Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 6th 2014, 02:33 PM
everything fades in time it's true...

Default Re: Biggest ever Washington D.C. show - July 4th 2015 at RFK Stadium

Kinda surprised by the lineup but I guess most DC bands wouldn't really jive with an RFK stadium show anyways. LL Cool J totally caught me off guard. But I am sure the show will be badass nonetheless.
Old November 6th 2014, 03:03 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I can't find confirmation of the "field vs. bowl" GA arrangement. Though it's certainly possible as that's how they handled the HFStivals back in the day. Just wondering if anyone can point me to that info. If it's truly all just GA, I may just let all my friends get their own tickets for this one....

THX!
Old November 6th 2014, 03:06 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Also, any idea if there will be ticket limits? Seems like even with 55K plus tickets likely available, no limits means scalpers can go crazy. I'm not worried, just wondering.
Old November 6th 2014, 03:10 PM
I'll Stick Around

GA:
Foo Fighters facebook says all General Admission.

Ticket Limits from TM:
There is a 4 ticket limit for the General Admission Floor and a 6 ticket limit for the General Admission Bowl.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

And this could be what the seating chart might look like (general end stage setup at RFK from stubhub):
http://www.stubhub.com/data/venue_ma...EndStageGA.png
07/14/97 Tulsa, OK
09/24/97 Dallas, TX
06/06/00 Dallas, TX
10/22/00 Las Vegas, NV
10/29/00 SF, CA
04/22/03 Dallas, TX
09/15/05 Dallas, TX
01/23/08 Dallas, TX
07/04/15 Washington, DC
11/15/17 Tulsa, OK

Last edited by logan5ive : November 6th 2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: adding text
Old November 6th 2014, 03:18 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

^^^^^ Do not attempt to do anything creative as far as billing, last names etc. go. Just don't risk it. If the Ticketmaster computer matches anything and that makes your ticket count go above the 4 limit--they will cancel your tickets with no questions
Old November 6th 2014, 03:19 PM
How Do You Do

****************PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS ********************
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5ive View Post
There is a 4 ticket limit for the General Admission Floor and a 6 ticket limit for the General Admission Bowl.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.
****************PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS ********************
Old November 6th 2014, 03:23 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFightTheFuture View Post
Ga floor or ga bowl
Not all ga
$75 for all tickets plus fees
Bummer, but can't say I'm surprised. Pressure back on!
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
5/18/11 Little Rock AR
5/20/11 Memphis TN
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
11/7/11 Duluth GA
9/21/12 Atlanta GA
10/26/14 LIB Las Vegas NV
5/27/15 Manchester UK
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
10/12/17 Anthem Washington DC
12/31/17 NYE Las Vegas NV
4/25/18 Tampa FL
4/26/18 West Palm Beach FL
4/28/18 Atlanta GA
9/1/18 Seattle WA
5/15/19 New Orleans LA
5/16/19 New Orleans LA
Old November 6th 2014, 03:46 PM
Visiting is pretty...

^ Thanks -- saw that after I posted my questions. Yup, field will be a tougher ticket, but hopefully do-able.
Old November 6th 2014, 03:51 PM
I'll Stick Around

Love that Joan Jett and Heart are on the bill.This will be a festive day.
Old November 6th 2014, 05:02 PM
Screams in silence

I love that this is a GA show. Takes me back to Days on the Green in Oakland.
Old November 6th 2014, 05:03 PM
WWLD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnine13 View Post
I love that this is a GA show. Takes me back to Days on the Green in Oakland.
Oh man, Day on the Green in Oakland...those were some damn good times!! Some of my best memories and greatest sunburns!!!
Old November 6th 2014, 05:06 PM
Visiting is pretty...

No presale on this one?

Tickets go on sale Saturday, November 8th at 10:00am ET. A press release notes, “There will be no reserved seating. Field tickets and seated tickets are general admission only. There will be no pre-sale.”

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/1...owout-concert/
Old November 6th 2014, 06:17 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiaaaan View Post
Could any of you DC locals be so kind as to recommend some hotels, or areas with a good selection of hotels with easy access to the metro?

Tried some searching on my own from info in an earlier post here, but I'm not up for it right now I think, I did terrible. Just got off work...

Will come over for this if it'll be something really good! But got really stressed out about hotels, so would like to get a reservation in before tickets to the gig goes on sale.
Here's my advice, especially if you've never been to the area and can bookend it with some time. Skip staying in DC entirely. Rates are through the roof on July 4th as they are most of the summer. Stay in nearby Arlington (Crystal City) where the Metro subway is close and most/all hotels have shuttles. Also consider Alexandria (Old Town) which is just past Arlington and near the Metro subway (with a free bus going up and down the main drag where the hotels are to the Metro subway). Rates will be high there too, but probably less than DC.

For example. Hotel Monaco, a Kimpton branded hotel, exists in DC and Alexandria. The current rate is $50 less per night in Alexandria than DC. Also, consider that for Alexandria the hotel tax is 6% of the room charges LESS than the DC hotel tax. Kimpton is a boutique hotel brand from SF that rolled into the area here several years ago. Most of their chain is older building refurbs, though some are new. They are all over DC and VA now as well as the East coast. It pays to join their free affinity program and they take pets at no extra cost. No I don't work for them, just a happy customer If you stay at one join the program first and then rescan for best rates, it can have an effect. They have multiple properties around town that all have a different vibe.

There's plenty to look at and eat and drink in Old Town. The concert would likely run into the night but on the outbound journey to DC from Old Town you could do something like take the water taxi which is something different to see and do. Good view of the monuments from a totally different perspective.

http://www.potomacriverboatco.com/ne...arbor-taxi.php

PM me if you want, I'll probably be on more than usual through at least the ticket sale.
Old November 6th 2014, 06:32 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phungus View Post
Here's my advice, especially if you've never been to the area and can bookend it with some time. Skip staying in DC entirely. Rates are through the roof on July 4th as they are most of the summer. Stay in nearby Arlington (Crystal City) where the Metro subway is close and most/all hotels have shuttles. Also consider Alexandria (Old Town) which is just past Arlington and near the Metro subway (with a free bus going up and down the main drag where the hotels are to the Metro subway). Rates will be high there too, but probably less than DC.

For example. Hotel Monaco, a Kimpton branded hotel, exists in DC and Alexandria. The current rate is $50 less per night in Alexandria than DC. Also, consider that for Alexandria the hotel tax is 6% of the room charges LESS than the DC hotel tax. Kimpton is a boutique hotel brand from SF that rolled into the area here several years ago. Most of their chain is older building refurbs, though some are new. They are all over DC and VA now as well as the East coast. It pays to join their free affinity program and they take pets at no extra cost. No I don't work for them, just a happy customer If you stay at one join the program first and then rescan for best rates, it can have an effect. They have multiple properties around town that all have a different vibe.

There's plenty to look at and eat and drink in Old Town. The concert would likely run into the night but on the outbound journey to DC from Old Town you could do something like take the water taxi which is something different to see and do. Good view of the monuments from a totally different perspective.

http://www.potomacriverboatco.com/ne...arbor-taxi.php

PM me if you want, I'll probably be on more than usual through at least the ticket sale.
The respective tourism sites which may help for VA and DC.

http://www.crystalcity.org/

http://www.visitalexandriava.com/

http://washington.org/

Last edited by phungus : November 6th 2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old November 6th 2014, 07:15 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phungus View Post
The respective tourism sites which may help for VA and DC.

http://www.crystalcity.org/

http://www.visitalexandriava.com/

http://washington.org/
I forgot to mention there are three area airports.

BWI (BWI, Maryland)
Dulles International (IAD, Virginia, typical big city long drive out to the airport out in the suburbs)
Reagan National (DCA, in Arlington right next to DC itself and Crystal City)

If all fares are equal, you will save a substantial amount flying into DCA and even more if you stay in VA and not take cabs into DC and such. Using the Metro subway from DCA with luggage into DC is doable if it's not a lot.
Old November 6th 2014, 07:20 PM
tired of wearing black and blue

Thanks for all the help with accommodations and general info about the city, I really appreciate it. I'm sure other out-of-towners do as well.

Me and my girlfriend have a hotel reservation with Dupont Circle Hotel, got a GREAT deal. But I'm not so sure about going all the way from Norway anymore, was kinda hoping the announcement would have a "First album front to back live" part to it. Haha. But that'll probably not happen anywhere anyways. Bummer.

It's still a great event though, but if they're doing the 95' tour, or some of it over again, I'd rather come over for that. There'll probably be a big event like this somewhere in the UK during the tour as well.
Old November 6th 2014, 09:46 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagster View Post
Also, any idea if there will be ticket limits? Seems like even with 55K plus tickets likely available, no limits means scalpers can go crazy. I'm not worried, just wondering.
Limit is posted on the ticket selling page. 4 ticket limit for field and 6 ticket limit in the bowl. Back when they had HFStivals and Tibetan Freedom Concert pretty much they didn't care since the entire show is GA. It's impossible to control both GA field and GA Bowl seats.
Old November 7th 2014, 03:03 AM
Looking for a dime and found a quarter

The stage will look just like Wrigley.

Check that out here http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/ticketing/ff.jsp

It has Dave's walkway and potentially the second stage like on the previous tours
Old November 7th 2014, 05:12 AM
Have you found your way around

At some point the day before or the day after the show we should all make a trek to Weenie Beenie for a half smoke! MJ took Doug and I there in September, and it was truly one of the highlights of our day!

Lara - maybe they will get Tony Joe White on the bill - that would really make you and Daz's day!

Old November 7th 2014, 05:33 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Brad Nut View Post
Limit is posted on the ticket selling page. 4 ticket limit for field and 6 ticket limit in the bowl. Back when they had HFStivals and Tibetan Freedom Concert pretty much they didn't care since the entire show is GA. It's impossible to control both GA field and GA Bowl seats.
Did you enjoy Tibet by chance? That was one messed up day with the lightning strike. And the mass exodus of people. I ended up walking all the way to Union Station, long walk. And had to take a sink shower because I was then headed to a Caps playoff game that same night in DC. They lost. 0 for 2 that day hahaha.

I attended quite a few HFStivals (as well as other concerts back in the day). I really don't see how they can enforce a DMZ between field and bowl after a certain point. It will just be too many people. It's not a baseball game with orderly folks milling around. It sounds more like the faux restrictions on the 9:30 Club secret show this year I went to. Fake ticket security in name only. The hype was never really checked on the backend day of. Though it sounds like the Black Cat was serious about it the other week (missed it). RFK is a bit larger than the BC. I'd say get field and assume you can cross pollinate at some point to a seat if you want to. Be nice to the staff. And slip them a few bucks, it is DC after all, that is kind of the grifting MO

Last edited by phungus : November 7th 2014 at 05:59 AM.