Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 15th 2010, 10:29 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Dave Grohl and Friends "Helter Skelter (Beatles Cover)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
So you at a club expecting to see band X, but band X is a no show. You are bummed. While you are nursing your drink debating whether or not to leave, in walks one of the world's greatest/most prolific/famous rock stars (your favourite, no less!), who then gets his drunk ass up on stage with a dozen or more of his fellow musician friends on a TINY stage, plays whatever random guitar he can find, bodies are bumping, cords are being unplugged, and he rocks out four great songs, albeit the sound is off, but with GREAT energy and fun, and you want to say his vocals are sub par and fans deserved better.
Well, I changed what I said to avoid being questioned, but okay. Hey, if I was there, just seeing him walk by the bar would have made my night, THAT would have sent me insane. Like, literally, rolling around on the floor insane. I wasn't commenting from the perspective of being there, but of the perspective of being on my computer. Fair play to him, looks like he was having a great time, and i'm sure everyone else there did.

I was more saying about him performing in other shows, there should be good and bad comments to be made judging on what you thought of it, regarding the 'dissing him on the site he pays for being out of line' part, not so much about him having a laugh with his friends in the video posted on this thread.

Last edited by Josh : March 16th 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old March 16th 2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle View Post
So you at a club expecting to see band X, but band X is a no show. You are bummed. While you are nursing your drink debating whether or not to leave, in walks one of the world's greatest/most prolific/famous rock stars (your favorite, no less!), who then gets his drunk ass up on stage with a dozen or more of his fellow musician friends on a TINY stage, plays whatever random guitar he can find, bodies are bumping, cords are being unplugged, and he rocks out four great songs, albeit the sound is off, but with GREAT energy and fun, and you want to say his vocals are sub par and fans deserved better.
Exactly! It was actually really an awesome experience to see Dave just having fun in such a raw setting. Definitely a show I will not forget.
Old March 16th 2010, 03:09 AM
Yawn.

Dude. Seriously get a life. It was at a club that is for about 200 people, standing room. It was an off the cuff performance. Folks can't sing every song perfect. It has nothing to do with whether or not he's a good performer. We already all know that answer (thus posting on a Foo Fighters website).

And, for the record, I fucking hate Beatles covers. But I would have loved to have been there. I'm glad my friends were there and got to see it.
my friend told me i should hve 120 babies tonight and i was like no &*ckiing way man that would ruin ky vagina and it would turn into like a wizard sleeve and flap at every slifght breeze of and babies are way gross
Old March 16th 2010, 03:11 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahrodgers View Post
Definitely a show I will not forget.
Never ever forget! It was amazing.
Old March 16th 2010, 03:40 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
While we try not to get involved when people disagree, it still irritates the fuck out of me when people dis Dave on the website he pays for.

He was:

1. celebrating a friends birthday
2. doing a favor for a friend
3. having some fun

and finally, not really giving a shit what anyone thought about the above three things.

Let's just move on, shall we?
I am new here but this says it all for me..
Old March 16th 2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxy View Post
Dude. Seriously get a life. It was at a club that is for about 200 people, standing room. It was an off the cuff performance. Folks can't sing every song perfect. It has nothing to do with whether or not he's a good performer. We already all know that answer (thus posting on a Foo Fighters website).

And, for the record, I fucking hate Beatles covers. But I would have loved to have been there. I'm glad my friends were there and got to see it.
I... I know. You got the wrong end of the stick, I wasn't saying about that performance. It was cool to see and i'm glad I did, and i'm happy for and envious of everyone who went.
Old March 16th 2010, 03:46 PM

He's talking about the cover itself, not considering the circumstances of that night. And he said it sucks, which is his right and which is true if you omit the circumstances.

Can we move on now?

Milton Keynes II 2011 | Pukkelpop 2011 | Rock en Seine 2011 | Villa Manin 2012 | Pukkelpop 2012 | Reading 2012 | The Forum 2013 (SCP) | Wembley Stadium II
Milton Keynes I 2015 | Köhln 2015 | Rock Werchter 2017 | AccorHotels Arena Paris 2017 | NOS Alive 2017 | Sportpaleis Antwerp 2018 | Olympic Stadium II 2018
Old March 16th 2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
This was your very first comment in the thread:

Sounds like you were dissing it to me.
Yeah but that was before I knew that it was an off the cuff, drunken laugh to do the crowd a favour and have some fun, man, I wouldn't have said anything and gotten everyone so riled up if I had known! Haha. Sorry.
Old March 16th 2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
Well ok, although just watching the video should've been enough to see it wasn't serious. Maybe in the future you should look around before you comment?
Well I didn't think 'suprise set' meant Dave walked into somewhere drunk with some friends and hit the stage haha. Pretty much the epitome of a suprise set! haha, Brilliant.
Old March 16th 2010, 09:04 PM
The Boss

Move on...he said sorry a couple of times now, dead horse beaters!

Follow my dog on Instagram: jackthekeeshond
Old March 17th 2010, 12:57 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

The was a 'Chevy Metal' cover band.
It was a fun filled night... Wiley wasn't sure if he was even going to play, so he didn't bring any of his stuff... but, they dragged him up on stage. I like the bass guitar with the bottle opener on it... it should be a standard on Fender guitars. And if you ever seen 'Chevy Metal'... those are pretty much the same lyrics Taylor sings. The only thing missing was Dange and his out of tune guitar and Taylor giving him grief about it.
And the gal on the stage (not Jessie), I think she works for the Viper Room.
But... they were pretty good... not 'Chevy Metal' good... but a reasonable facsmile.
And gosh... I really hope they play the Topanga Daze, again.