Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old April 13th 2011, 01:19 AM
Knoxy's Avatar
Knoxy Knoxy is offline
Yawn.
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rent free in your head.
Posts: 23,512
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotaboutsteve View Post
schooner or later. except for the wait on weekends.
Can't compare the food to Coffee Cup, IMHO.

Just because Guy Fieri says it's good, don't make it so.

But their beers are awesome.

I think the best beer joint in LBC is Joe Josts. Coldest damn beer ever. Love that place.
__________________
Originally Posted by Drunkz Emma_Jayne
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old April 13th 2011, 03:03 AM
fooeverlong fooeverlong is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 99
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Ah, good to know! lol

I could've sworn I had heard differently from the store employee, but thanks for the correction!
__________________
my blog: dave.nutang.com
tabs search engine: Tabpole


Just started a music community site.
Find bsides, bootlegs, concerts, etc. Meet other fans.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old April 16th 2011, 08:57 AM
Aurora Grohl's Avatar
Aurora Grohl Aurora Grohl is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 3,899
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Have fun today in Long Beach, everybody!!
__________________
"Sing along, make your friends happy, and impress them with your rock singing VOICE" ~Dave Grohl 5.15.98

"Dave has a crush on Taylor" ~Howard Stern 4.11.11
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old April 17th 2011, 02:57 AM
Highstick088's Avatar
Highstick088 Highstick088 is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 486
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Fun show. New album + all my life. The new songs keep getting tighter and tighter. And also a cool breakdown in all my life that I'd never heard before.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old April 17th 2011, 03:53 AM
The Return of Brad Nut The Return of Brad Nut is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 630
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

So 12 songs plus All My Life?
__________________
I've Return with all the Foo Hype! 58 Foo shows First Foo show May 1997 Tower Records Rockville, MD. Last show Sonic Highways New York City Irving Plaza
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old April 17th 2011, 05:18 AM
Highstick088's Avatar
Highstick088 Highstick088 is offline
I'd rather leave than suffer this
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 486
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of Brad Nut View Post
So 12 songs plus All My Life?
New album + all my life = 12 total.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old April 17th 2011, 05:30 AM
Astor Silva's Avatar
Astor Silva Astor Silva is offline
I'll Stick Around
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brasil
Posts: 417
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytUeM7-wTsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCYXz7-E2ew

Last edited by Astor Silva : April 17th 2011 at 05:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old April 17th 2011, 05:31 AM
HOSS's Avatar
HOSS HOSS is offline
Always watching, always FUCKING WATCHING
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

couldn't get wristbands, but ended up getting pics with everyone except Dave!!

very cool that the guys could walk around a lil in the store before they kicked everyone out for soundcheck...wish Dave had come back out before the show started, we had to take off....but man they had a ton of copies of Medium Rare! got signatures from Taylor Pat and Nate, I'll put up some pics later!
__________________

10.26.02 - Bridge School Benefit
04.18.03 - Universal City
10.28.05 - Oakland
07.14.06 - Berkeley
09.02.06 - Santa Barbara
02.02.08 - Oakland
03.06.08 - Inglewood
06.05.11 - 2011 MTV Movie Awards
02.12.12 - 54th Grammy Awards
01.31.13 - Sound City Players/Premiere
01.10.15 - Dave's Birthday Bash
05.28.17 - BottleRock
10.07.17 - CalJam '17
10.31.17 - Jimmy Kimmel Live!
12.02.17 - Sacramento
08.26.18 - The Holy Shits
09.12.18 - San Jose
10.06.18 - CalJam '18
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old April 17th 2011, 05:56 AM
Tai's Avatar
Tai Tai is offline
WWLD?
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Temporal Vortex
Posts: 7,720
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Got a few good shots from today. Freakin' awesome show for sure and super small, but the fact that this was in my back yard made it feel like it was something extra special. Made sure to tell Taylor to come back soon...that there's a lot of love for him here in the LBC. Pretty sure he caught my drift.
__________________
"Foo people aren't strangers. They are friends you haven't met yet." ~ Mike2
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old April 17th 2011, 06:10 AM
Aurora Grohl's Avatar
Aurora Grohl Aurora Grohl is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 3,899
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

awesome pics, Tai, you're like on their laps.
so happy for you!
__________________
"Sing along, make your friends happy, and impress them with your rock singing VOICE" ~Dave Grohl 5.15.98

"Dave has a crush on Taylor" ~Howard Stern 4.11.11
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old April 17th 2011, 07:51 AM
jnine13 jnine13 is offline
Screams in silence
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 754
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

My pictures aren't as good as Tai's, but here's what it looked like. I was bored waiting to buy Medium Rare, so there's a lot of photos of their cases and Wiley.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fb...4&l=c4f724c5e7
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old April 17th 2011, 04:46 PM
Aurora Grohl's Avatar
Aurora Grohl Aurora Grohl is offline
Have you found your way around
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 3,899
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnine13 View Post
My pictures aren't as good as Tai's, but here's what it looked like. I was bored waiting to buy Medium Rare, so there's a lot of photos of their cases and Wiley.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fb...4&l=c4f724c5e7
wow you have THEE most sublime picture of Pat, with his hands together. Aww, that guy.

Wiley's back?!
__________________
"Sing along, make your friends happy, and impress them with your rock singing VOICE" ~Dave Grohl 5.15.98

"Dave has a crush on Taylor" ~Howard Stern 4.11.11
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old April 17th 2011, 06:13 PM
mingo05's Avatar
mingo05 mingo05 is offline
Colors inside the lines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa City, Ohio, the great potato state
Posts: 25,150
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
Got a few good shots from today. Freakin' awesome show for sure and super small, but the fact that this was in my back yard made it feel like it was something extra special. Made sure to tell Taylor to come back soon...that there's a lot of love for him here in the LBC. Pretty sure he caught my drift.
Nice job Tai! I love the homage to Knoxy and Lara!

It looks like it was hot in there-lots of wet t-shirts on the boys.

Cosmo got a haircut
__________________
aka Cheryl from Iowa

*wears a helmet at all times*
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old April 17th 2011, 06:25 PM
Tai's Avatar
Tai Tai is offline
WWLD?
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Temporal Vortex
Posts: 7,720
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnine13 View Post
My pictures aren't as good as Tai's, but here's what it looked like. I was bored waiting to buy Medium Rare, so there's a lot of photos of their cases and Wiley.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fb...4&l=c4f724c5e7
Awesome pix!! I couldn't get any decent shots of Nate & Pat...you got some superb ones!! What a great day! I slept so damn good last night - it was like a full hour of cardio inside a sweat box!! Thanks for sharing!
__________________
"Foo people aren't strangers. They are friends you haven't met yet." ~ Mike2
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old April 17th 2011, 06:30 PM
Tai's Avatar
Tai Tai is offline
WWLD?
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Temporal Vortex
Posts: 7,720
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
Nice job Tai! I love the homage to Knoxy and Lara!

It looks like it was hot in there-lots of wet t-shirts on the boys.

Cosmo got a haircut
Yes hot as hell in that mo fo!! Cosmo is as handsome as ever!!

Here are shots from the OC Weekly

Still a bit on cloud 9 I must say.
__________________
"Foo people aren't strangers. They are friends you haven't met yet." ~ Mike2
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old April 17th 2011, 06:40 PM
fooeverlong fooeverlong is offline
Visiting is pretty...
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 99
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Here's a pic I took of the full band on stage...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
__________________
my blog: dave.nutang.com
tabs search engine: Tabpole


Just started a music community site.
Find bsides, bootlegs, concerts, etc. Meet other fans.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old April 17th 2011, 07:14 PM
Knoxy's Avatar
Knoxy Knoxy is offline
Yawn.
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rent free in your head.
Posts: 23,512
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingo05 View Post
Nice job Tai! I love the homage to Knoxy and Lara!

It looks like it was hot in there-lots of wet t-shirts on the boys.

Cosmo got a haircut
Wasn't that awesome?

Cosmo looks so handsome with his short hair!!! Love it!!!
__________________
Originally Posted by Drunkz Emma_Jayne
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old April 17th 2011, 07:32 PM
Tai's Avatar
Tai Tai is offline
WWLD?
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Temporal Vortex
Posts: 7,720
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooeverlong View Post
Here's a pic I took of the full band on stage...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Can't see it...but I bet it's a great shot! Here's one that Gus tweeted...can almost make out the WWLD? shirt...17+ hours later and I'm still grinning ear to ear!!
__________________
"Foo people aren't strangers. They are friends you haven't met yet." ~ Mike2
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old April 17th 2011, 07:36 PM
HOSS's Avatar
HOSS HOSS is offline
Always watching, always FUCKING WATCHING
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

ok so...i live like 400 miles away from Long Beach, so there was no way I was getting in to the Fingerprints show. but being the big Foo fans we are, we decided, fuck it, we're going down there anyway. we got to fingerprints around 1 or so, walked in, saw all the equipment, met Andy the stage manager, got a pick, then saw a bunch of copies of Medium Rare and immediately snatched one up (was worried i wouldn't get it!)...we kept asking around seeing if there was any way that we could get wristbands, but after a few tries, we just decided to go home.

but as we got back to our car (like 10-12 blocks away), i saw the White Limo make a left turn down the street!! so me and my buddies hauled ass down the street to try and find it, then after we lost it, we hopped in the car and started driving back towards Fingerprints. on our way back there, we realize the Limo is like 3 cars behind us, stopped at the other light...so my buddy driving tries to find a parking spot, but i fuckin hop out and get on the sidewalk, waitin for it to pass by. i still got my medium rare vinyl with me, AND im wearing the deluxe package WL shirt, so I was standing on the sidewalk holding up the vinyl, screaming YEAH FOO! as the limo drove by.

but then the limo stopped, and the guy in the front seat rolled down the front window and it's fucking TAYLOR! we got to talk for a quick second, and he asked me "hey man where's the fuckin record store" LOL. me bein the giddy little fanboy, im like out of breath, "right down the street, mr. hawkins, sir" all that, then as they leave, he gives me the shaka....AMAZING! the best foo interaction i'd had up to that point was giving Taylor a high-five up at Berkeley, so the Fingerprints opportunity was amazing. even though we couldn't go to the show, we still got pics and Medium Rare signed with everybody except Dave, and even then we were like right there to say hi to him, but he never came back out after soundcheck :/ but I'm not complaining!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOOS for making a pretty good day (which we were just about to leave) SO INCREDIBLE for those who couldn't make it to the pre-order for the wristbands...BTW i was surprised at how little security was in the store, like while taylor and chris came in, we were able to walk right up to them and just ask for pics, i was surprised...but ultimately fuckin stoked
__________________

10.26.02 - Bridge School Benefit
04.18.03 - Universal City
10.28.05 - Oakland
07.14.06 - Berkeley
09.02.06 - Santa Barbara
02.02.08 - Oakland
03.06.08 - Inglewood
06.05.11 - 2011 MTV Movie Awards
02.12.12 - 54th Grammy Awards
01.31.13 - Sound City Players/Premiere
01.10.15 - Dave's Birthday Bash
05.28.17 - BottleRock
10.07.17 - CalJam '17
10.31.17 - Jimmy Kimmel Live!
12.02.17 - Sacramento
08.26.18 - The Holy Shits
09.12.18 - San Jose
10.06.18 - CalJam '18
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old April 17th 2011, 07:53 PM
Tai's Avatar
Tai Tai is offline
WWLD?
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Temporal Vortex
Posts: 7,720
Default Re: LA Foo peeps, another special FB post from the band:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugodrummer5 View Post
ok so...i live like 400 miles away from Long Beach, so there was no way I was getting in to the Fingerprints show. but being the big Foo fans we are, we decided, fuck it, we're going down there anyway. we got to fingerprints around 1 or so, walked in, saw all the equipment, met Andy the stage manager, got a pick, then saw a bunch of copies of Medium Rare and immediately snatched one up (was worried i wouldn't get it!)...we kept asking around seeing if there was any way that we could get wristbands, but after a few tries, we just decided to go home.

but as we got back to our car (like 10-12 blocks away), i saw the White Limo make a left turn down the street!! so me and my buddies hauled ass down the street to try and find it, then after we lost it, we hopped in the car and started driving back towards Fingerprints. on our way back there, we realize the Limo is like 3 cars behind us, stopped at the other light...so my buddy driving tries to find a parking spot, but i fuckin hop out and get on the sidewalk, waitin for it to pass by. i still got my medium rare vinyl with me, AND im wearing the deluxe package WL shirt, so I was standing on the sidewalk holding up the vinyl, screaming YEAH FOO! as the limo drove by.

but then the limo stopped, and the guy in the front seat rolled down the front window and it's fucking TAYLOR! we got to talk for a quick second, and he asked me "hey man where's the fuckin record store" LOL. me bein the giddy little fanboy, im like out of breath, "right down the street, mr. hawkins, sir" all that, then as they leave, he gives me the shaka....AMAZING! the best foo interaction i'd had up to that point was giving Taylor a high-five up at Berkeley, so the Fingerprints opportunity was amazing. even though we couldn't go to the show, we still got pics and Medium Rare signed with everybody except Dave, and even then we were like right there to say hi to him, but he never came back out after soundcheck :/ but I'm not complaining!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOOS for making a pretty good day (which we were just about to leave) SO INCREDIBLE for those who couldn't make it to the pre-order for the wristbands...BTW i was surprised at how little security was in the store, like while taylor and chris came in, we were able to walk right up to them and just ask for pics, i was surprised...but ultimately fuckin stoked
Freakin' awesome story! Security had the luxury of being relaxed here in Long Beach...all the mad chaos was going down at Grand Prix. The folks at Fingerprints was a well managed bunch of fans. And from what I saw the guys didn't get too terribly mobbed before or after.

Glad it worked out so well for you after putting all those miles on the car!! And it was a beautiful day in the LBC so not all was lost no matter how the day went.
__________________
"Foo people aren't strangers. They are friends you haven't met yet." ~ Mike2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.