Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 23rd 2011, 12:46 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default For The Foo Fighters fan who has everything

Check this out http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIG-BUCK-ROGERS...em588e96 6c68

Very cool if it is indeed legit. If I had the extra cash I would buy it in a second!

Last edited by JPark09 : June 23rd 2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old June 23rd 2011, 01:15 AM
A star burned out

Default Re: For The Foo Fighters fan who has everything

it may be a cool item and understandable when not sold cheap, but it's an absurd to charge all of this and saying that it's the actual prop from album cover when it's not. I compared the pictures with my own ST copy and there's a few very visible differences.

look at the pictures of the gun pointing at the same side as it does on the cover, now look at the top left, that little thing looking like a 4-piece window is in the middle of 2 sculpted rings. those rings are ver well formed on the cover of the album while the gun has more of a "bump" instead of that, not looking like actual rings surrounding the cylinder where it's at. it's undeniable that it is the same model of the gun, but it's clearly another copy of it.

also, there's no mention of a Tommy Steele being the art director who created the cover on the booklet credits, it says "Art Direction and Design by Tim Gabor... Cover Photograph by Jennifer Youngblood... Inside Paintings by Jaq Chartier... Inside Photographs by Court DOughty, Charles Peterson, Jeff Ross and Jennifer Youngblood." he is a Capitol executive, who probably has easy access to production material, which could explain the original print proofs of the album on the pictures.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old June 23rd 2011, 01:36 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
it may be a cool item and understandable when not sold cheap, but it's an absurd to charge all of this and saying that it's the actual prop from album cover when it's not. I compared the pictures with my own ST copy and there's a few very visible differences.

look at the pictures of the gun pointing at the same side as it does on the cover, now look at the top left, that little thing looking like a 4-piece window is in the middle of 2 sculpted rings. those rings are ver well formed on the cover of the album while the gun has more of a "bump" instead of that, not looking like actual rings surrounding the cylinder where it's at. it's undeniable that it is the same model of the gun, but it's clearly another copy of it.

also, there's no mention of a Tommy Steele being the art director who created the cover on the booklet credits, it says "Art Direction and Design by Tim Gabor... Cover Photograph by Jennifer Youngblood... Inside Paintings by Jaq Chartier... Inside Photographs by Court DOughty, Charles Peterson, Jeff Ross and Jennifer Youngblood." he is a Capitol executive, who probably has easy access to production material, which could explain the original print proofs of the album on the pictures.
I didn't have the chance to compare it close up with my album yet so I'm glad you did. I'm always a bit wary when I see something like this and hoped for the best. Thanks to your detective skills you have identified things to discredit their story and save someone potentially a great deal of money.
Old June 23rd 2011, 01:47 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

well, don't forget the actual prop went through that whole process called "ageing"

So, it may still be the original.

• 05/30/2004 - Rock In Rio Lisboa, Lisbon - Portugal.
• 08/16/2005 - Festival Paredes de Coura, Portugal
• 10/29/2009 - Live from Studio 606 (:P)
• 07/03/2011 - Milton Keynes, UK
• 07/07/2011 - Optimus Alive, Lisbon, Portugal
• 20/06/2015 - Wembley Stadium (canceled )
Old June 23rd 2011, 02:03 AM
I'll Stick Around

There's one significantly cheaper - http://cgi.ebay.com/BUCK-ROGERS-ATOM...40251910827694. But only those living in US can bid, what a shame.
Old June 23rd 2011, 02:32 AM
I'll Stick Around

If that's the actual gun used on the cover, then that is incredible!
Old June 23rd 2011, 03:07 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPark09 View Post
I didn't have the chance to compare it close up with my album yet so I'm glad you did. I'm always a bit wary when I see something like this and hoped for the best. Thanks to your detective skills you have identified things to discredit their story and save someone potentially a great deal of money.
I was intrigued since I was really hoping it is original, it would be an interesting look at a cool piece of history, mostly because it's awesome but also because I would never have that money to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
well, don't forget the actual prop went through that whole process called "ageing"

So, it may still be the original.
I doubt that kind of thing would happen to the gun other than color changes and usual dust effect, I saw some radical shape changes on some of the details, you'll see that too if you compare it with your copy of the album.

but also, as I stated above, the whole story doesn't hold itself either since the guy was never credited for creating the cover, and if he is indeed a capitol executive, he could easily have access to that print proof of the album artwork and try to make it look real. and if you google his name you will find mostly material from a comedian of the same name, for an item going for so much it's enough points to make you hold your money.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •