Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 4th 2011, 06:39 AM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Sacramento

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmenning View Post
Sandy - I was looking for you in row L but didn't find you (between CTE and FF).

Yeah - the crowd was disappointing - at least on our side. Even GA looked a little "still" relative to what I am used to seeing. I think the band was a little disappointed too - Dave didn't talk as much to this crowd - and when he did, he made a few joking jabs.

Regardless - the boys put on a a great show - all worth the trip for sure!
For all Foo fans,
hear ye,
while I agree the boys put on a great show,
also I would say the crowd was generally very excited and lovely and supportive all through the magic set.

Remember, this was a reschedule, so it may be possible that some people came late, or some couldn't reschedule for the night of the 1st up there-
but we were all very happy to hear our beloved Foos and see them up close and personal.

Dave even noted that it was fun and that though it had been a long time- 8 years, they would be back after makin' another record- YEA!!

Even shout outs went out to Rami, a Sacramento connection and there were soo many great moments.

I couldn't upload any of our pics, but the GA was really into it- the music, not the moshin' which was grand,

Of course, I'm glad you got to see em in Phoenix- which appears to have been simply awesome gig as well- very loud there :>

I just wanna say thanks to Los Foo FIghters for comin' to town and givin' us the greatest show we've seen in a long long time,
also,
baby girl thanks Taylor(via his roadie) for the Drumstick- it's precious to her and will be put in a case - [2 grown dudes in front of us actually fought over the other drumstick- breakin' it in the process and one of 'em appeared to hurt his wrist]

Like I said, it was a wild night indeed,
heck, one of the ushers actually accused me, w/ family of smokin' Pot
{I wasn't- someone had told her a dude in a hat was doin that- there was some guys in front of us who were kinda suspect- but like I said- I had a great time just takin' in the whole show,
particularly the great great Rock music{

:>

p.s. Among my fave personal hilights- Taylor's multiple volcanic ultraquick drum solos w/ Dave right in front of the Bass Drum urgin' him along ,

and also amongst the Monster Guitar Riffage durin' Stacked Actors between Dave and Chris,
durin' the last exchange- Dave goin' off as he turned back to run back up the Catwalk/Neck whilst Shifty simultaneously blew us away by slingin' his Axe completely around his back, only to catch it midair and finish off his solo seamlessly, without missin' a beat!!

Again, what a great group of talented musicmakers
cheers
Old November 4th 2011, 08:08 AM
Visiting is pretty...

This show was off the hook. And I was surprised Dave sounds 100000000x better than he does in live videos. My area of GA sucked no one knew the lyrics of any songs and no one was dancing I was the only one in my spot that was dancing my ass off!! Anyways I can't wait til they come back. I have some photos, I'll see if I will upload any
Old November 4th 2011, 03:36 PM
I'll Stick Around

Elayblooze - I was walking right behind your daughter on the way out! How funny...

I noticed the broken drum stick and said "Nice snag!"
Old November 4th 2011, 03:38 PM
I'll Stick Around

Oh yeah - one other fun moment was as they were leaving the stage after Everlong - and Dave ran up behind Taylor and was "this close" to de-panting him. Could have been a joke - but Taylor certainly did a quick step and secured that waistband pretty fast.
Old November 4th 2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah - one other fun moment was as they were leaving the stage after Everlong - and Dave ran up behind Taylor and was "this close" to de-panting him. Could have been a joke - but Taylor certainly did a quick step and secured that waistband pretty fast.
haha! I saw that- Taylor may be the one dude quicker than Dave!
They just appear to be 'Soul Bros." to me- such a fun group!

Old November 4th 2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Elayblooze - I was walking right behind your daughter on the way out! How funny...

I noticed the broken drum stick and said "Nice snag!"
Cooll beans! Yeah, that lil' girl is something else. We were so proud of her, makin' it all the way up to Everlong!
Next tour, maybe we'll do the travelin' and I hope your family gets to see the guys next time 'round!

Cheers
Old November 4th 2011, 10:26 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Vids from the Sac show....enjoy....(:

http://youtu.be/p1yq1FLJkDg

http://youtu.be/S7AK-tMOMpU
Old November 4th 2011, 11:51 PM
I'll Stick Around

Thanks Spree!
Old November 4th 2011, 11:53 PM
Visiting is pretty...

This channel has some good videos from Sacramento

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGetawayMile
Old November 5th 2011, 03:59 AM
I'll Stick Around

Ohhhh... good ones Sandy!

And the Everlong vid on that channel shows Dave going for Taylor's pants at the very end!
Old November 6th 2011, 02:52 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I think it was my 5th or 6th foo show, and while the foo fighters were as good or better than I've ever seen them, the crowd was a serious downer. They were just sucking the air out of the building. So few people were singing and dancing and acting interested... Bunch of lame assess! But as I said, the foos still pulled it off despite the crowd. Real pros
Old November 6th 2011, 06:31 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I wonder where some of you were sitting. I was on the center walkway rail in GA, and there were people singing and dancing all around me. Almost every time I looked around the stadium, I was pleasantly surprised to see most folks in the lower bowl standing.

It wasn't Wembley for sure, but it wasn't the library that some of you are making it out to be.
Old November 6th 2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolo View Post
I wonder where some of you were sitting. I was on the center walkway rail in GA, and there were people singing and dancing all around me. Almost every time I looked around the stadium, I was pleasantly surprised to see most folks in the lower bowl standing.

It wasn't Wembley for sure, but it wasn't the library that some of you are making it out to be.
Completely agree with that,
of course some people have been to more shows so I can't obviously compare, but the locals and reviews, and youtube, plus our own unique experience tell me that Sac. was just an amazing show!

Most of us were completely standing and dancin' our asses off,
and compared to other concerts I'd been to in Oaktown and Bay Area since the 80's- (includin' Rush?!) where most concertgoers 'do not' stand throughout and boogie,
I can confidently say this was a great great night!

cheers
Old November 7th 2011, 01:25 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Our section (floor on Chris' side) was pretty fun. I was probably the craziest, but that's just me. There were a couple women who weren't really dialed into the whole floor section - they were trying to enforce - "I was standing here first, so don't try to go in front of me - even if there is room. I want my space, and I don't want to be pushed." I didn't let them bring me down, though.

This was my first Foos concert - not because I didn't want to ever go - just circumstances (new baby, college finals, not being in Sac), so I was completely stoked! I thought Dave's voice was PERFECT. I think having the break before our show really helped. The band was rockin' and I just cannot stop listening to my CD's! I wish they were still on their west coast leg so I could catch them again. Loved Blackbird, and wish I would have thought to video that.

As for the person who got in trouble for taking a pic That's crazy! People were all over the place taking pics and videos (me included). Bummer!
Old November 7th 2011, 03:40 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2 View Post
As for the person who got in trouble for taking a pic That's crazy! People were all over the place taking pics and videos (me included). Bummer!
Security seemed to pretty pretty cool with photos/video. They were watching closely in my section and would give people a few moments of video before they politely asked them to stop.
Old November 7th 2011, 07:38 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolo View Post
Security seemed to pretty pretty cool with photos/video. They were watching closely in my section and would give people a few moments of video before they politely asked them to stop.
I must be lucky...I was back rail in S.D. and shot the whole thing, no issues. It must be hard for security to stop anyone with a cell/camera nowadays...
Old November 7th 2011, 10:59 PM

we got some bangin' pictures, we made it near side stage- limited mobility,
and even saw them bring the set list out-
couldn't read it =
too far

all good!

cheers
Old November 7th 2011, 11:42 PM
I'll Stick Around