Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 3rd 2016, 02:56 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Default Re: 2015 20th Ann Tour Posters

My Gold Foil RFK's for sale - going cheap ---- $5000
Old April 3rd 2016, 03:03 PM
I'm a page torn from a broken spine

I really don't understand the covering of the number either.
Old April 3rd 2016, 04:07 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
My Gold Foil RFK's for sale - going cheap ---- $5000
Haha love it !!
Old April 3rd 2016, 04:12 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattYoung1 View Post
I really don't understand the covering of the number either.
Yeah it's stupid as fuck and I've seen a lot of sellers doing it. It's not like there's some special number that can't be revealed. We know the edition size so what's the big deal?
Old April 3rd 2016, 04:38 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Yeah I just saw those changes independent of your post - it will never sell. I mean hell I'm the only one that will pay crazy money for it - it's the last one I need, and I wouldn't pay more than 500. And people would look at me stupid even then. If s/he did pay more than that then you do it to own it not to resell - otherwise you're just Alice in Wonderland.

You also know right away you're gonna be dealing with the kind of asshole that will make every part of it difficult as possible and be dreadful if there is an issue anywhere along the line. And I still can't for the fucking life of me figure why people cover the number on a one of five poster - unless of course they have 47 number 2's to sell !!!
Well said!! It just pisses me off seeing shit like that when I know there's people like yourself that would truly appreciate this print. Covering the damn number is stupid as fuck!!

Not that it really matters but since these idiots like to hide the number, I've got a pretty good idea which number it is anyway. About the laser Ray numbering, I'm on a Facebook group called "silkscreen poster fans & artists". I posted my laser Ray there and got a couple responses from two other owners. I can tell the majority of the people there are cool and wouldn't jack the price up like that so I doubt it's one of them selling it. Also the seller's location (Pennsylvania) doesn't line up with the owners I'm aware of. So from the info I've gathered, the number is probably 1 or 3. I'm going with 3/5 since I don't think the seller would cover the number if it was number 1 but I could be wrong.

Laser Ray Foil
1/5 - Unknown
2/5 - Facebook group member, Germany
3/5 - Unknown but probably the one up for sale on eBay $1,199
4/5 - Facebook group member, California USA
5/5 - Me

Last edited by Foo_R_U : April 8th 2016 at 05:08 AM.
Old April 3rd 2016, 04:48 PM
Good Grief

Side note, the owner of laser ray 4/5 works shows with Jermaine Rogers and was able to get his hands on a special gem! I tried to buy it but he's smart and won't sell it. Anyway he has OKC Water Drop Foil 1/1

Old April 3rd 2016, 08:40 PM

Wow, that water drop is amazing!
Old April 5th 2016, 09:07 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Wow, that water drop is amazing!
Yeah.... he's so lucky to have the only one in existence

A/P 1/1

Last edited by Foo_R_U : April 8th 2016 at 04:59 AM.
Old April 5th 2016, 09:21 PM
Good Grief

I was eager to find out if i was right about the current eBay laser Ray being numbered 3/5 so I asked the seller and he said its 2/5. So my guess was wrong and that means the poster originally went to Germany and now it's back in the states. It's fascinating to me how many miles some of the posters have traveled and how many times they've changed hands. Seller also explained why he covered the number. He claims it was a gift and he didn't want to offend the person that gave it to him by selling it, fair enough I guess. So for $1,199 you can have the RFK Laser Ray Foil 2/5

Seller's response

A previous owner of Laser Ray 2/5

Old April 6th 2016, 12:13 AM

Wow! Thanks for sharing. That poster definitely has some miles on it.
Old April 8th 2016, 03:08 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_R_U View Post
I was eager to find out if i was right about the current eBay laser Ray being numbered 3/5 so I asked the seller and he said its 2/5. So my guess was wrong and that means the poster originally went to Germany and now it's back in the states. It's fascinating to me how many miles some of the posters have traveled and how many times they've changed hands. Seller also explained why he covered the number. He claims it was a gift and he didn't want to offend the person that gave it to him by selling it, fair enough I guess. So for $1,199 you can have the RFK Laser Ray Foil 2/5
]
Love the fact you KNOW exactly where it went AND have the screen captures Reading the eBay listing again he does actually say up front he's raised the price after rethinking. Same thoughts apply about how over valued it is, but at least he's being all up front about it. Fair enough to try I guess. Leaves me wondering two things: 1) exactly what he paid for it from the original German buyer. 2) How many miles would be on the clock if it came to New Zealand next
Old April 8th 2016, 01:07 PM

I actually purchased a 2014 gig poster from the same guy. He was great to deal with and poster was packaged nicely. It was the New Orleans gig.
Old April 8th 2016, 02:29 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
I actually purchased a 2014 gig poster from the same guy. He was great to deal with and poster was packaged nicely. It was the New Orleans gig.
That's good to know. As of now the only thing I dislike is he got the Laser Ray 2/5 as a gift (free) and he's trying to sell it for $1,199. To me a reasonable starting price would've been $500 - $600 and then be open to offers but I understand it's his print and he can price it however he wants.
Old April 8th 2016, 05:54 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
Love the fact you KNOW exactly where it went AND have the screen captures Reading the eBay listing again he does actually say up front he's raised the price after rethinking. Same thoughts apply about how over valued it is, but at least he's being all up front about it. Fair enough to try I guess. Leaves me wondering two things: 1) exactly what he paid for it from the original German buyer. 2) How many miles would be on the clock if it came to New Zealand next
Haha thanks man, I knew you would appreciate this info! It definitely needs to end up in NZ and at a low reasonable price! After all those miles it will finally rest comfortably and safe I'm on a serious hunt for the gold gem but it's not looking good I'm once again being reminded how rare these x/5 posters are. I mean the gold gem and laser Ray is really x/4 for others searching because I know me and you aren't selling. If you do see 1 of the other 4 gold gems for sale please PM me. Speaking of PMs, I sent you one :-)
Old April 10th 2016, 09:00 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_R_U View Post
Haha thanks man, I knew you would appreciate this info! It definitely needs to end up in NZ and at a low reasonable price! After all those miles it will finally rest comfortably and safe I'm on a serious hunt for the gold gem but it's not looking good I'm once again being reminded how rare these x/5 posters are. I mean the gold gem and laser Ray is really x/4 for others searching because I know me and you aren't selling. If you do see 1 of the other 4 gold gems for sale please PM me. Speaking of PMs, I sent you one :-)
I will certainly let you know if I see one. I offered $400 and got a counteroffer of basically $700. Almost half his inflated price sure, but still way too much - even for me.
Old April 15th 2016, 01:43 AM

Chasing a Ryman poster. What is the most you would pay?

Last edited by MattYoung1 : April 15th 2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old April 16th 2016, 07:54 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Chasing a Ryman poster. What is the most you would pay?
$150 mint if you really really wanted it. $100 to $120 is the real value.
Old April 16th 2016, 09:41 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Had time (and some cash) to do a bit of a catch up today and ask a few sellers some questions. Turned out to be quite productive.

Final Anaheim gig Jim Mazza Foil poster.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272089470334

I really dig this and it's been really under rated in the sales from what I've seen. I'm guessing people were just a bit "postered out" by the end of the tour. It's listed elsewhere at twice the price and more, but has sold for less than I paid. Anyway I got free shipping out of my inquiries for my $110 - and hell yeah it's my fucking number too - 17 of 60. The last gig makes a nice bookend to the first one as well, not to be underestimated for increasing value and sentiment etc.

A bit more "up there" in the collector space: EMEK Portland Heart Foil 35 of 50.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121948843521

No buy now and no offers on the $250 listing - but read to the end and the seller says hey talk to me and if I like what you're saying we can maybe work something out. 7 messages in 10 minutes later - $200 posted. Truth be told he had me won over by the wine bottles lol.

And finally - why do you watch items? Because sellers get tired. Listed on the 1st Feb 2016. "Last updated on Apr 15, 2016 19:15:51 PDT View all revisions". It has sold for less but OK thanks, $199 is good enough for me.

Camden NJ Zoltron Mini Gobstopper
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182010472465

The update just happened and the next best price is $350. So yeah that would have been awesome work on my part if I'd been watching it for 2 months AND had just looked as they dropped the price. But nah truth is I just saw it for the first time tonight in my travels, checked the price, checked the listing date, checked the update date and went uhhhm... swell... sure OK lol.

And for anyone that still doesn't believe in all my harping on about the fact that there REALLY is such a thing as Foo Fighters collecting karma, then get this... it's number 17 as well. You couldn't pay ANY kind of money to make that kind of shit happen yourself.
Old April 16th 2016, 09:58 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

I did start off thinking I'd just grab the Laser Ray - but it's this kind of stuff that shows you why you should be at least moderately sensible lol

17 again... did I ever mention I love this band?

Old April 16th 2016, 12:29 PM

Thank you!

Great grabs on the posters by the way. I agree, the Anaheim poster is a great poster. Still shocks me that you can buy it from the store. What is behind the 17? Just always showing up within your Foo Collection? The Anaheim poster is numbered 17 and the show took place on the 17th... in case you hadn't noticed that.

Quote:
$150 mint if you really really wanted it. $100 to $120 is the real value.