Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 17th 2014, 07:03 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default 1996 Tour Questions

Hi all,

I'm a big fan of the band That Dog, who toured with the Foo Fighters in spring 1996. I was wondering if anybody out there happened to have any That Dog shows from that tour in their collection? I have a poor quality recording of both That Dog's and The Amps' sets from April 9, 1996 (but not the Foo Fighters' set). Perhaps there are more, better sound quality recordings from this tour of either of those openers?

I'd also really love to hear a good quality live recording of Petra Haden singing "Floaty" on that tour. I've seen a couple of clips on Youtube, with one clip having OK sound quality and the other being pretty terrible. Are there any soundboard shows from that tour with Petra singing the song? Or at least good quality audience recordings?

I'd be happy to share anything from my own collection--I don't really have anything in the way of Foo Fighters stuff, but I have a lot of other bands. Anybody who can help out, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old April 17th 2014, 07:12 PM
Cause everyone's just too weird

Default Re: 1996 Tour Questions

Simon would know, but I was really into tape trading back then and I never heard a really good version. But if you're interested in that dog and Petra, be aware also that Petra played violin on Floaty for some shows in '95.
Old April 17th 2014, 07:28 PM
The Sidekick

I don't have any That Dog recordings as I only collect FF, not the openers, but from someone asking about these when FF sets do get torrented they seem to be pretty rare. In fact perhaps you are the guy that asks about them on Dime?

As for Floaty w/ Petra there aren't any SBD recordings from 96 off the top of my head, no. It was cut from the broadcast of 04/03/96, possibly because they didn't have the rights to feature Petra. There are some decent DAT audience recordings though, I'll have to go through and find the best.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 17th 2014, 08:36 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thanks for the info, Simon. I'd love to hear a DAT-sourced version of Floaty with Petra on vocals if you could!

I will post links to the That Dog and Amps sets from 4/9/96 here, even though they're probably only of tangential interest to anybody on this board (and the sound quality is pretty bad).