Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 29th 2019, 07:06 PM
I don't have a cofee problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevthedrummer View Post
Exactly! Let There be Rock is pretty far down the list when you start naming ACDC songs. But that is Dave's message at the moment... He's one of the only remaining 'rock' poster boys and he's very much "Do you think rock and roll is dead?!" - well if you look at the rest of the lineup, you'd have to say yes!
Reading isn’t a rock festival and hasn’t been for years. It’s really a hipster festival overall - kind of like what V became before it went kaput. If Dave really wants to be “rock and roll” the festival they should play is Download (and come out and do a heavy rock set whilst they are at it).

Of course realistically they could just play their own stadium shows instead - and will - and will only return to Reading because it has that allure for him personally.
Old August 29th 2019, 10:21 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Reading live stream

https://www.stereogum.com/2056568/oa...fighters/news/
Old August 30th 2019, 10:16 AM
FooArchive

Eek! Re: Reading live stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo3001 View Post
It was a little nastier than that article makes it seem. The clip has his saying “the drummer from Nirvana can come up onstage and suck my dick”.

Considering twice in the recent past Noel has named Foo Fighters when whining in magazines that rock is dead it’s no surprise. He’s playing to shrinking audiences & unfortunately all music magazines want to talk to him about is Oasis or his Brother so instead of ‘live and let live’ he reverts to his default of being bitter.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl
Old August 30th 2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjonze View Post
It was a little nastier than that article makes it seem. The clip has his saying “the drummer from Nirvana can come up onstage and suck my dick”.

Considering twice in the recent past Noel has named Foo Fighters when whining in magazines that rock is dead it’s no surprise. He’s playing to shrinking audiences & unfortunately all music magazines want to talk to him about is Oasis or his Brother so instead of ‘live and let live’ he reverts to his default of being bitter.
Lets not forget that Lewis Capaldi handed Noel his ass when he tried to bad mouth him in the media.

Noel Gallagher's music is safe dull dad-rock and he is desperately trying to make himself relevant through the media.
Old August 30th 2019, 05:55 PM
Right down the drain I go…

It’s Noel’s sense of humour, but yeah there’s no need
Old August 30th 2019, 07:12 PM

Come on..

You just do not headline just about the biggest festival in the UK and start a petition like that. Even jokingly. I mean, it’s obvious that Oasis ended badly and there’s a lot of bad blood still. You just don’t go onstage and make a fucking joke about it.

It was kinda funny to see them cross the line onstage but after the ”Too much money” comment I was sure someone will be pissed off.

A bit similar if Oasis started talking about Kurt’s and Dave’s relationship when playing Knebworth.