Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Frequent Post Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old February 15th 2009, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Meet Brian

Well done Jill. I'm glad that you investigated and you made the right decision. Yeah, 15 is way too young. I'm glad that FooUK brought publicity to this even though I'm not fond of the exact method.

Somewhere in the back of my head I kept thinking that the anonymous informer might be Karan so that colored my feelings throughout. I also probably overreacted to the lynch mob vibe. I woke up this morning feeling uneasy because I don't want to say anything that would cause a girl not to come forward. That would be awful.

Jill, I'm so glad that you looked into this right away and closed the case. I'd also like to thank any young women who came forward to confide to Jill.

Last edited by Susan : February 15th 2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: grammar :(
Old February 15th 2009, 02:58 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I have heard from enough people to feel that Brin is and has been a threat to minors under the age of 18 on this board. I have seen PM's, heard from trusted, long term members of this community and feel that he has been very inappropriate.

I do want to comment on Grace's comments and defensive of him. I banned him from the Coattail Riders board because of those explicit .gifs he was using of those young women you thought it was so hysterical to fuck with. If you recall I even warned you to back off.

A 15 year old girl that is getting flattered and told she is desirable is not at fault. Add in that she might be lonely, or maybe not so desirable in the "real" world. A man can groom a girl like that into behavior she may not be proud of but feels too good to deny it.

The difference between the 15 year old and the 20 year old is that he's a grown ass man and should know better and a 15 year old can be very naive. I have a naive one at home and she was almost victimized at 13 by a predator.

So you defenders of Brian, go right ahead. I banned his ass and I am so sorry that the girls that were made to feel uncomfortable by him did not step forward sooner. I have EASILY heard from 8 women. I can't risk his continued behavior on this board because I couldn't live with myself if he puts one more person at risk.

He was an adult and he should have known better. PERIOD.
I had no idea all of this was happening.
Thank you for looking into it Jillybeans.

Old February 15th 2009, 03:34 PM
Educated lady who says "fuck" a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
I have heard from enough people to feel that Brin is and has been a threat to minors under the age of 18 on this board. I have seen PM's, heard from trusted, long term members of this community and feel that he has been very inappropriate.

I do want to comment on Grace's comments and defensive of him. I banned him from the Coattail Riders board because of those explicit .gifs he was using of those young women you thought it was so hysterical to fuck with. If you recall I even warned you to back off.

A 15 year old girl that is getting flattered and told she is desirable is not at fault. Add in that she might be lonely, or maybe not so desirable in the "real" world. A man can groom a girl like that into behavior she may not be proud of but feels too good to deny it.

The difference between the 15 year old and the 20 year old is that he's a grown ass man and should know better and a 15 year old can be very naive. I have a naive one at home and she was almost victimized at 13 by a predator.

So you defenders of Brian, go right ahead. I banned his ass and I am so sorry that the girls that were made to feel uncomfortable by him did not step forward sooner. I have EASILY heard from 8 women. I can't risk his continued behavior on this board because I couldn't live with myself if he puts one more person at risk.

He was an adult and he should have known better. PERIOD.
Thank you Jill. I feel more comfortable knowing you've looked into the situation and discovered the truth rather than relying on just hearsay from either side. Being accused of these things is very serious, not fodder for internet shenanigans.

Now that the truth is out, I'm pretty fucking pissed. I've been victim to this kind of manipulation (not from Brian, naturally) and to see it having been done to others really pisses me the fuck off.

Fuck him. Officially.

Ride life like a pony or you'll end up with a hair cut.
-Hannah Girls

fizzlebizzle
Old February 15th 2009, 03:43 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Thanks Jill.
Old February 15th 2009, 03:48 PM
The Boss

Don't thank me. Thank the ladies that finally came forward to me and told me what was up.

It was tough to do for some and I think they are awesome.

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old February 15th 2009, 03:53 PM
In too deep

so let's close and delete this now, yeah?

Let's put it all behind us and move on with the normal fuckery around here.

Old February 15th 2009, 03:54 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

It's over?
all over?

fuck, now I have laundry to do.
Old February 15th 2009, 04:07 PM

Good Decision Jill. That must have been a difficult one to make.

This is a public space, and everyone, male or female, should be made to feel comfortable and safe here.

Thank you.
Old February 15th 2009, 04:44 PM

Is this one of those elaborate hoaxes?

Like Andy Kaufman's faked death or the Joaquin Phoenix thing?

Too much for my Sunday morning coming down.
2008 Red Rocks, Colorado (missed the reschedule)
2008 Las Vegas, Nevada
2011 Floods and Misfortune kept me from Memphis
2012 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
2013 Mexico City
2014 Austin, Texas Sonic Highways Q&A
2015 D.C. or BUST!
2017 Two unused BottleRocket Wristbands
2018 Austin, Houston, Dallas & maybe Louisiana
2019 New Orleans!
Old February 15th 2009, 04:46 PM
undress for success

Quote:
Originally Posted by NESSIE View Post
Good Decision Jill. That must have been a difficult one to make.

This is a public space, and everyone, male or female, should be made to feel comfortable and safe here.

Thank you.
not according to grace!
Old February 15th 2009, 04:50 PM

I tried to catch up on this this morning and I have to say I agree with everything Nessie said. I don't see why a innocent girl should leave a chat room because of a nasty individual.
I'm glad he was banned, it's as it should be.
Old February 15th 2009, 04:57 PM

now do we think he is the fellow that will return repeatedly
Old February 15th 2009, 04:59 PM
Never knowing who to believe

isn't that what happened the first time he was banned? actually, why was sideburns banned?
Old February 15th 2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodie View Post
isn't that what happened the first time he was banned? actually, why was sideburns banned?
I don't know. Maybe he asked to be deleted on his own before. I remember that after he left, there were rumors. Then when he came back I assumed that there had been nothing to substantiate the rumors or why would he be back?

In retrospect, he had to be pretty dumb or desperate to try anything after he was allowed back.

This was a major embarrassment for him. I hope he learns from it.
Old February 15th 2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara. View Post
not according to grace!
Yeah, no kiddin'!

She is a grown woman (according to her profile)...my age! Fuck! How can people in this modern age still take on the mentality that a girl can be at fault for any emotional/physical/ or sexual abuse/harrassment that they endure?
Unbelievable!!!!!

If this chat room was real life, and we were all together in a real room....Brain would have been arrested (or have had restrianing orders imposed on him) for the things he's done.

It's too bad that the laws revolving the internet are too complex to enforce any criminal charges against someone.

Anyway....that's my opinion. I've been in Uni/college for too long.....and I have taken up a bit of a feminist perspective on things. lol
Old February 15th 2009, 05:36 PM

Post Re: Meet Brian

Quote:
Fuck! How can people in this modern age still take on the mentality that a girl can be at fault for any emotional/physical/ or sexual abuse/harrassment that they endure?
Unbelievable!!!!!
While I agree with the point you are making, it should be pointed out that men can also be the victims of emotional/physical/ or sexual abuse/harrassment from women and in my case, another man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katylalala View Post
Oh by the way I signed you up for a three way with me and Ollie, k? Thx BFF.
]
Old February 15th 2009, 05:41 PM

While we all agree that no one should not be harassed (and especially not teenagers), keep in the back of your mind that there are women who stir up shit on the internet and then run to mods for "protection" and say that they're being targeted for being female. I'm not naming names but you know where I'm going. Mods have a really really tough job.

One of my earliest internet buddies snowed me and I was defending her without realizing the nonsense she had sent to some guys on the board. Turned out she was flat out crazy. That's always in the back of MY mind.
Old February 15th 2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilElvis View Post
While I agree with the point you are making, it should be pointed out that men can also be the victims of emotional/physical/ or sexual abuse/harrassment from women and in my case, another man.

Ohhhh totally. It definately goes both ways!!!!! I agree with you!

I was merley making my point in regards to this specific situation. Victims of abuse, female, male, gay, trans...should never feel to be at fault. Unfortunately, abuse by female victims seems to be the most reported (and most believed by authorities).

I'm so sorry to hear of your abuse
Old February 15th 2009, 05:53 PM

Post Re: Meet Brian

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear of your abuse
Wasn't abuse, I was sexually harrassed by a work colleague.

I was shocked when it happened and after talking to a few work colleagues I was informed I had to see the personnel manager who'd been advised of what happened through some colleagues.

Had I kept some of the text messages I was sent (Nowt lewd just stuff like "Come into work and talk to me, I'm bored" lines) he'd have been sacked.

He got a warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katylalala View Post
Oh by the way I signed you up for a three way with me and Ollie, k? Thx BFF.
]
Old February 15th 2009, 06:00 PM

To me the worst thing is not just the inappropriate sexual stuff, but the fact that several people have said that when they found it creepy or tried to get him to back off, he got incredibly nasty. Yeah nobody likes rejection, but the fact that he would do that suggests to me that he knew how impressionable and young they were emotionally, and that he could try to manipulate them in that way.
That kind of thing when you're that young just sets them up to be mentally/emotionally abused in other relationships. You don't realize at that age that it isn't normal to be treated like that.
strong is the woman who can turn her back on paradise
Closed Thread