Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 16th 2016, 02:53 PM
Good Grief

Default Re: 2015 20th Ann Tour Posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
I did start off thinking I'd just grab the Laser Ray - but it's this kind of stuff that shows you why you should be at least moderately sensible lol

17 again... did I ever mention I love this band?

All great prints!! Thanks for posting and congrats on the continued Foo karma!!

I've been watching that Zoltron for months at $279 hoping for a price drop. I pretty much gave up and then forgot about it but I'm glad you got it!

Side note... I was shocked to see that Jacknife still has the Ullevi (Leg Break) poster available. According to the site, he only had 40 of them so I'm thinking there's no way almost a year later he has some left. I guess most of us bought from the UK Foo store. Although I already have one framed, I'm thinking about snagging an extra.
http://www.jacknifeprints.com/produc...levi-goteborg/

Last edited by Foo_R_U : April 16th 2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old April 17th 2016, 06:30 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo_R_U View Post
All great prints!! Thanks for posting and congrats on the continued Foo karma!!

I've been watching that Zoltron for months at $279 hoping for a price drop. I pretty much gave up and then forgot about it but I'm glad you got it!

Side note... I was shocked to see that Jacknife still has the Ullevi (Leg Break) poster available. According to the site, he only had 40 of them so I'm thinking there's no way almost a year later he has some left. I guess most of us bought from the UK Foo store. Although I already have one framed, I'm thinking about snagging an extra.
http://www.jacknifeprints.com/produc...levi-goteborg/
And that's what's crazy - only by you posting this do I know what s/he dropped the Zoltron price by - I could find the listing date in the search by newest, and that the Buy Now was just edited (from the listing) but there is no price history kept. I simply hadn't been following any of them for several months as I'd only be depressed i couldn't bid. Now I can and there it is - total luck no skill at all there lol

Totally agree on the Ullevi - I saw JN still had some in Dec which surprised me then. As I recall they were 20 on the UK store. To anyone outside the UK the Uk store has pretty good cheapish postage,certainly compared to the US store. So I bought two there and they did seem to have a good number, they were up a fair while. I guess with 400 available you couple everyone that wanted one buying from the store plus the fact it wasn't a gig many people outside Sweden actually went to plus Jacknife not being super well known outside poster circles and they have sat. I knew I wanted a pair from the start so I got sequential numbers.
Old April 17th 2016, 07:44 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattYoung1 View Post
Thank you!

Great grabs on the posters by the way. I agree, the Anaheim poster is a great poster. Still shocks me that you can buy it from the store. What is behind the 17? Just always showing up within your Foo Collection? The Anaheim poster is numbered 17 and the show took place on the 17th... in case you hadn't noticed that.
Might be underselling the Ryman a bit - maybe 110 to 140 is good, 160 max. But somewhere around there. As with all these things one will pop up at $75 sooner or later because people do buy at cost at the gig and sell later when they just need the money more than the poster etc. There's a hatch on eBay too - but he wants $500 which is $200 too high.

The 17 thing just happened over the SH tour. I haven't counted exactly but it was around 5 or 6 posters that I ended up with all numbered 17 - at least 2 or 3 came from the US store itself. Then the key arrives numbered 17. And these two on the same day. I haven't gone looking for the number at all - didn't even play a part in the ones yesterday - they were the foils I wanted at the right price. I wouldn't want to run the odds (exact number 17 out of xxx total over and over zzz times) - the odds would probably be scary.

I did notice Anaheim being the 17th (I save all the listings I win etc), but never considered it being relevant. While I was looking at the foil last night I spotted an Artist Print at $45 with offers and offered $39. I didn't "click" the print was on the store at $30, so when I read your post today I went "great, you're an idiot, you just unkarma'd yourself - and paid too much" lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331692693354
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...m=331692693354

Then I realised I changed my eBay shipping address to NZ (for the SH signed vinyl I won) and forgot to change it back to my US shipping agent - that I had deliberately selected for the offer as they only wanted $6.00 to ship in the US (hence offering $39 to get free US shipping at $45 total). Oh awesome I think, it will now be an eBay global shipping program postage fee of around $30 US...

Open the invoice expecting my stupidity to be duly rewarded to find hey thanks First Class International postage is $15. Pay the $54 and go OK that's actually even better than paying through the US agent so that's cool.

Then look at the store poster - and look properly at the listing description.

Store says:
Official poster from the show at the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA on October 17, 2015. Poster is individually numbered and designed by Jim Mazza. 18" x 24".

So store poster is numbered, but doesn't say out of how many. My listing is numbered AND signed out of 75. Look at several current eBay listings - and find seller geecue has both:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272064513636
Artist: Jim Mazza
Signed by artist: No
Hand numbered: Yes, from a limited edition of 425

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361470191847
Artist: Jim Mazza
Signed by artist: Yes
Hand numbered: Yes, from a limited AE edition of 75

So apart from the prices being way higher (80 & 90), I guess the $30 store version is the 425 numbered event print. My seller relisted the 75 AP & bumped the price to $50 (with offers - and good Int shipping - as I found out lol):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301931279675

Looks like I lucked out again and paid $39 for an Artist Print. I guess they were snapped up in quantity by a few buyers direct from the artist but if totally fucking up twice gets me the best print at the best price with the best shipping - maybe the 17th date is important after all.
Old April 17th 2016, 08:00 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

After that rant...

Here's a useful eBay tip for anyone that doesn't know.

Most people know that you can look at eBay items that have had offers. But the US site will only tell you an offer was accepted and the scrambled user name. The UK site will also tell you how much it sold for. I think it might be a UK legal requirement but it makes quite a difference and can be really helpful when you are looking at these high priced posters:

Here's my $39 poster. To confuse things further, on the US site the original listing lies and says it sold for the original buy Now of $45. So watch that too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331692693354

Offer US:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=331692693354

Offer UK:
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...m=331692693354

To use just save those URL's and replace the 331692693354 listing number with the item number you're looking at. You can then tell if it actually sold on offer, and if so, for how much.
Old April 17th 2016, 09:01 PM
I'm a page torn from a broken spine

Yes, I have been watching both hatch prints from the show on eBay. At one time they were both at$600. One just dropped it down to $500.

I missed out on the other Ryman poster a couple weeks back, it went for $150.
I have messaged the other two and they will not drop below $225-$250.

You did luck on out such great prints. The key is also an amazing collectors item. Some one just posted their key/letter on eBay last night. Hard to imagine selling that.
Old April 17th 2016, 11:25 PM
Have you found your way around

Quote:
Yes, I have been watching both hatch prints from the show on eBay. At one time they were both at$600. One just dropped it down to $500.

You did luck on out such great prints. The key is also an amazing collectors item. Some one just posted their key/letter on eBay last night. Hard to imagine selling that.
was going to mention that, but honestly wouldn't pay that much for it - hope it drops in price after not selling so we can have a scrap for it. doubt it though.

still waiting to find another rfk craola print
Old April 18th 2016, 12:04 AM

I just don't think I could ever part ways with it.

I have been watching for it for you. Hopefully one will pop up soon.

Last edited by MattYoung1 : April 18th 2016 at 12:08 AM.
Old April 18th 2016, 05:21 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
was going to mention that, but honestly wouldn't pay that much for it - hope it drops in price after not selling so we can have a scrap for it. doubt it though.

still waiting to find another rfk craola print
Yeah those RFK prints have certainly become one of the rarer ones in terms of availability. One will turn up though there were quite a few.

The seller with that key is no band fan as far as I can tell - as that's one of the sellers that has sold a ton of posters etc off the site and elsewhere. I'd say he's just flicking it to make still more money. He can't be all that interested in it if he hasn't even turned the box over to see its numbered out of 50 lol. And um the ones with the packages were pewter - I don't believe this one is.
Old April 19th 2016, 03:20 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
And that's what's crazy - only by you posting this do I know what s/he dropped the Zoltron price by - I could find the listing date in the search by newest, and that the Buy Now was just edited (from the listing) but there is no price history kept. I simply hadn't been following any of them for several months as I'd only be depressed i couldn't bid. Now I can and there it is - total luck no skill at all there lol
From memory, I first saw that Zoltron for $349 and started watching it because it was the lowest price at that time. I remember seeing it drop to $299 after a couple of months and thought ok good, it's getting closer to a deal. Then it later dropped to $279 and I almost bought it but I told myself to wait. Well, I forgot about it but it's in good hands now

Also, Thanks for the Ebay tip!

Quote:
Yeah those RFK prints have certainly become one of the rarer ones in terms of availability. One will turn up though there were quite a few.

The seller with that key is no band fan as far as I can tell - as that's one of the sellers that has sold a ton of posters etc off the site and elsewhere. I'd say he's just flicking it to make still more money. He can't be all that interested in it if he hasn't even turned the box over to see its numbered out of 50 lol. And um the ones with the packages were pewter - I don't believe this one is.
You know... That's the one thing that bothered me about the keys being given to the top 50 spenders because I knew some of the ebay flippers would get one. As you pointed out, the seller isn't a fan. Nate's letter is basically saying thanks for being a loyal fan and supporting us but this person's thinking " Oh no I'm not really a fan but thank you guys so much for the extra money I've made off your merch."

Just so you guys know, I won't be bidding on that key. I'm not supporting this ebay flipper. Yes, I've bought several posters from flippers but this is different. The key is a gift and was meant to be sent to a loyal fan that would cherish it and understand it's priceless value. This person is just looking to make more money off of something he/she didn't deserve in the 1st place. Nope, not supporting that but I do hope it ends up in the hands of a true fan!

Last edited by Foo_R_U : April 20th 2016 at 02:58 AM.
Old April 20th 2016, 11:22 AM

I have to agree. I will not bid on the key either. I didn't earn this gift. It wouldn't have the same meaning to me as it would to some one who actually earned this.

Quote:
From memory, I first saw that Zoltron for $349 and started watching it because it was the lowest price at that time. I remember seeing it drop to $299 after a couple of months and thought ok good, it's getting closer to a deal. Then it later dropped to $279 and I almost bought it but I told myself to wait. Well, I forgot about it but it's in good hands now

You know... That's the one thing that bothered me about the keys being given to the top 50 spenders because I knew some of the ebay flippers would get one. As you pointed out, the seller isn't a fan. Nate's letter is basically saying thanks for being a loyal fan and supporting us but this person's thinking " Oh no I'm not really a fan but thank you guys so much for the extra money I've made off your merch."

Just so you guys know, I won't be bidding on that key. I'm not supporting this ebay flipper. Yes, I've bought several posters from flippers but this is different. The key is a gift and was meant to be sent to a loyal fan that would cherish it and understand it's priceless value. This person is just looking to make more money off of something he/she didn't deserve in the 1st place. Nope, not supporting that but I do hope it ends up in the hands of a true fan!
Old April 20th 2016, 12:43 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:

I'm pretty sure then that I saw it first listed too as that price seems familiar. I just never looked further on any of them as I had no ability to bid (nor huge desire at that price) - so I never noticed the number. I know it's a really awesome print - (if you can call it that being velvet flecked etc) so yeah it ends up being one of those "oops, sorry - and thanks for being so gracious" collector moments. It goes around though trust me

Quote:

It's a TRULY hard call. Do you try and do something special out of the goodness of your heart for your fans, or do you do nothing. If you do something how do you do it? Selling something special and signed worked pretty well for the 250 special edition plaque/lithograph sets for Wasting Light, but they went a different way for SH (and made a well deserved better return on it) with a few signed copies of the box - and that could have been another 100 even (we just don't know).

Giving away 50 keys you have to have a way to do it - you can't just use most concert goers, you would exclude everyone outside the US. You can't use most posters on the board. I guess they had a chat and said hey fire them out to the biggest spenders over a certain time we can understand relates to them really following the merch. Most will be real fans - and the rest might resell, but that's gonna happen anyway - and then other fans may get a chance - coz even fan 51 is going to be pissed off under the most perfect system... you can't win. Or we can do nothing... but we're the fucking Foo Fighters - so that's not an option...

So I WILL be bidding just because there are only 50 of the damn things. And if I do win it won't be hard to tell. And it will go up on the board in a contest of some kind and get given away free to a board member that other board members agree deserves it. Because it should be about karma and not about money - and it's just too fucking hard to put that on the band directly. So yeah, they have plenty of money. But it's really hard to give away appropriate karma with your "gift".

So some will maybe rightly say, dude you just bought your karma. And yeah, there is money involved and yeah it's quite big money in some of this shit. But can you call yourself a fan and a collector if you have the money and you do nothing but look at a bank balance? I say bullshit. And if you throw your money away just because you have it I say bullshit as well. It might sound crazy to some but it actually becomes really hard just working out the balance. And maybe that's exactly why I feel for the band so much (because it's the same problem just in a different way).

So here's how I deconstructed a final nail in a coffin I really needed to bury.
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...m=231887582741

$1000 - he's nuts. Increases it to $1300 - I think everyone that looked was laughing. He wouldn't accept $400, countered with $675 - too much for me. Came back with $400 (by eBay mail) after sev days saying he needed the money. Was seriously bad timing on the $ after last weekends splurge, so I offered $350. He mailed and declined. I said OK. Then thought about it for 15 minutes or so. You're maybe killing your whole collection for $50? This isn't about one poster. Fuck it, done.

And look - I sound harsh... but most of that is prob truly aimed at me. He's been a really nice guy. He has what I want. I have what he wants. It's just about agreeing and not pissing each other off and both being happy. I'm pretty sure we got there and it will all go well. But yeah, no way does it become an easy thing to do, unless you are prepared to just throw stupid money around - and it's stupid enough when you look at it. But there is real effort and care involved (money aside) in getting to this kind of goal. I just wanted to share that along with the result.

FooZealand: The first asshole with all eight Rogers standard release RFK 20th Anniversary Dave Harpies poster variants, plus an Artist Proof.

1) Gig
2) Artist Print
3) Shattered Foil
4) Fireworks Foil
5) Gold Gem Foil
6) Laser Ray Foil
7) Orange Cream
8) Frosty Blue
9) Artist Proof

Non Standard to get:
10) Brushed Metal Foil (These five people need an eBay account...)
11) Water Drop Foil (This dude needs to upgrade his security system lol)
12) Shattered Foil Artist Proof (This guy already knows he's expecting a visit... )
Old April 20th 2016, 03:50 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
It's a TRULY hard call. Do you try and do something special out of the goodness of your heart for your fans, or do you do nothing. If you do something how do you do it? Selling something special and signed worked pretty well for the 250 special edition plaque/lithograph sets for Wasting Light, but they went a different way for SH (and made a well deserved better return on it) with a few signed copies of the box - and that could have been another 100 even (we just don't know).

Giving away 50 keys you have to have a way to do it - you can't just use most concert goers, you would exclude everyone outside the US. You can't use most posters on the board. I guess they had a chat and said hey fire them out to the biggest spenders over a certain time we can understand relates to them really following the merch. Most will be real fans - and the rest might resell, but that's gonna happen anyway - and then other fans may get a chance - coz even fan 51 is going to be pissed off under the most perfect system... you can't win. Or we can do nothing... but we're the fucking Foo Fighters - so that's not an option...
Sorry, I meant to clarify that I'm in NO way bothered or upset with Nate/band for giving those away. In fact I'm overly thrilled and I thought it was bad ass. I completely understand there was no way to make sure only the real fans got one. My issue is solely with the flippers and I was just stating that I wasn't supporting one of them in this case. Honestly if the seller started the bid low ($9.99 or less) then I wouldn't have cared so much but starting it at $149 is a clear indication of looking to profit. Yeah I know it's worth more than $10 but I'm focused on the principal here. He/she was awarded with a special key that they didn't deserve and is now looking for continued profit. Think about it.... This person had to spend a lot of money on merch to get that key (maybe $2,000). So if he/she is a true fan and needs money then they should have a shit load of other items they could sell....well... unless you've already sold it all

Hmm he's also selling the numbered not signed Anaheim Skull Show Poster for $60 plus shipping. Thats twice as much as the original price and it's still available on the Foo store $29. He is a flipper indeed.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foo-Fighters...EAAOSw8-tWabsU

I applaud your stance on this and that would be awesome if you or someone else is able to do a contest with it!

Quote:
FooZealand: The first asshole with all eight Rogers standard release RFK 20th Anniversary Dave Harpies poster variants, plus an Artist Proof.

1) Gig
2) Artist Print
3) Shattered Foil
4) Fireworks Foil
5) Gold Gem Foil
6) Laser Ray Foil
7) Orange Cream
8) Frosty Blue
9) Artist Proof

Non Standard to get:
10) Brushed Metal Foil (These five people need an eBay account...)
11) Water Drop Foil (This dude needs to upgrade his security system lol)
12) Shattered Foil Artist Proof (This guy already knows he's expecting a visit... )
Bullshit, I had all these a few months ago! Haha you know I'm lying my ass off and I'm still missing several Congrats to you my friend! It's been a long journey and it's certainly worth the time/effort you've put in!

The Non-standards are nice to haves. Seems like we're never gonna see one of those brushed metal foils. I emailed Jermaine about the water foil and never heard back. It's possible he still has it. I'm gonna tell the guy with the shattered A/P to keep an out

Last edited by Foo_R_U : April 20th 2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old April 20th 2016, 04:52 PM
Fooper!

Can anyone post the link for the key? I am not bidding (spent too much on LV!) and am quite sure it will go for silly money!
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old April 20th 2016, 05:15 PM
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Can anyone post the link for the key? I am not bidding (spent too much on LV!) and am quite sure it will go for silly money!
Here!
Old April 20th 2016, 05:15 PM
Good Grief

Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foo-Fighters...AOSw14xXEt7 t
Old April 20th 2016, 05:37 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Cheers. Be intersesting to see how much Foo zealand pays for it!
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old April 20th 2016, 10:58 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

Quote:
Might be underselling the Ryman a bit - maybe 110 to 140 is good, 160 max. But somewhere around there. As with all these things one will pop up at $75 sooner or later because people do buy at cost at the gig and sell later when they just need the money more than the poster etc. There's a hatch on eBay too - but he wants $500 which is $200 too high.
Quote:

Those hatch prints were $20 each if I remember correctly. Maybe $30. They only print 200-250 per show. I've got one for almost every show I've attended at the Ryman. $500-600 though is absurd. I can see $200-250 which is what a lot go for. I got 2 that night and need to frame them. Probably need to get them out of the poster tube.

The guy selling that key is stupid. He obviously is no fan. I'll never sell mine. My relatives might one day, but not before I die. It has a special number.
Old April 21st 2016, 03:54 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Bullshit, I had all these a few months ago! Haha you know I'm lying my ass off and I'm still missing several Congrats to you my friend! It's been a long journey and it's certainly worth the time/effort you've put in!

The Non-standards are nice to haves. Seems like we're never gonna see one of those brushed metal foils. I emailed Jermaine about the water foil and never heard back. It's possible he still has it. I'm gonna tell the guy with the shattered A/P to keep an out
It's all good - I totally understood what you meant about the key. I wasn't actually replying to "you" as much as I was having a little rant in general. I think they got it pretty much dead right with the key. Maybe a few at random as well might have been good.

It has been a long journey - I honestly never expected to see the Laser come up again after seeing two sold. Time to add another 7000 miles to its clock lol.
Old April 21st 2016, 04:05 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let It Die View Post
Those hatch prints were $20 each if I remember correctly. Maybe $30. They only print 200-250 per show. I've got one for almost every show I've attended at the Ryman. $500-600 though is absurd. I can see $200-250 which is what a lot go for. I got 2 that night and need to frame them. Probably need to get them out of the poster tube.

The guy selling that key is stupid. He obviously is no fan. I'll never sell mine. My relatives might one day, but not before I die. It has a special number.
Yeah it's a nice print in it's own way - but more art / design nice than startling image wow nice... but it's a hatch, so everyone that collects goes wow / "over the top". It won't be one I ever chase after. I want an LA forum foil 100 times more than that.

Na you're relatives can't sell it. That's the key that gives them access to bury your coffin in Dave's basement!
Old April 21st 2016, 11:17 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Cheers. Be intersesting to see how much Foo zealand pays for it!