Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old November 11th 2014, 08:52 PM
Fooper!

Default Re: Pre-order delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
So Disappointed...
I ordered the mega bundle within an hour of it going on sale weeks ago...
No way that they didn't know until the last minute that it wasn't going to ship until AFTER it was supposed to be here...
And what's up with no apology from the band?
How about:
"Hey, we gave an opportunity to a fulfillment company that obviously was beyond their capability to execute. We love you fans, we're truly sorry for the delay. Thanks for being patient."
Look, I'm as big a Foo fan as anyone on here and thanks to HBO I have never anticipated an album more than I do this one, but you don't get a pass on not acting empathetic or saying "sorry"... having the fulfillment company do it for you is like getting your attorney to apologize for your felony... useless and insincere... I still don't even have an arrival date or tracking number and there is no way I will download a low quality MP3 version... I never switched to downloaded music because I care about the music and the sound quality, not just the beat... I'm not going to spend the time to set up for downloaded music on my computer...
OK, I'm genuinely pissed off and felt like ranting... but I'll get over it and I still love the Foos!
Can't wait to see Dave on the C4V tonight on HBO...
It clearly states shipping week of November 10th.It's only the 11th.
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old November 11th 2014, 08:59 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
So Disappointed...
No way that they didn't know until the last minute that it wasn't going to ship until AFTER it was supposed to be here...
How about:
"Hey, we gave an opportunity to a fulfillment company that obviously was beyond their capability to execute. We love you fans, we're truly sorry for the delay. Thanks for being patient."
Look, I'm as big a Foo fan as anyone on here and thanks to HBO I have never anticipated an album more than I do this one, but you don't get a pass on not acting empathetic or saying "sorry"... having the fulfillment company do it for you is like getting your attorney to apologize for your felony... useless and insincere... I still don't even have an arrival date or tracking number and there is no way I will download a low quality MP3 version... I never switched to downloaded music because I care about the music and the sound quality, not just the beat... I'm not going to spend the time to set up for downloaded music on my computer...
OK, I'm genuinely pissed off and felt like ranting... but I'll get over it and I still love the Foos!
http://sonichighways.foofighters.com...ys-mega-bundle

It changed recently in wording but that red text has been there since day 1, it used to say that items will begin shipping STARTING the week of November 10th. They are not late, you just didn't read properly.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old November 11th 2014, 09:32 PM
Polite as fuck

Quote:
So Disappointed...
How about:
I enjoy very much that you signed up just for this...
Old November 11th 2014, 10:17 PM
Ready on your mark

I think I made a tactical error pre-ordering to be sent to Australia.

...Oh, who am I kidding, getting Foo stuff in the mail at any time for any reason is never a tactical error.
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old November 11th 2014, 10:29 PM
keep on Grohling!

just got the shipping confirmation from firebrand with tracking number
03 july 2017 Accord hotel Arena; Paris

instagram: https://instagram.com/Vinycode70/
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/user/Nicode70
Old November 11th 2014, 11:39 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Flexidiscs are definitely "while supplies last".

That may well be, but if you had ordered the album BEFORE the flexi was even announced, then you MUST be entitled to one, especially when the band's own twitter page said "Don't worry everyone that has pre-ordered, you will get one".

IF the fulfillment centre just stuff flexis in the first xxxxx orders that go out the door and say that's it we're all out, and DON'T allocate them by the actual order date, then they could have a VERY big problem on their hands based on the hold ups that have happened for many people that ordered before the flexis were announced and then might not get one. Firebrand simply will not have fulfilled the band's own outright promise to those buyers.

I was there
Old November 12th 2014, 12:07 AM
Looking for a dime and found a quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
That may well be, but if you had ordered the album BEFORE the flexi was even announced, then you MUST be entitled to one, especially when the band's own twitter page said "Don't worry everyone that has pre-ordered, you will get one".

IF the fulfillment centre just stuff flexis in the first xxxxx orders that go out the door and say that's it we're all out, and DON'T allocate them by the actual order date, then they could have a VERY big problem on their hands based on the hold ups that have happened for many people that ordered before the flexis were announced and then might not get one. Firebrand simply will not have fulfilled the band's own outright promise to those buyers.
Wait...so..you already bought the album and then the band offered a goodie, so you MUST be ENTITLED to one?

I, for one, am SO SICK of everyone's bitching...about EVERY SINGLE THING the band has done. This is a band who makes music we all love and no one is ENTITLED to ANYTHING. We all love them, and we all have to share their greatness with the rest of the foo fans.

It's a FOO UNIVERSE out there right now. Stop with this entitled crap. How bummed would Dave be to see some of this?
Old November 12th 2014, 12:20 AM
Fuck it all, I came from nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFightTheFuture View Post
Wait...so..you already bought the album and then the band offered a goodie, so you MUST be ENTITLED to one?

I, for one, am SO SICK of everyone's bitching...about EVERY SINGLE THING the band has done. This is a band who makes music we all love and no one is ENTITLED to ANYTHING. We all love them, and we all have to share their greatness with the rest of the foo fans.

It's a FOO UNIVERSE out there right now. Stop with this entitled crap. How bummed would Dave be to see some of this?
Seconded + this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY58fiSK8E

___________________________________live.
Old November 12th 2014, 12:44 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
I never switched to downloaded music because I care about the music and the sound quality, not just the beat... I'm not going to spend the time to set up for downloaded music on my computer...
Sound quality? Heard of flac? Also, 320mbps is as good as you need. Your ears ain't going to be hearing any difference compared to a cd.

You could have had music set up on your computer in less time than it took you to sign up here and write this post, as well.
Old November 12th 2014, 12:53 AM
Been here since before you were born

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraLuke View Post
Thirded plus..like...honestly, an apology from the band?? They don't care that you couldn't take the time to read. Plus the digital download option is there...I find it hard to believe that you'll only accept music in disc form in this day and age, not to mention the low-quality mp3's would be just a temporary tie-over until you get the album. You wouldn't have to 'set up' anything unless you're really still using CD's.
|04/03/96 Concert Hall|07/07/97 Warehouse|10/11/97 Arrow Hall|07/01/98 Molson Park|08/11/00 Molson Park|10/28/02 Much Music|10/29/02 Opera House|07/07/03 Arrow Hall|07/19/03 Sarnia Bayfest|06/16/05 Edge Studio|06/16/05 Lee's Palace|08/13/05 Molson Amph|08/23/06 Hummingbird Centre|11/07/06 ACC|03/20/08 John Labatt Centre|03/22/08 ACC|04/14/11 Nick Dude's Garage|08/09/11 ACC|09/25/11 HSBC Arena|07/08-9/15 Molson Amph|07/12/18 SkyDome|
Old November 12th 2014, 01:31 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
YES

"As a THANKS for pre-ordering direct, every pre-order from FF official Sonic Highways US or UK store will come with a free gift."

"Donít worry!! If youíve already pre-ordered from the FF Sonic Highways store, the collectible Flexi will be shipped with your original order. Offer is good while supplies last."

1) You had an existing order before any flexi was announced.
2) The above statement was made.
3) Damn fucking straight you can expect to get one.

It's a small thing you might have heard of called advertising LAW.

I was there
Old November 12th 2014, 01:37 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
I, for one, am SO SICK of everyone's bitching...about EVERY SINGLE THING the band has done.
Seriously - you want to post that?
http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthrea...34#post3977034

I was there
Old November 12th 2014, 02:39 AM
Visiting is pretty...

In 2014- any fans who are willing to actually buy your album- let alone a mega bundle for nearly $200 with shipping 2 months before the album is out should get it FIRST!! I paid almost $200 bucks a long time ago- apparently per the Foo instagram account today I should just go to target and get CD for 9.99. Amazon has vinyl I could get here Thursday. The album is available on Beats Music for free essentially if you happen to subscribe. This is poorly managed and I don't care what the site says about on or around 11/10- that could mean shipping before 11/10. Retail stores have the product- no one actually buys albums anymore except people like us- I buy vinyl cause I love the sound but I am a minority. My kid was like why did you buy it when you can just listen to it online? You don't let down the die hard fans in this day and age. I have no ship date or tracking number for mega bundle
Old November 12th 2014, 02:39 AM

Comparing shipping costs to anywhere else in the world isn't the same as being entitled and thinking the band owes me something.

Hoping the band is keeping an eye on its distributors that may or may not be overcharging customers is reasonable.

Expecting something to be in the package you bought prior to that object being offered is different. It should be viewed as an awesome bonus if you happen to get one. Not an expectation or entitlement
Old November 12th 2014, 02:41 AM

I still don't have a tracking number or ship date for my bundle either
Old November 12th 2014, 03:16 AM

I bought the Wasting Light CD at a store. I opened up the package and there was no CD in there.
Dave Grohl has a lot to answer for.
Old November 12th 2014, 03:17 AM
Ready on your mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stharv View Post
In 2014- any fans who are willing to actually buy your album- let alone a mega bundle for nearly $200 with shipping 2 months before the album is out should get it FIRST!! I paid almost $200 bucks a long time ago- apparently per the Foo instagram account today I should just go to target and get CD for 9.99. Amazon has vinyl I could get here Thursday. The album is available on Beats Music for free essentially if you happen to subscribe. This is poorly managed and I don't care what the site says about on or around 11/10- that could mean shipping before 11/10. Retail stores have the product- no one actually buys albums anymore except people like us- I buy vinyl cause I love the sound but I am a minority. My kid was like why did you buy it when you can just listen to it online? You don't let down the die hard fans in this day and age. I have no ship date or tracking number for mega bundle
It's frustrating to wait, but it's also important to take into consideration that with the Mega Bundle and a few other deals via the store, we're getting things that we wouldn't be able to just stroll into a retailer and pick up. These are limited runs, too, so if you purchased a Mega Bundle, you're paying for something few others would have. Not just an album.

The overall sale of physical albums might be on the decline, but vinyl sales have gone from under 0.5m to 6m in 20 years - a big loop-de-loop and proof that traditional formats can endure in the digital age. There is still a strong desire amongst music fans to own music rather than stream it. There are still a great number of people who believe in the experience and ritual of first opening and playing a record. So I don't know how you feel about now being in the majority but there you are.

I agree, from our side, the store and the shipping appear to be a mess. But for all we know, in an office/warehouse somewhere, they could have everything under control. I highly doubt management would put responsibility into their hands without checking that they could handle the load.
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

FooFightersLive.com
Old November 12th 2014, 03:58 AM
Da doo doo doo, da dah dah dah

How on earth is any person/company/shipper/band able to be able to ensure that every single person who orders receives their merchandise on one specific day? There are too many variables.
Old November 12th 2014, 04:58 AM
Colors inside the lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I bought the Wasting Light CD at a store. I opened up the package and there was no CD in there.
Dave Grohl has a lot to answer for.
What are the odds that would happen to you twice? Wasn't the WL CD you bought at the Grammy Museum empty too?

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old November 12th 2014, 05:05 AM
The Boss

Wow, I haven't threatened to shut a post down in a long time. Feels good, man.

I want to be clear that respectful discussions are appreciated but this might not be one of them....

Simon and I are volunteers. We try and keep you informed of shipping issues and other points of interest that we have found out along the way. A few things I hear from management but for the most part we are on our own.

I will not and do not go back to management and tell them that someone's mangina is flaring up and they demand their fucking flexidisc. I don't tell them that some spoiled brat wants fucking tickets to a show and is upset with how the band decided to distribute them. I won't tell them that people didn't read the small print when they got all school girl and ordered their mega bundle and didn't notice the shipping note.

So the entitlement and demands go in my volunteer ear and out the other.

Keep it up and you will win my heart forever and ever.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Closed Thread