Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 2nd 2014, 04:28 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Question re citi field GA...

Does anyone know or know how I can find out how many GA ticket they have allotted? My boyfriend is freaking out about being stuck in the crowd but was trying to tell him that I'm sure there will be some parts toward the side or back that he can go hang out...
Old December 2nd 2014, 04:43 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Question re citi field GA...

I am also curious as to how many tickets are being sold for GA and how crowded it will be. My wife is also freaking about being in a mosh pit.
Old December 2nd 2014, 05:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

If you guys stay away from the very front against the stage and stay away from the walkway she will be fine maybe we will find them huddled up in a ball by the bathrooms haha

I've been in the pit every time. Even at Madison square garden in the very front. Tell her it doesnt get out of control...everyone was very respectful
Old December 2nd 2014, 05:54 PM
The Sidekick

At any normal Foo show (ie, not in a tiny club) it's only really the very front section(s) that can get rowdy. At any GA show there will always be plenty of space to take a step back and just enjoy the music without any pushing and shoving.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old December 3rd 2014, 01:02 AM
Visiting is pretty...

As others have said, it's usually only the very front of the stage that gets a little crazy, even there isn't too bad. We have GA for Citi, it'll be our first time in GA for the Foo's, but have been in GA for PJ and Metallica. Metallica was no joke, had to take a step back from that one.

If you really worried about GA I'm sure you can work out a trade for good seats with someone.
Old January 30th 2015, 04:02 PM
Visiting is pretty...

So does anyone know exactly how General admission tickets are being sold for Citi field in NY?
Old January 31st 2015, 01:29 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriemel View Post
So does anyone know exactly how General admission tickets are being sold for Citi field in NY?
what do you mean?
Old February 1st 2015, 05:16 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I got GA tickets for the July 15th Citi Field show and also another member of my family got tix for the same show in seats. I was wondering if they are selling a ton of GA and if we would be a mile away from the stage. I am not one for being up on the rail. So if they are selling a lot of GA I will get rid of them and keep the seats. But...if they are not selling a ton of them then I will keep the GA tix. I think the seat tickets are going to be far away from the stage no matter where they are. So, if anyone knows how many GA tix they are selling i would appreciate the info.
Old February 2nd 2015, 02:17 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

I have a question, tried looking for the info on the citi field site but got nothing.

I'm traveling to the US in July and wanna take my 8 year old to see the band (she loves them and is heart broken because she couldn't go to the concert here last night) is the citi show all ages or is there an age restriction and also, does anyone ever take children to the shows? I don't wanna be the only crazy mum who takes her little child to a rock concert!
Old February 2nd 2015, 02:59 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I got GA tickets for the July 15th Citi Field show and also another member of my family got tix for the same show in seats. I was wondering if they are selling a ton of GA and if we would be a mile away from the stage. I am not one for being up on the rail. So if they are selling a lot of GA I will get rid of them and keep the seats. But...if they are not selling a ton of them then I will keep the GA tix. I think the seat tickets are going to be far away from the stage no matter where they are. So, if anyone knows how many GA tix they are selling i would appreciate the info.
I would say they could easily fit at least 1,000 GA on each side of the stage, but who knows?...If you look at the map they only allocate a certain amount of space for GA, so no you won't be at home plate looking at the outfield, it's only a portion of the outfield , which shouldn't be too bad.
Virgin Megastore Times sq. NY 4-25-96, Roseland Ballroom,NY 11-6-97, 3-28-98,Hammerstein Ballroom NY 7-3-03, Madison Square Garden 2-19-08, Ed Sullivan Theater NY " Live on Letterman" 4-12-11, Izod Center NJ 9-26-11, (Sound City Players) Hammerstein Ballroom NY 2-13-13, Ed Sullivan theater NY (HBO Sonic Highways Premiere) 10-14-14, Irving Plaza NY 12-5-14 , Citi Field 7-15-15 , 7-16-15
Old February 2nd 2015, 03:03 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nananirvana View Post
I have a question, tried looking for the info on the citi field site but got nothing.

I'm traveling to the US in July and wanna take my 8 year old to see the band (she loves them and is heart broken because she couldn't go to the concert here last night) is the citi show all ages or is there an age restriction and also, does anyone ever take children to the shows? I don't wanna be the only crazy mum who takes her little child to a rock concert!

I don't think there is an age restriction, I have seen parents take their kids to rock concerts, and if your kid is a true fan and will enjoy the show, who cares what other people think?
Virgin Megastore Times sq. NY 4-25-96, Roseland Ballroom,NY 11-6-97, 3-28-98,Hammerstein Ballroom NY 7-3-03, Madison Square Garden 2-19-08, Ed Sullivan Theater NY " Live on Letterman" 4-12-11, Izod Center NJ 9-26-11, (Sound City Players) Hammerstein Ballroom NY 2-13-13, Ed Sullivan theater NY (HBO Sonic Highways Premiere) 10-14-14, Irving Plaza NY 12-5-14 , Citi Field 7-15-15 , 7-16-15
Old February 2nd 2015, 02:24 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Post Re: Question re citi field GA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckongART View Post
I don't think there is an age restriction, I have seen parents take their kids to rock concerts, and if your kid is a true fan and will enjoy the show, who cares what other people think?
You are right! I was kidding anyway, I don't care if people think I'm a crazy mum, she loves them, probably more than I do! And I want the her first concert to be a Foo Fighters concert. I was just worried cos things are different here, there's always an age restriction, usually 12+ and I haven't been to the US in over 8 years so not sure of how things work.

Good thing is I just got a reply from Citi field and they said is an all ages show, my daughter can't stop smiling Thanks for your reply btw.
Old February 3rd 2015, 10:28 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
I have 2 seated tickets for the 15th Citi Field show and would be very willing to swap. I'm flying to NY especially for the show and was hoping to make the rail. My dad bought the tickets as a graduation surprise but the GA had sold out...

FF: 22.11.02//18.12.05//17.6.06//7.7.07//17.8.07//18.11.07//7.6.08//7.3.11//26.8.12//11.09.14//14.09.14//6.9.2015//19.9.2017//TCV: 17.12.09 TH&CTR: 11.5.10 SCP: 19.2.13

Next show:23/9/2018
Old February 6th 2015, 10:35 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Smile Re: Question re citi field GA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckongART View Post
I would say they could easily fit at least 1,000 GA on each side of the stage, but who knows?...If you look at the map they only allocate a certain amount of space for GA, so no you won't be at home plate looking at the outfield, it's only a portion of the outfield , which shouldn't be too bad.
That makes me a little more inclined to keep the GA tickets. Thank you
Old February 19th 2015, 01:50 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I found out the answer to how many tickets were sold for GA on the field. It is around 7,000-8,000. Way more than I expected.
Old February 19th 2015, 03:05 PM
Everywhere But Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecover View Post
I have 2 seated tickets for the 15th Citi Field show and would be very willing to swap. I'm flying to NY especially for the show and was hoping to make the rail. My dad bought the tickets as a graduation surprise but the GA had sold out...
where are the seats?
Old March 13th 2015, 01:11 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Anyone get their tickets yet?
Old March 17th 2015, 02:17 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
I found out the answer to how many tickets were sold for GA on the field. It is around 7,000-8,000. Way more than I expected.
Source?
Old June 24th 2015, 03:29 AM
im not just another one

hi , i am 14 years old and i want to go to the concert of the 15th july , im traveling and i had the luck that while i am here they are coming , so i am doing everything i can to go and see them , i want to know if i can go alone , or if i need to go whit an adult , please i need an answer , i really want to go and i need to know if i have to buy only one of two tickets .
it is for a good reason that i am doing this , i really like them jajaj , i missed their concert in Bogota a couple of months ago , so this time i want to go
Old June 24th 2015, 03:37 AM
Grave Rohl

I went to my first Foo Fighters show at 15, with other 15 year olds, no parents.
I assume as long as your parents are ok with you going alone, it shouldn't be a problem.
eta: But I'd check with the venue. It should say on the booking page.

Last edited by geo. : June 24th 2015 at 03:54 AM.