Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 21st 2019, 07:06 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
Surely, if you market merchandise around an event on a certain date, you should ensure said merchandise bears the correct fucking emblem for the event.

Perhaps the delay is down to all the merch being burnt & new stuff printed.
2018 BBQ... (the size of those roasted "packets" looks waaaaay too familiar to me

1990's BBQ... hm hmm hmmmm... Fresh pots... I had 11 of these T-Sh... huge steaks... but they've aged sooo nicely it was time to fry the fuckers...

Jokes "in/aside" - they could really use some humor to front up to the fuckups just like this... sadly big business doesn't see any relevance in connecting with anything but wallets. I've said it before... we could do sooooo much better fronting the band's merch ourselves - for both the band and the fans... (where the fuck is the SIGH emoji lol - yes Simon board version 2025 with the new 30th funding lol).

I was there
Old March 21st 2019, 07:36 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

OK so now having missed the 17th...

Both stores have a 20% store-wide discount promo using code 'TSHIRT" (no hyphen).

Interesting the price in the UK is the exact same price in the US. I'd venture the 25% is the cost of getting US stock to the UK in semi bulk. Sample...

34.99 Go Luck Yourself Bundle
https://shopuk.foofighters.com/colle...ourself-bundle

$34.99 Go Luck Yourself Bundle
https://shop.foofighters.com/collect...19706210713687

All items seem back up again too (maybe it was just when I looked but they'd all sold out at one point for a fair while?). Anyway very very fffff..lucky all round...

I really want to tell everyone about the new secret Concrete and Gold bonus track four sided gatefold LP release with the Leprechaun on green cover holding a concrete pot full of gold ingots, pressed on fluorescent green vinyl with yellow flecks... but apparently it just didnt make the deadline.

Maybe RSD 2020?

Like I said - ideas... ideas... If they asked me I'd be selling free snow to Eskimos and still be doing better than LN.

I was there
Old March 21st 2019, 11:44 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Anyone looking to use the 20% TSHIRT discount code with the added free items on the US site *where they are offering $50, $75 and $100 bonuses*...

01) The bonuses are free items added in addition to the 20% discount.
02) You get 20% off everything except media and the extra items added free
03) You need to spend $50 at original price (or $75/100 etc) to get the free items, and then the 20% gets taken off the paid items.
04) Far as I can tell they have it kinda set like this:
-----$50 - a free coin
-----$75 - a free coin and a free FF Cookie Cutter
-----$100 - a free coin and a free FF Cookie Cutter and a free 2017 Snow Globe

I had to fight with the site as they were obviously still figuring it all out - I don't think they have done discounts and staggered free shit like this before at the same time. I had several carts that were wrong today... but they did finally figure it out.

And yes the shipping cost shown is as high as it could be - as that's to me in NZ from LA.

But it's the subtotal values tell the real story...

So you could place an order like this, where FULL website cost was $152.91 plus shipping:

It would end up at $103.94 plus shipping:

But obviously that's pricing the free stuff at retail first - it's a get it or not thing as usual there - but the Cookie Cutter looks awesome and I've never seen it - and as far as I can tell it's not available to buy - yet anyway... or maybe I missed it from the past?

I was there
Old March 21st 2019, 12:49 PM
Have you found your way around

No it's not been there as far as I can see - it's also on the UK store - but not as an actual item as of yet. 50 for the cookie cutter and 75 for a patch on there instead of those.
2014: House of Vans (11th September), Islington Assembly Hall (12th September), Invictus Games (14th September)
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
2019: Pula Arena (18th & 19th June), RDS Arena Dublin (21st August), Reading Festival (25th August)
Future: ... No One Knows
Old March 21st 2019, 01:08 PM

Also, I noted down that it still doesn't work for the teacup set....

2014: House of Vans (11th September), Islington Assembly Hall (12th September), Invictus Games (14th September)
2019: Pula Arena (18th & 19th June), RDS Arena Dublin (21st August), Reading Festival (25th August)
Old March 21st 2019, 01:36 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
No it's not been there as far as I can see - it's also on the UK store - but not as an actual item as of yet. 50 for the cookie cutter and 75 for a patch on there instead of those.
Right cool - good comparison, and I wanted to test and add that (for UK site) but I ran out of time, and got MASSIVELY distracted by this damn cookie cutter, and it would just be even more confusing if one post was talking about multiple sites.

I would normally never cross-post - definitely not in full, so please just use repeat lower down as a reference to this link / board thread directly here: (I posted there just to highlight it better maybe? - It's utterly funky weird...)
http://forum.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=180102

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Current FF US Store Promo deal is including a FF Cookie Cutter as a bonus item. You can't actually buy it as far as I can tell - you just "get it" under the new promo for free items (over $75... $50 doesn't do it).

Did I miss this from some ye ole time gone by... or is it new?

Because the art keeps throwing up new variants on the store under web and view (when you actually get one in your order...). It's very funky... I tried to capture them - I count five, or four... or brain dead user - or fucking alien takeover...

Imgur here with five - four of them below...

https://imgur.com/a/j4AHOJn

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was there
Old March 21st 2019, 01:51 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Also, I noted down that it still doesn't work for the teacup set....

Nothing will ever work for the tea set except pounds Stirling.

Stirling is a secret brand of English tea, derived from plants grown under ultra high supervision in a small hydroponic shed in California. It's English because it's only traded on English items. When you can beg, borrow or steal several pounds of it, you get a free tea set. Dave delivers it and demands to have his fucking tea back... so he can complete his Motorhead/punk/post punk collection. Mostly it's hilarious because of the coffee shit re Fresh Pots having been a massive 20 year ruse...

I was there
Old March 21st 2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
Nothing will ever work for the tea set except pounds Stirling.

Stirling is a secret brand of English tea, derived from plants grown under ultra high supervision in a small hydroponic shed in California. It's English because it's only traded on English items. When you can beg, borrow or steal several pounds of it, you get a free tea set. Dave delivers it and demands to have his fucking tea back... so he can complete his Motorhead/punk/post punk collection. Mostly it's hilarious because of the coffee shit re Fresh Pots having been a massive 20 year ruse...
It's also something I hear you can get a large brew of in Boston - they do quite a good Tea Party...

Old March 21st 2019, 02:47 PM
Normal

Quote:
It's also something I hear you can get a large brew of in Boston - they do quite a good Tea Party...

They do indeed
Old March 30th 2019, 03:45 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:

And better yet...

I've checked with management and they're all set to do you a new Boston tea service set.

Best of all it's perfect for international shipping from the get go

And VERY few issues are expected with UK HMRC

I was there
Old March 30th 2019, 05:22 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

I think this one's worth sharing... especially for the UK people that are keeping things alive here lol.

The picks are from later gigs thrown in. I'm trying to get any info I can on which ones, but as they're impossible to pin to specific dates by nature, they really just add to provenance that hey "I was there at the start and for a long time after". One very very old school roadie - finally opening up the treasure vault.

Reading is obviously much bigger than one band, so you don't get the "I was clearly there to do the Foo gig" statement thrown in your face. But I'm hopefully getting that in writing, they are numbered which is also no doubt traceable. And in any case the items together are probably all most sane people would need... Brixton is irrefutably 1995 UK FF road crew.

26th August 1995 Reading Festival UK
This gig's pretty infamous - second ever UK gig after Kings College 3rd June, and the first UK gig after the first album release. Probably one of the craziest "tent" gigs ever.
https://www.foofighterslive.com/show...ng-festival-68

15th November 1995 Brixton Academy London UK
The last of two nights (20 songs vs 18 the night before) and last 1995 England gig. Down In The Park closed out the gig (first and only time it has ever been played in the UK).
https://www.foofighterslive.com/show...on-academy-111

29th August 1998 Reading Festival UK
The close out gig for 1998. Franz Stahl's last live gig.
https://www.foofighterslive.com/show...g-festival-391

I was there
Old March 31st 2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
And better yet...

I've checked with management and they're all set to do you a new Boston tea service set.

Best of all it's perfect for international shipping from the get go

And VERY few issues are expected with UK HMRC

Kind of disappointed they didn't include the glue like they said they would... would be a great jigsaw to complete
Old April 13th 2019, 08:50 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Found this for sale in the week - not sure if it’s actually one of THE 50 St Cecilia keys but as it was only $25 I thought I’d buy it anyway.

Last edited by Poppy4580 : April 13th 2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old April 13th 2019, 09:10 PM
The Sidekick

Nice!

So, has anyone bought any Foo Fighters books recently? I hear there is a new one out a couple of weeks ago, supposed to be decent.

/notsosubtleplug

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 13th 2019, 10:49 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Nice!

So, has anyone bought any Foo Fighters books recently? I hear there is a new one out a couple of weeks ago, supposed to be decent.

/notsosubtleplug
I dunno, I have ordered a signed copy now that someone is a published author...
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old April 13th 2019, 11:26 PM
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

Quote:
Nice!

/notsosubtleplug

Already bought
Old April 15th 2019, 12:25 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
I think this one's worth sharing... especially for the UK people that are keeping things alive here lol.

The picks are from later gigs thrown in. I'm trying to get any info I can on which ones, but as they're impossible to pin to specific dates by nature, they really just add to provenance that hey "I was there at the start and for a long time after". One very very old school roadie - finally opening up the treasure vault.

Reading is obviously much bigger than one band, so you don't get the "I was clearly there to do the Foo gig" statement thrown in your face. But I'm hopefully getting that in writing, they are numbered which is also no doubt traceable. And in any case the items together are probably all most sane people would need... Brixton is irrefutably 1995 UK FF road crew.

26th August 1995 Reading Festival UK
This gig's pretty infamous - second ever UK gig after Kings College 3rd June, and the first UK gig after the first album release. Probably one of the craziest "tent" gigs ever.
https://www.foofighterslive.com/show...ng-festival-68

15th November 1995 Brixton Academy London UK
The last of two nights (20 songs vs 18 the night before) and last 1995 England gig. Down In The Park closed out the gig (first and only time it has ever been played in the UK).
https://www.foofighterslive.com/show...on-academy-111

29th August 1998 Reading Festival UK
The close out gig for 1998. Franz Stahl's last live gig.
https://www.foofighterslive.com/show...g-festival-391

Ooh I was at the Reading one. Will check that out when I get home

GlasVegas, Aug 19 : PULA x 2 June 19 : London x 2 June 18 : James Corden, June 18 : Download Paris, June 18 : O2, Sept 17 : Lollapalloza Berlin, Sept 17 : NOS Alive, July 17 : Glastonbury 17 : Paris, Nov, 20 15 : Berlin, Nov, 2015 : Milton Keynes x2 Sept, 15 : Glastonbury 2015 : Wembley, 20th June 15 : Invictus Closing Concert, London, Sep 14 : Milton Keynes, July 11 : Wembley, June 08 : Reading, 98 : Glastonbury June, 98 : Ozzfest, June , 98 : Shepherds Bush, 97
Old April 15th 2019, 08:57 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy4580 View Post
Already bought
The author thanks you! He would also greatly appreciate it if you were to leave a review on Amazon when you get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I dunno, I have ordered a signed copy now that someone is a published author...
It's sure to be worth thousands in just a few years. I'll be keeping an eye on ebay, making sure you don't flip it.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 16th 2019, 12:25 AM
I'll Stick Around

RSD Big Me 3"

Lined up Saturday morning at 6am. 7th in line. My go to local shop has a deal that if you're in line before 7am, you can call dibs on one release as long as they have it. 7am comes and the owner tells me they didn't order any of the 3" releases or players. Crushed. So I call dibs on the Weezer Dusty Gems release, wait till 8am for the store to open, and buy the other releases I was looking for.

I was about to go home defeated, before I decided to drive out to the next store 10 minutes away. Jackpot! They still had 4 players left bundled with Big Me! Bought it and went home a happy Foo Fan on RSD.
9/28/08 ACL Austin TX
5/18/11 Little Rock AR
5/20/11 Memphis TN
8/7/11 Lolla Chicago IL
11/7/11 Duluth GA
9/21/12 Atlanta GA
10/26/14 LIB Las Vegas NV
5/27/15 Manchester UK
7/4/15 RFK Washington DC
9/10/17 Lolla Berlin
10/12/17 Anthem Washington DC
12/31/17 NYE Las Vegas NV
4/25/18 Tampa FL
4/26/18 West Palm Beach FL
4/28/18 Atlanta GA
9/1/18 Seattle WA
5/15/19 New Orleans LA
5/16/19 New Orleans LA
Old April 19th 2019, 07:14 AM
Insert Wookie noise here..

Quote:
Nice!

/notsosubtleplug
Bought it at first glance!

Very good reading material Simon! Also, kudos on te layout and design of the book. I can imagine you are very proud of the end result. A lot of hard work paid off!

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection