Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 13th 2014, 05:15 PM
God as my witness

Default Re: CharityBuzz: ONE OF A KIND CUSTOM GIBSON GUITAR CREATED FOR & SIGNED BY DAVE GROH

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefalconTLE View Post
Yep I'm thinking about either buying the gold and getting it refinished, or just buying a trini lopez. I could have swung the 3699 price for the blue but no way I have the money for a $7000 guitar no matter how much I want it. Congrats to anyone who can pick one up though.
I DO have the Trini and I have to tell you I love it. It is now my "go to" guitar. Great feel, great neck, and burst bucker pros have a nice mellow sound when you want and will rock pretty hard on the other side of the spectrum. I was lucky enough to get #29 and it's an outstanding instrument.
Old November 14th 2014, 02:47 AM
I'll Stick Around

Eek! Re: CharityBuzz: ONE OF A KIND CUSTOM GIBSON GUITAR CREATED FOR & SIGNED BY DAVE GROH

Wow! I have been waiting so long for another run of these but at $7K for the Pelham Blue I guess I will never get one!
Old November 14th 2014, 08:09 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: CharityBuzz: ONE OF A KIND CUSTOM GIBSON GUITAR CREATED FOR & SIGNED BY DAVE GROH

"Extremely limited run of 200 units in Pelham Blue finish and 400 units in Gold Metallic"

I guess this doubles the price simply because they are twice as less available in Dave's blue. and more than twice as collectable.

At 600 total if you are buying one to play, the gold is clearly the answer. If you want one to have one, then likely as not those people out there with 4k to sit in a box have 7k just as readily available for the "right" colour.

I guess time has already told us this is an investment regardless. When they are all gone it could be another 7 years if ever.

Still don't understand why there aren't 606 though.

I was there
Old November 20th 2014, 03:51 PM
everything fades in time it's true...

Anyone notice that Dave was playing what appeared to be one of the gold models yesterday on the Ellen show? It looked quite appealing if I must say so myself.

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/media...4/original.jpg

Last edited by twhite1221 : November 20th 2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old November 20th 2014, 04:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I did! It does look very nice. Although nothing will beat the blue for me
Old November 21st 2014, 01:07 AM
I'll Stick Around

I just can't believe the price practically doubles for a hue of paint. I understand supply and demand, why people want the blue, etc. and that Gibson has every right to charge whatever they want but wow!
Rochester, NY 7/28/08 l Chicago, IL 8/7/11 l Phoenix, AZ 10/16/11 l Boston, MA 11/16/11 l New Orleans, LA 5/6/12 l New York, NY 9/29/12 l Richmond, VA 9/17/14 l Washington DC 7/4/15 l Boston, MA 7/18/2015 l Boston, MA 7/19/2015
Old November 29th 2014, 05:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I've seen a few of these showing up at new homes, anyone get theirs yet? (if you were lucky enough to grab one).