Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 21st 2015, 10:55 PM
How's that for a slice of fried gold?!

Default Re: Instead of watching Foo Fighters rock Wembley Stadium tonight, I. ....

Got really fucking drunk on Friday and spent Saturday in bed watching TV.
Old June 21st 2015, 11:30 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Instead of watching Foo Fighters rock Wembley Stadium tonight, I. ....

Went to london anyway as had already paid for train tickets, so had a look round natural history museum, went on London Eye and accidently joined the anti austerity protest as we had to walk down where it was happening!
Old June 22nd 2015, 07:59 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Went to see Spamalot at Milton Keynes Theatre. We wanted to do something fun to drown our sorrows and it helped! Got really good last minute tickets. Recommend it if you are a Python fan.
Old June 22nd 2015, 04:23 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I also went to London, with 5 others. We went to Wembley at the moment the Foo's would have played. We mounted the the stairs and stayed up there for a while listening to the Rock am Ring show on a smartphone. It was a very sad moment (and I know a quite sadistic thing to do). It was definitly a strange weekend of wandering around and not being able to hide the disappointment. We did go to Camden town, Soho (thnx for the tip: another Sonic Highways LP version found and 5 Nirvana bootleg LP's from live gigs) Oxford street, and afterwards we went to have a drink near Hide park where we could hear some Blur.

And when we wanted to go back to our room in the hotel 2 policemen followed us to our room but than entered the room in front of ours pulled out 5 bottles of alcohol and said to the guy inside, pack your bags and get out. Apparently he and his mate trashed a lot of stuff in the hotel. They couldn't find the other one until we wanted to enter our room and saw lying a guy on top of our bunk bed totally passed out. Then the cop found a FF ticket for Wembley and said in an understanding way, oh that guy wanted to see the Foo Fighters. When we said that ticket was actually ours the guy was removed and the sheets were cleaned (not that he left any surprises)...

Sunday we went to see the tower bridge out of of misery and to pass on time untill we got our Eurostar back.

It was a strange weekend...

2018 Antwerp
2017 Werchter BE
2015 Lyon FR (fuck terrorism!-cancelled)
2015 Werchter BE(cancelled)
2015 Wembley UK(cancelled)
2012 Pukkelpop BE
2011 Pukkelpop BE(storm-cancelled)
2011 Pinkpop NL
2001 Werchter BE(cancelled)
1997 AB Belgium (cancelled)
Old June 22nd 2015, 04:34 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lien View Post
I also went to London, with 5 others. We went to Wembley at the moment the Foo's would have played. We mounted the the stairs and stayed up there for a while listening to the Rock am Ring show on a smartphone. It was a very sad moment (and I know a quite sadistic thing to do). It was definitly a strange weekend of wandering around and not being able to hide the disappointment. We did go to Camden town, Soho (thnx for the tip: another Sonic Highways LP version found and 5 Nirvana bootleg LP's from live gigs) Oxford street, and afterwards we went to have a drink near Hide park where we could hear some Blur.

And when we wanted to go back to our room in the hotel 2 policemen followed us to our room but than entered the room in front of ours pulled out 5 bottles of alcohol and said to the guy inside, pack your bags and get out. Apparently he and his mate trashed a lot of stuff in the hotel. They couldn't find the other one until we wanted to enter our room and saw lying a guy on top of our bunk bed totally passed out. Then the cop found a FF ticket for Wembley and said in an understanding way, oh that guy wanted to see the Foo Fighters. When we said that ticket was actually ours the guy was removed and the sheets were cleaned (not that he left any surprises)...

Sunday we went to see the tower bridge out of of misery and to pass on time untill we got our Eurostar back.

It was a strange weekend...
How did he get into your room?!
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old June 22nd 2015, 04:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Two possibilities, either the badge was giving access to more than one room (we had the same issue with the closets which you could close of with your room badge. Normally one badge would open one specific door, but we had a badge opening more than one.

The other possibility is that we didn't close off the room well, the door was closing automatically so we didn't check after leaving the first time. After the incident we checked the door and if you only open it halfway the hinge which gives the pressure to close the door wasn't strong enough to get it into the lock.

Since we went into town every one had their money and everything on them so the only thing in the room (inside the locked closets were some LP's and a toothbrush).

So we didn't enter a complaint or anything to the hotel as it might as well be our fault not checking if the door was closed. Anyways, lesson learned.

2018 Antwerp
2017 Werchter BE
2015 Lyon FR (fuck terrorism!-cancelled)
2015 Werchter BE(cancelled)
2015 Wembley UK(cancelled)
2012 Pukkelpop BE
2011 Pukkelpop BE(storm-cancelled)
2011 Pinkpop NL
2001 Werchter BE(cancelled)
1997 AB Belgium (cancelled)
Old June 24th 2015, 06:15 PM
I'll Stick Around

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine was out with some other friends and got so drunk that after falling asleep in the room they had booked, he woke back up, opened another room, and went to sleep in there. As far as I know, this hotel had a different door opening system than the key card system. Either that or the door wasn't locked properly. In saying that, he duly got charged for the extra room anyway.

Me? As I had no ticket anyway, my Saturday went as was likely... I went to an outdoor beer festival and got rained on all day. Was pretty fun.

Hopefully more to follow...
Old June 25th 2015, 02:01 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Had booked flights and hotel in Edinburgh, couldn't get refund so went anyway never having been to Edinburgh before. Oh the sadness as the tram passed Murrayfield on the way in.

Spent the Tuesday walking around Edinburgh Castle which is quite spectacular and plenty to see. Tried to get into a comedy show that night but was booked out.

Spent Wednesday at the Scottish National Museum which had loads of great exhibits including a life size elephant and T Rex skeleton.
Old June 25th 2015, 02:41 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul In Denial View Post
Had booked flights and hotel in Edinburgh, couldn't get refund so went anyway never having been to Edinburgh before. Oh the sadness as the tram passed Murrayfield on the way in.

Spent the Tuesday walking around Edinburgh Castle which is quite spectacular and plenty to see. Tried to get into a comedy show that night but was booked out.

Spent Wednesday at the Scottish National Museum which had loads of great exhibits including a life size elephant and T Rex skeleton.
Pretty much the same for me, stayed near Waverly but spent most of Tuesday at the Zoo with a stop off at murrayfield stadium almost had a tear in my eye until I realized I was a 30 year old man and went back to hugging my stuffed panda toy.the Museum was wonderful. Was the Castle worth the 16?