Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 13th 2012, 05:50 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Self Titled Japan CD

So I did the unthinkable and unsealed a CD. I needed to scan it. I found lots of cool anomalies compared to the UK CD but most interestingly is that the CD is marked SAMPLE. Would that imply it's a promo version?

http://www.grohlography.co.uk/2012/0...tled-japan-cd/

I'm torn on the whole issue of unsealing things. I want to scan everything in detail but I also have a 1st edition sealed self titled 12". I'm very reluctant to unseal that. Personally, I don't care about sealed. I'd be happy to get rid of this and get an unsealed copy but it also seems really naff unsealing something that someone else would love to have sealed. Do you see what I mean?

What do you think?
Old April 13th 2012, 08:31 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: Self Titled Japan CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronThumbDrew View Post
So I did the unthinkable and unsealed a CD. I needed to scan it. I found lots of cool anomalies compared to the UK CD but most interestingly is that the CD is marked SAMPLE. Would that imply it's a promo version?

I'm torn on the whole issue of unsealing things. I want to scan everything in detail but I also have a 1st edition sealed self titled 12". I'm very reluctant to unseal that. Personally, I don't care about sealed. I'd be happy to get rid of this and get an unsealed copy but it also seems really naff unsealing something that someone else would love to have sealed. Do you see what I mean?

What do you think?
Nice one.
I had the same with my Japan Big Me single. Also got a sample stamp but nothing on the booklet and printing. Maybe some Promo copies are used for the normal cd cases.
Old April 13th 2012, 09:34 PM
Raider of Lost Arks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronThumbDrew View Post

What do you think?
Depends. If you're buying it to sell later on, then maybe. If you're buying it just because you want it, then unsealing it doesn't matter.

Old April 13th 2012, 09:41 PM
Never knowing who to believe

I bought it and it came with a lyrics, but they weren't correct (and none were included for Winnebago and Podunk, the latter of which I'm pretty sure even mentions Nirvana by name in the lyrics.)

Old April 14th 2012, 10:21 AM
I'll Stick Around

That's a promo version. The red and white stickers over the barcodes also indicate that - I have a number of Japanese promo CD's that have them

You can see my music collection here -
http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/darthlemsip/ - It's very much a work in progress, so more stuff will be added as I get round to it! (Needs quite a bit adding now)