. Percy, the person who sent the two tracks out and another person not on this board. Percy is under orders not to leak full songs, the other guy is gone and the third person has leaked nothing.

It's clearly no coincidence the two leaked tracks are the two sent around but since none of the others have been shared widely, they won't leak.

Just so it's clear, I am no hoarder. If I am able to share something I will, just look at my website and the hundreds of recordings I have given out over the years. I love this band and in an ideal world everything would be available to everyone. However it's not like that and some people don't want things shared, so I respect their wishes. The 11/16/00 show is a good example, of course I think everyone should hear it and I'd upload it tomorrow if I could, but the person who recorded it doesn't want it shared and I respect that, even if I don't agree with their reasoning. Sharing it against their wishes would just make me an ass.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.

Last edited by Simon : May 9th 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old May 9th 2012, 07:25 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Also, stud, it's not your fault someone gave these to you, you didnt ask for the responsibility to hold on to them. So it's not fair for people to be mad that you have it and they don't. It is your fault if you leak them and I give you credit for not.
Old May 9th 2012, 07:37 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezz View Post
If a friend of yours shared something with you and told you expressly not to share that (thing with anyone) you'd probably respect their wishes.
thumbs up. That's exactly the position I am in.
I have had it for 10 years, promised never to leak it, I recently found this forum, asked of that was still the case and it is so what can I do?
I probably shouldn't have even made a clip but I did because I wanted to give go guys something.
As you can imagine I have had tons of pm's and have tried to reply to all but I see some of the same people asking for them from me promising not to share, post on here complaining that we won't share and how we should, how they would etc!
Old May 9th 2012, 07:53 AM
my tits are also out for Simon

Quote:
That's hardly the same is it, nobody is going to care about $5. They haven't spread very far at all, as far as I know there are 3 fans that had the whole thing. Percy, the person who sent the two tracks out and another person not on this board. Percy is under orders not to leak full songs, the other guy is gone and the third person has leaked nothing.

It's clearly no coincidence the two leaked tracks are the two sent around but since none of the others have been shared widely, they won't leak.

Just so it's clear, I am no hoarder. If I am able to share something I will, just look at my website and the hundreds of recordings I have given out over the years. I love this band and in an ideal world everything would be available to everyone. However it's not like that and some people don't want things shared, so I respect their wishes. The 11/16/00 show is a good example, of course I think everyone should hear it and I'd upload it tomorrow if I could, but the person who recorded it doesn't want it shared and I respect that, even if I don't agree with their reasoning. Sharing it against their wishes would just make me an ass.
I want to hear this just as bad as anyone else but I can completely understand why the people who have it wouldn't share it if they were told not to. Not only is it going back on your word but say it ended up being revealed that you were the leak after being told not to do so. Do you think there is any way in the world that person or anyone else is going to give you any goodies in the future? No way and you've just burned what could be a very valuable source.

So yeah I may not like that I don't get to hear these things but if I was in the same position I would do the exact same thing.
Old May 9th 2012, 08:01 AM

There“s people with rare stuff, always was, always will be.

And I respect and understand 100% if people are keeping their promise. Especially in this case when doing so they probably can in some weird way consider themselves in the same "inner circle" with the band they obsess over.

Protecting sources.. Feeling entitled.. Having something no one else has.. I can dig it, I probably would do exactly the same. I“m just glad we got to hear two full songs!

Last edited by Foo3001 : May 9th 2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old May 9th 2012, 08:42 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I was just about to say that mate, after 10 years this week you guys have two full songs leaked, a pretty long clip but everyone just wants more, i bet if you were told last month you would get 2 and half new mdd tracks you would have been jumping for joy! and add this to walking a line and the others that were officially released already plus the clips from years ago you've heard most of the album anyway!
I am sorry I can't share more though, if that ever changes I will come on here and let you guys know first

Last edited by Percy : May 9th 2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old May 9th 2012, 10:25 AM

I finally got to hear the full demo version of Foo Fighters all time best song so im happy Come Back if anyone is asking. Youtube quality but still awesome!!! I actually cried a little but dont say that to anyone

Im pretty sure at some point down the road the full MDD will be leaked. Until then everybody has to wait. There is fun in waiting too you know! From the rest of the snippets i have heard I actually understand that its not leaked yet. Except Come Back which is a totally different song the rest sound IMO just shite... Sorry but thats my opinion
Stockholm Stadion, Stockholm 062211

Ullevi, Gothenburg 061215

Old May 9th 2012, 10:53 AM

Well, I threw in my two cents. We've already heard the final album, I don't see what difference it makes this far down the road . . . and no one is going to convince me that leaking the tracks this long after the album came out is some kind of horrible thing, because it ISN'T.

Old May 9th 2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy View Post
I was just about to say that mate, after 10 years this week you guys have two full songs leaked, a pretty long clip but everyone just wants more, i bet if you were told last month you would get 2 and half new mdd tracks you would have been jumping for joy! and add this to walking a line and the others that were officially released already plus the clips from years ago you've heard most of the album anyway!
I am sorry I can't share more though, if that ever changes I will come on here and let you guys know first
Easy for you to say. You can listen to the whole thing whenever you want.

Old May 9th 2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Easy for you to say. You can listen to the whole thing whenever you want.
I smell a new opening line for the chorus of “These Days“.
Old May 9th 2012, 05:38 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Well, I threw in my two cents. We've already heard the final album, I don't see what difference it makes this far down the road . . . and no one is going to convince me that leaking the tracks this long after the album came out is some kind of horrible thing, because it ISN'T.
Leaking the tracks themselves isn't horrible, leaking them after the person who gave you them told you not to is.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old May 9th 2012, 05:46 PM
FooArchive

Quote:
Leaking the tracks themselves isn't horrible, leaking them after the person who gave you them told you not to is.
So, your keeping a promise not to share made to somebody who broke a promise not to share - I can see why some people are having a hard time with that.

You shouldn't have said a word.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old May 9th 2012, 05:57 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
So, your keeping a promise not to share made to somebody who broke a promise not to share - I can see why some people are having a hard time with that.

You shouldn't have said a word.
Well just because he decided to break his promise, doesn't mean I have to do the same. You're right, I shouldn't have said anything and didn't for a year, but I thought it was time to make it clear where those two tracks came from.

--
Old May 9th 2012, 05:59 PM
I'll Stick Around

calm down everyone. We all want to hear them but it's unlikely so deal with it. Maybe this all buzz about the 2 leaking will make the band release it in a special digital form on their website (free or paying, i don't care)

i understand percy have been told not to share them and i respect that. The person who gave them to him may have not break any promise and anyway, arguing won't change a single thing

i'm really glad we got two of them which is way better than nothing
the only thing i'm a bit let down is lonely as you being incomplete
Old May 9th 2012, 06:17 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:

But why is has to be so "secret" ?
I mean, we're talking about demos from an album released 10 years ago, worst, a super nerdy live show that no-one except die hard fan care about,

I don't get that reasoning.. there's no money in the game, this is just human miserly.
Old May 9th 2012, 07:16 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBliss View Post
I mean, we're talking about demos from an album released 10 years ago, worst, a super nerdy live show that no-one except die hard fan care about,

I don't get that reasoning.. there's no money in the game, this is just human miserly.
Some people just like the exclusivity and if they made the recording themselves who are we to say what they should do with their recording? The MDDs are obviously different because the people who have them didn't record them but still if they give you them on the agreement you don't share them, again why go against that?

--
Old May 9th 2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBliss View Post

That's what I think . . . this was never supposed to leak in the first place, so how can people claim they are trying to honor wishes not to spread it around when the only reason they HAVE these recordings is because someone did exactly that? The point is the MDDs have been spread around against the wishes of the label/band, and have continued to do so over the last ten years.