Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 14th 2005, 01:28 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Ok so wht foo track got you hooked???

this is for people who havent been on the board long,every one else has probley seen this type of thread a million times before but any way..... what track got you hooked? this one is kinda wierd for me as i did'nt buy any foo albums untill this year,bought most of the singles since 96 but not albums so i got two tracks first one is "my hero" first single i bought and my favourite foo track ever!!!well chuffed when they played it third tune in on sunday,second tune is "best of you" herd this on the radio then bought the in your honour album when it was released...album of the year for me!!much better than the coldplay and oasis efforts!liked in your honour so much i bought all the othere albums and have been listening to them all year
Old December 14th 2005, 01:37 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Ok so wht foo track got you hooked???

this is a call or big me, i cant remember which one they played on the radio first in the early years
Old December 14th 2005, 01:53 PM
I'll Stick Around

I think Monkey Wrench was on The Best Air Guitar Album in the World Ever! and was the first taste of Foo I had. Then I heard Next Year at some point. Still didn't know anything about them. Then I copied One By One off my friend and quite liked it. A couple of years later and I got around to getting the previous 3 albums and a new Foo Fan was born.

Therefore I think it was a gradual assimilation process rather than a song hooking me in particular.
Old December 14th 2005, 01:57 PM

The first Foo song I heard was Best of You - and, seeing the video, I was fascinated by this guy with astonishingly white teeth. Then I saw the video for DOA, and that was what really got me hooked.
Old December 14th 2005, 02:01 PM

Stacked Actors. And it's still my favourite song of thiers too.
Old December 14th 2005, 02:06 PM

well, I liked one or two other songs beforehand, but Monkey Wrench clinched it for me. After that, I had to buy TCATS. And when I did, life was pretty much complete, haha...

Last edited by trevgreg : December 14th 2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old June 14th 2008, 02:03 AM
I'll Stick Around

Smile Re: Ok so wht foo track got you hooked???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
this is a call or big me, i cant remember which one they played on the radio first in the early years
i agree muchly!!! v v v v v drunk wen I am writin this!!! this is a call is my bfs favourite, n i cnt choose my favorite cuz ther is sooooo many! up in arms, monkey wrench, friend of a friend (cuz i love nirvana too... n the song is bout kirt (my cuz went in morning 4 a yr n didn't take his hoody off... EVER!!!! Even at Devon in 95... even in the sea... N IT WAS DAMN HOT THAT YR!!!! oh... n i was only 4 wen he died! but he was still a genius, and vvvv. fit, shame bout his taste in women like!), halo, disenchanted lullaby, gimme stiches, obviously Everlong... big me... sssssoooooooooooooooooo many!!!! GOD I LOVE THE FOOS!!!
Old June 20th 2008, 11:47 PM
I'll Stick Around

i'm sorry, but i only really badly started liking the music when i listened to stranger things have happened- WHAT A RIFF, and i got hooked on halo- my poor brain- enough space- and times like these- and i loved the monkey wrench video for some reason
Old June 21st 2008, 03:25 PM
I'll Stick Around

For me it's Exhausted, Butterflies and How I miss you. These songs helped me so much and will always help me through my fucking life. Thank you Dave and the other Foo Fighters for these songs.

Besides I really love Winnebago, All my life, Breakout, Tired of you and of course many others.

Old June 21st 2008, 11:29 PM
I'll Stick Around

Best of You did it for me when I was 15, i was washing up at work, and one of the girls that i used to work with lent me her ipod cuz I was sooooooo bored (I cannot explain how boring the washroom at work is.... they shud use it as a form of corporal punishment!). Id never heard Best of You before, but listenedto it once, then had it on repeat for like 3 hrs... I fort it was amazing! Id never heard of the Foo Fighters before, but when I mentioned them to my bf, he was like... 'i have one of their albums... theyre mint.' so he lent me TCANS, n he as never got it back!!!!! N since then I have collected every album, single and DVD, and coated my walls of both of my bedrooms with their posters, and when I go uni in October, I fully intend to cover my room there with posters too!!

Sorry for rambling....

You once said Neil Young was the closest thing rock has to a Pope. Where would you place yourself in the rock/religion hierarchy?

Dave:One of those nasty priests who gets busted for touching little kids [laughs].
Old June 22nd 2008, 06:03 AM

Well, lets see. I remember hearing all these songs on the radio like Learn To Fly, This Is A Call, Times Like These and My Hero when they were new-ish and I loved them but I didnt really know anything at all about the Foo Fighters at the time. I remember when the video for Times Like These was popular. My brother was like "check this out"...i thought it was okay but nothing special (I WAS SO DUMB)...but then it grew on me (love it now). I also remember watching MTV when they would constantly play the Best of You and D.O.A. videos....i liked them a lot but still didnt realy consider myself a FF fan.

BUT then a couple years ago, my brother bought TCATS (by then I had kinda known who they were but still didnt know that they did all those hits). I listened to it and thought some of the songs were pretty good like Monkey Wrench and Hey Johnny Park. When it got to My Hero, i was thinking "heyyy i know this song!" lol. But man, when track 11 started playing, I was like . I was thinking "okay...i HAVE to look these guys up"...I was paying no attention to Walking After You or New Way Home at that time because all that was going through my head was "Hello ive waited here for you Everlong...". So all day I had Everlong stuck in my head. I got absolutely no work done in school. All i was thinking was "Breath out so I can breath you in, hold you in...". As soon as I got home, I went on the interweb and looked up those damn Foo Fighters. They've been a major obsession of mine ever since.

So you COULD say the tune that got me interested was My Hero, Times Like These or Best of You....but Everlong changed my life. Thank God for brothers, right?

Okay sorry that was so excruciatingly long. I could just talk about FF's music for ever and ever.

Last edited by Wind Up Space : June 22nd 2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old June 22nd 2008, 06:16 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

I can't say it was any one track. For me it's his voice.
Old July 9th 2008, 08:09 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I bought the single of All My Life, but Best of You got me hooked
Old December 14th 2005, 02:38 PM

Thumbs up Re: Ok so wht foo track got you hooked???

All My Life, I heard it round a mates house and he was heavily into Foos.

**Control the media, control the mind**
Old December 14th 2005, 03:26 PM

All my life made it. Never really saw them in Tv but this was the first video they showed on MTV German (okay let's asy the first I've seen).
After that I had to get all teh records
Old December 14th 2005, 03:28 PM
I'll Stick Around

Stacked Actors.
Old December 14th 2005, 03:57 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

stacked actors and my hero
Old December 14th 2005, 04:58 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Freakin' newbies.

"This Is a Call," first album, 1995.
Old December 29th 2005, 04:50 PM

Post Re: Ok so wht foo track got you hooked???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major
All my life made it. Never really saw them in Tv but this was the first video they showed on MTV German (okay let's asy the first I've seen).
After that I had to get all teh records
it is absolutely BEST OF YOU ! i heard and see this song(and video) and i was smashed!!!
Old December 14th 2005, 07:04 PM

Can't remember if the first Foos album came out before This is a Call, but I either bought the single or album first, depending on which was released first.

As a Nirvana fan, I bought everything related to them at the time.