Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 23rd 2011, 12:37 AM
I'll Stick Around

Default Any idea...

...what this is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Foo-Fighters-lim...item4157f1a327

Have not found any info on this. I find it odd the labels are blank.
Old March 23rd 2011, 12:43 AM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Any idea...

It's rare and hard to find.. o_o

FRESH POTS!!!
Old March 23rd 2011, 12:50 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
bootleg shit.
I kind of figured but wanted a 2nd opinion.
Old March 23rd 2011, 03:36 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubzy View Post
It's rare and hard to find.. o_o
redundant redundancy.

no seriously, is there a way to report these bastards? I know people should always check authenticity before buying or biding, but it's just wrong to have people offering these as if it was real, it's something that bothers me a lot.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old March 23rd 2011, 03:56 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Who buys ANYTHING off Ebay from someone with no feedback?
Old March 23rd 2011, 04:06 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highstick088 View Post
Who buys ANYTHING off Ebay from someone with no feedback?
there's that too.
it's the first thing I check when I find something interesting and real-looking.
• Jan 14 2001 - Rio de Janeiro | Jun 24 2006 - Osasco/SP (Jackson United) | Jun 26 2006 - São Paulo (Jackson United) | Apr 7 2012 - São Paulo| Jan 23 2015 - São Paulo | Feb 27 2018 - São Paulo | Feb 28 2018 - São Paulo •
Old March 23rd 2011, 08:29 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas120 View Post
...what this is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Foo-Fighters-lim...item4157f1a327

Have not found any info on this. I find it odd the labels are blank.
Have A Cigar (US Bootleg LP - 2003)
Side A: 1.Sister Europe 2.Win Or Lose 3.Iron And Stone 4.Have A Cigar 5.Make A Bet
Side B: 1.Floaty (2 Meter Sessions) 2.Ain't It The Life (2 Meter Sessions) 3.Next Year (2 Meter Sessions)
4.All My Life (Live at the Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, The Netherlands December, 9th 2002)

White labels - common on bootlegs - nothing strange there at all. I have it, its not shit, quality throughout is actually very good. And it is very rare.

Many here don't like bootlegs, and I can appreciate one aspect in that thinking. For vinyl collectors like me this is a rather nice item.

I was there
Old March 23rd 2011, 08:47 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS View Post
redundant redundancy.

no seriously, is there a way to report these bastards? I know people should always check authenticity before buying or biding, but it's just wrong to have people offering these as if it was real, it's something that bothers me a lot.
On this one I have to totally disagree. There is no mention in the listing of it being anything other than what it is. All the facts are exactly correct. Anyone that slams it is just (for good or bad reasons) ignorant as to what it is.

It's taken all of you no time at all to realise it's not an official release. So if you don't want non-official releases then do what then comes naturally and steer clear of it.

One thing I will add that I think a lot of you dont always consider. There are two kinds of "unofficial" releases. Bootlegs and Counterfeit. This is a bootleg. Its not available one vinyl. The TCATS shit is NOT a bootleg, it is a counterfeit release pretending to be the real thing.

This makes no such claim, never has and never will. Releases like these are often very limited and very good quality. It's like the claim to fame that many rippers make, but here there is an actual item at the end of it of substance.

In the 80's and 90's a lot of effort went into this kind of thing, and almost always to produce the very best result possible. As a result many bootleg vinyl releases are as collectible for a lot of bands as the real releases or even more so.

Anyway I will get off my soap box, it just annoys me that the term bootleg gets sprayed around by people that really don't fully understand what they are referring to.

I was there
Old March 23rd 2011, 01:31 PM
I'll Stick Around

You make some great points FooZealand. I need to remind myself that I used to collect alot of U2 and Rush bootleg cd's "back in the day". Having a good quality vinyl bootleg would be kind of cool.

I would say the only thing keeping me from wanting to bid on that record would be a zero feedback new ebayer. *shrug*
Old March 23rd 2011, 05:21 PM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
On this one I have to totally disagree. There is no mention in the listing of it being anything other than what it is. All the facts are exactly correct. Anyone that slams it is just (for good or bad reasons) ignorant as to what it is.

It's taken all of you no time at all to realise it's not an official release. So if you don't want non-official releases then do what then comes naturally and steer clear of it.

One thing I will add that I think a lot of you dont always consider. There are two kinds of "unofficial" releases. Bootlegs and Counterfeit. This is a bootleg. Its not available one vinyl. The TCATS shit is NOT a bootleg, it is a counterfeit release pretending to be the real thing.

This makes no such claim, never has and never will. Releases like these are often very limited and very good quality. It's like the claim to fame that many rippers make, but here there is an actual item at the end of it of substance.

In the 80's and 90's a lot of effort went into this kind of thing, and almost always to produce the very best result possible. As a result many bootleg vinyl releases are as collectible for a lot of bands as the real releases or even more so.

Anyway I will get off my soap box, it just annoys me that the term bootleg gets sprayed around by people that really don't fully understand what they are referring to.
I wrote that while still bothered by that blue TCATS that got tons of bids and was purchased for a lot more than an official one could be. I just forgot to make it more clear since I wrote it right after that, was still fresh on my mind.

I'm not that contrary to vinyl bootlegs, even said that on that thread that mentioned a TCV yellow bootleg. I said that however contrary that I could be, I would open an exception for them for the fact of them being so rare.
Old March 23rd 2011, 06:53 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
I wrote that while still bothered by that blue TCATS that got tons of bids and was purchased for a lot more than an official one could be. I just forgot to make it more clear since I wrote it right after that, was still fresh on my mind.

I'm not that contrary to vinyl bootlegs, even said that on that thread that mentioned a TCV yellow bootleg. I said that however contrary that I could be, I would open an exception for them for the fact of them being so rare.
Haha, yeah, that blue TCATS that sold the other day was just stupid.
Old March 23rd 2011, 09:54 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolas120 View Post
You make some great points FooZealand. I need to remind myself that I used to collect alot of U2 and Rush bootleg cd's "back in the day". Having a good quality vinyl bootleg would be kind of cool.

I would say the only thing keeping me from wanting to bid on that record would be a zero feedback new ebayer. *shrug*
Yep I wouldnt be so keen based on the feedback alone - thats a separate issue obviously. Thanks for your comments, I tried to be balanced, but I was pretty tired last night when i wrote it lol.

I was there
Old March 23rd 2011, 10:13 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
Looking at the tracks on side A this does appear to be an illegal pirate bootleg though, since they are studio tracks that whoever made this didn't have a right to use. Then the live tracks are taken from a TV show, so why pay for that?
The tracks are found over a number of the singles - Learn to Fly, Next Year etc. None are sourced from a tv show as such. There wouldnt be a bootleg ever released that wasnt illegal or pirate, but the distinction is its not directly trying to rip off the artist by attempting to directly copy their own releases.

I can totally see how someone can say well thats just the same, but to me it isnt. The difference lies in the fact some poor fool gets conned into believing they just spent $100 on a rare official TCATS vinyl release, or doesnt. Looking at this you know pretty quickly its not a true release, just because it so obviously doesnt match and is called something differnt right on the cover. Why pay for a Bootleg? Just because its collectible. Though it does sound pretty good too.

I was there
Old March 23rd 2011, 10:22 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:

I knew you were still in "TCATS mode" - and I was tired as hell when I wrote that, and (you know) I know you were into any vinyl - we were the ones discussing it before like you say. I was pretty tired last night when I wrote all that - so please dont let what I said get to you at all. I wasnt trying to direct it at anyone in particular though it does read like that.

It's all Dave fucking Grohl's fault - I had to be up at 5 am to get a flight from Auckland back to Wellington yesterday to come in and start work lol. Last minute Foo fucking Charity concerts are lethal when you arent in the same damn city

I was there
Old March 24th 2011, 12:12 AM
A star burned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
I knew you were still in "TCATS mode" - and I was tired as hell when I wrote that, and (you know) I know you were into any vinyl - we were the ones discussing it before like you say. I was pretty tired last night when I wrote all that - so please dont let what I said get to you at all. I wasnt trying to direct it at anyone in particular though it does read like that.

It's all Dave fucking Grohl's fault - I had to be up at 5 am to get a flight from Auckland back to Wellington yesterday to come in and start work lol. Last minute Foo fucking Charity concerts are lethal when you arent in the same damn city
oh, don't worry, I didn't take it like that at all, I noticed I wasn't clear on what I said, therefore I totally understand being misinterpreted. indeed we already discussed vinyl before, so I kind have a back story to explain it further.

oh, and being tired from foo concerts is the kind of tired I wish I was, been 10 years since those lads stepped their feet down here, will be there for their epic return.
Old March 24th 2011, 07:48 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
oh, don't worry, I didn't take it like that at all, I noticed I wasn't clear on what I said, therefore I totally understand being misinterpreted. indeed we already discussed vinyl before, so I kind have a back story to explain it further.

oh, and being tired from foo concerts is the kind of tired I wish I was, been 10 years since those lads stepped their feet down here, will be there for their epic return.
Cheers brother, best damn concert Ive ever been to - I posted a thank you on the thread here:

http://bbs.foofighters.com/showthread.php?t=147743

it was such an awesome thing they did -I still really cant believe it, Absolutely HUGE set list - it was like a damn party. Im still buzzing and its now two nights later.

I really hope the limo tour makes it to you

I was there