Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Tour Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 3rd 2017, 06:55 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Angry Tampa LiveNation Sales

It's pretty sad, that after 12 years, FF finally comes back to Tampa, and there were NO tickets available for the Public OnSale! LiveNation sold all of the tickets (except horrible lawn seats) during the THREE presales!

It really is unfair. Now I have a very upset teenager who really wanted FF to be his first concert. With no tickets, he can't go.

NOT happy with how this whole Tour sale went down!
Old November 3rd 2017, 07:47 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: Tampa LiveNation Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelBell9 View Post
It's pretty sad, that after 12 years, FF finally comes back to Tampa, and there were NO tickets available for the Public OnSale! LiveNation sold all of the tickets (except horrible lawn seats) during the THREE presales!

It really is unfair. Now I have a very upset teenager who really wanted FF to be his first concert. With no tickets, he can't go.

COULDNT agree more..true fans HATE the lawn. I'm skipping it because i can only get lawn
Old November 3rd 2017, 08:43 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

I mean, I'd sit in nosebleed obstructed view if that's all I could get.
Old November 3rd 2017, 09:03 PM
Visiting is pretty...

this sucks. a $91 ticket is $260 from a ticket broker. does the band condone this type of gouging?
Old November 3rd 2017, 09:09 PM
The finder of things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy_frank View Post
this sucks. a $91 ticket is $260 from a ticket broker. does the band condone this type of gouging?
When the band tried to do something to stop this in the UK they were raked over the coals for being uncarring towards the fans.

This is a no win for them.
Old November 3rd 2017, 09:21 PM
Visiting is pretty...

guess the days of PJ's anti-ticketmaster tour are long gone.
Old November 3rd 2017, 10:55 PM
Ready on your mark

Good god, they tweet out a heads-up that the shows aren't sold out, they go in and kill any sales they know are bots or resellers, they do a Beat The Bots sale, they set up that thing with Twickets, and so many other things to ensure people have the best chance to score tickets, yet people still whinge their tits off and blame them for the world ending. Like Dave Grohl personally has a vendetta against True Fans™. Get a grip.

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018
Old November 3rd 2017, 11:51 PM
Visiting is pretty...

First Foo concert - tried for pit each time but nothing. Got booted refreshing Live Nation a few times. Bots won this one. If anyone has two tickets, would gladly pay - live five minutes from venue.

RUN.
Old November 4th 2017, 06:08 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matineeidyll View Post
Good god, they tweet out a heads-up that the shows aren't sold out, they go in and kill any sales they know are bots or resellers, they do a Beat The Bots sale, they set up that thing with Twickets, and so many other things to ensure people have the best chance to score tickets, yet people still whinge their tits off and blame them for the world ending. Like Dave Grohl personally has a vendetta against True Fansô. Get a grip.
That's great and all, but who has time to sit in front of their computer all day and wait for tickets that have been cancelled to mysteriously show up on Live Nation. There are things the band could have done prior to the tickets going on sale that could have helped fans get tickets but they chose not to do it for whatever the reason. They could have had unique single use passwords for the presale so that scalpers would have less access to the presale codes. They could have used ticketless entry for the majority of the tickets sold so that you have to use the credit card which was used to purchase the tickets to gain entry to the venue. Or they could have used Verified Fan or something similar to randomly assign codes to purchase tickets. Look I realize there is no way for everyone to get tickets or for everyone to be happy but it appears to me that the band took a business as usual attitude toward the tickets sales for this tour when they should have known that demand was going to be very high especially in places they haven't been to in a decade.
Old November 4th 2017, 06:31 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Thumbs down Re: Tampa LiveNation Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelBell9 View Post

, Iíve waited 10 years and was willing to go all out to enjoy not only this band but my HEROES. I was logged on the computer 30 minutes before every presale and every single one was the same. No close seats. Only in the upper sections.
Old November 4th 2017, 06:44 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I know its rough when you cant get a close spot but there are a few options. you can always drive or fly to a further show with more spots available, which while an inconvenience would defiantly be worth it. otherwise if there are literally no other shows with good spots if you get a day pass for a festival where if you work for it you can guarantee yourself a great spot. at the end of the day when there is so much demand for a band there really is only so much that band can do to help people get tickets and I think the burden more so lands on us to put effort in
Old November 4th 2017, 06:55 PM
Colors inside the lines

They aren't our favorite little band anymore. They are big, huge even. I'm sorry so many were shut out, but I'm thrilled for the band.

PS. I was also shut out until a friend offered my her +1. As the dates approach, watch for a ticket drop, try to win tickets or go to the dreaded StubHub or use TM reseller and maybe prices will decrease. There are always people who can't go at the last minute.

*wears a helmet at all times*
Old November 4th 2017, 09:54 PM
Ready on your mark

Yeah, they 'chose' not to do it to keep out the little guys like us. Right.

I think this tour had more presale opportunities than others before it (just from an outsider's POV, anyone got concrete info?). Between all that and Twickets, this idea that the band in particular is giving their fans the bum steer has got to go. Ticketmaster etc. have got a lot to answer for, but ease up.

Adelaide / Sydney, 2011
Brisbane / Sydney / Adelaide, 2015
Gold Coast, 2015 (Chevy Metal)
Philadelphia, 2016 (Chevy Metal)
Sydney, 2017 (Chevy Metal)
Adelaide / Brisbane / Sydney, 2018

Last edited by matineeidyll : November 4th 2017 at 11:18 PM.