Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old June 17th 2015, 10:57 AM
The Sidekick

Default Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold? [Threads Merged]

Yes I said that before they were cancelled, there is no way they will be able to re-do them this year. After September would be too late seasonally and before that is too soon logistically, plus they have other dates scheduled already.

As someone said they may now tack some UK dates onto the November tour in different venues but any stadium shows are going to have to wait until next summer.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old June 17th 2015, 10:58 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Default Re: Would there be a chance of reschedule? Even in a year or two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szigig81 View Post
Hi,

my problem is that I've bought the ticket on Viagogo and for almost double price... I have the tickets now, but how will this work? Will I get back the money (guess only the original price of the ticket). Or somebody else will get it (the guy I've bought the ticket from)
same boat - just had an email through to return them for refund. waiting till friday to see what else will be decided but they have to be posted back no later than 24/06 to get the refund x
Old June 17th 2015, 10:58 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold? [Threads Merged]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Usually.See what the announcement is Friday before making any decisions.
Will do, thanks! Hope for the best!
Old June 17th 2015, 11:12 AM
You gotta promise not to stop when I say

Default Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
Fuck me, have you regressed back to being a 12 year old girl. Get a grip MAN
You haven't met my Mum mate!
Old June 17th 2015, 11:15 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie View Post
A F*#KING petition!??? Seriously, you'll never get a FF fan to sign a f*@king petition. Hard core fans know Dave is good for his word and never backs down on a promise. He has brought the very definition of integrity to this business. He has NEVER given fans reason to doubt his intentions or his word. What ever winds up happening, believe me it is MUCH harder on him than any fan. Show some love and send healing thoughts his way…& know that whatever he has to do it's because he HAS to do it…for the long term plans of the band. He knows he can't be short sighted to make a few people happy & possibly end his career early because he didn't take the time to heal. Give love, not threats.
Err yeah the petition I was 100% against....

03/06/95 KCLSU 15/11/95 Brixton 28/05/97 Astoria 29/05/97 Astoria 23/11/97 Brixton 25/11/99 Brixton 04/03/00 Scala 24/08/00 Stratford Rex 26/08/02 Astoria 23/11/02 Wembley Arena 24/08/05 Astoria 17/12/05 Earls Court 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/11/07 02 Arena 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wembley Arena 03/07/11 MK Bowl 11/07/2011 Camden Roundhouse 10/09/2014 Brighton Concorde 2 14/09/2014 Invictus Games 06/09/2015 MK Bowl
Old June 17th 2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cond View Post
same boat - just had an email through to return them for refund. waiting till friday to see what else will be decided but they have to be posted back no later than 24/06 to get the refund x
Was that from Ticketmaster?
Old June 17th 2015, 11:16 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I'm hoping that if we do have to buy anew, that there might be some kind of system set up whereby people who already had tickets get some kind of priority booking, though not sure how this would be policed/managed.

Incidentally, because I went a bit mad and bought extra tickets to see which would give me the best seats, I sold a couple on StubHub (at cost, before I get shot down ), and have had the following message from them:

"At present, the events have not been confirmed as having been cancelled and may be rescheduled. We are closely monitoring this and can assure you that once we have received confirmation as to whether the event will be cancelled out right or just postponed to another date, we will contact you accordingly to advise you.

Remember, you are fully covered by our Fan Protect Guarantee therefore, if the event is postponed and rescheduled to another date, your sale will still be honored however, if the event is cancelled outright, we will coordinate the return of your tickets (if required) so you can obtain your refund from your point of purchase. Please await further contact from us in relation to the event status."

So all may not be lost.......
Old June 17th 2015, 11:16 AM
I don't have a cofee problem.

Default Re: Cancelled Gigs - what's next? What does the future hold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.B.gene View Post
this is blowing my mind man
Bonkers.

03/06/95 KCLSU 15/11/95 Brixton 28/05/97 Astoria 29/05/97 Astoria 23/11/97 Brixton 25/11/99 Brixton 04/03/00 Scala 24/08/00 Stratford Rex 26/08/02 Astoria 23/11/02 Wembley Arena 24/08/05 Astoria 17/12/05 Earls Court 17/06/06 Hyde Park 18/11/07 02 Arena 06/06/08 Wembley Stadium 23/02/11 Brixton 25/02/11 Wembley Arena 03/07/11 MK Bowl 11/07/2011 Camden Roundhouse 10/09/2014 Brighton Concorde 2 14/09/2014 Invictus Games 06/09/2015 MK Bowl
Old June 17th 2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
I'm hoping that if we do have to buy anew, that there might be some kind of system set up whereby people who already had tickets get some kind of priority booking, though not sure how this would be policed/managed.

Incidentally, because I went a bit mad and bought extra tickets to see which would give me the best seats, I sold a couple on StubHub (at cost, before I get shot down ), and have had the following message from them:

"At present, the events have not been confirmed as having been cancelled and may be rescheduled. We are closely monitoring this and can assure you that once we have received confirmation as to whether the event will be cancelled out right or just postponed to another date, we will contact you accordingly to advise you.

Remember, you are fully covered by our Fan Protect Guarantee therefore, if the event is postponed and rescheduled to another date, your sale will still be honored however, if the event is cancelled outright, we will coordinate the return of your tickets (if required) so you can obtain your refund from your point of purchase. Please await further contact from us in relation to the event status."

I like you Hornet!
Old June 17th 2015, 12:17 PM
Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

I had a similar email from GetMeIn! as a buyer they've told me the same that there is not confirmation yet whether they are rescheduling, or cancelled.

If it is cancelled I can only get my money back if the gig is cancelled (not recheduled) and I return the tickets (delivered today, only purchased on Friday!)

Oh and Hi, I'm Jon, and I've been a Foos addict for well over 15 years
Old June 17th 2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon84 View Post
I had a similar email from GetMeIn! as a buyer they've told me the same that there is not confirmation yet whether they are rescheduling, or cancelled.

If it is cancelled I can only get my money back if the gig is cancelled (not recheduled) and I return the tickets (delivered today, only purchased on Friday!)

Oh and Hi, I'm Jon, and I've been a Foos addict for well over 15 years
Let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope for good things!
Old June 17th 2015, 12:21 PM
Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
Let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope for good things!

Worth noting that resellers are starting to stop (maybe pause) sales of Foos Tickets for these dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
As someone said they may now tack some UK dates onto the November tour in different venues but any stadium shows are going to have to wait until next summer.
That while good getting them back in the UK so soon, would be a shame as people who have tickets now wont be guaranteed tickets to new dates as it would have to be a cancel and sell new tickets jobbo

Last edited by Jon84 : June 17th 2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old June 17th 2015, 12:30 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Dear Foo Fighters Customer,

We have just been informed that there might be a slight chance that The Foo Fighters might reschedule their cancelled Wembley dates that were due to take place this weekend to another weekend in August.

Please hold fire on sending your tickets back before the weekend as we are hoping to have more information by the end of the week.

Kind Regards
Double8Tickets
Old June 17th 2015, 12:33 PM
Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machix88 View Post

We have just been informed that there might be a slight chance that The Foo Fighters might reschedule their cancelled Wembley dates that were due to take place this weekend to another weekend in August.

Please hold fire on sending your tickets back before the weekend as we are hoping to have more information by the end of the week.

Kind Regards
Double8Tickets
First two weeks in August are free for the band, and for Wembley on all but the 1st and 2nd.

Hold tight to the rumour mill!
Old June 17th 2015, 12:36 PM
The Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machix88 View Post

Kind Regards
Double8Tickets
They're a third party ticket re-seller, they won't get information before anyone else and what they're saying is highly implausible. Just looks like they're wanting to keep your money for as long as they can.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old June 17th 2015, 12:39 PM
Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
They're a third party ticket re-seller, they won't get information before anyone else and what they're saying is highly implausible. Just looks like they're wanting to keep your money for as long as they can.
But they still have to get the tickets back to the sellers so they can refund if cancelled, they could just be making sure people don't rush into anything.

If there is a rescheduled date, the reseller sites don't refund.

All announcements seem to be indicating there will be further info on Friday. If there was no chance of a reschedule, it would be cancelled, and they'd be asking for tickets back now

Last edited by Jon84 : June 17th 2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old June 17th 2015, 12:40 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Imagine if that stupid kickstarter gig for them to play a gig for the fans happened, and how screwed they would be now
Old June 17th 2015, 12:46 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Was that from Ticketmaster?
No - viafrickingogo
Old June 17th 2015, 12:49 PM
How Do You Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprigpod View Post
Imagine if that stupid kickstarter gig for them to play a gig for the fans happened, and how screwed they would be now
i had tried to forget about all that shit.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 17th 2015, 12:49 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I like you Hornet!

Quote : First two weeks in August are free for the band, and for Wembley on all but the 1st and 2nd.

Would be awesome as my birthday is on 15th!!!
Closed Thread