Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 28th 2018, 10:12 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default A word of warning for the males over 30

But of a lengthy one, but I just thought I would put a word of warning out to anyone that is male and over 30 who are attending a foo fighters gig...
Imagine, driving 300 miles to go and see one of your favourite bands... turning up on a Friday to go and watch Dave and co rock and turning up at a hotel just to turn and leave straight away to go and catch a train that you have no real concept of how they work or where they are actually going.
Youíre excited, youíve had a little to drink... you turn up at the stadium in time to watch Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes explode on to the stage... you find a new banks that you didnít know much about, but man... they killed it! You wait... next band... they finish... you start to feel the need to pee... but you hold it... Dave will be here soon and Iíve got a pretty awesome spot... Iíll hold it... itíll be fine... they wonít play for that long. Iíll have a little more to drink and just stand here... Out come the Foos... I have forgotten about my need to pee... this is fine.

Holy shit... 2 and a half hours of pure explosions and excitement. Did I move? Did I fuck!
It continued... and it went on and on... oh wait, now Taylor is in the sky.
Itís 9:30... theyíll be done soon.
Nope; not even close. Time dragged on... another hour passes. They are still going. This is the best night ever...
They finish... they come back on again... another 2 songs to destroy a stadium.
Now itís done, the crowd move to the exits which takes about the same amount of time to get your call answered by British Gas... I finally find a toilet and go.

Now, most times this would be the end of the story... an amazing night was had, I didnít get stabbed in London and the trains still confuse me but I got back without accidentally entering that many people on the tube.

Fast forward to Monday night...

One of my testicles, the right one (my favourite one) has for some reason swollen to 3 times the size it should be...
I rush to the hospital with what feels like one of the beach balls that was being thrown around at the gig now attached to me and causing some serious pain...

I have a semi severe infection in my right bollock caused by a urine infection from holding it in...

Dave... you broke me. But holy shit what a showman.

Would I do it again? I plan to at the Queens of the Stone Age gig at Eden project...

The moral of the story... if youíre over thirty, and planning on going to a Foo Fighters gig... do what you tell your kids to do before each long car journey... Just go and have a little try... because if you donít, it really fucking hurts and you could lose a bollock... possibly your favourite one...
Old June 28th 2018, 10:28 AM
How Do You Do

Default Re: A word of warning for the males over 30

I planned on getting to the front of the pit on Friday, and stay there. That's why I didn't drink any alcohol before/during the show. I sipped water they were handing out at the front.

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 28th 2018, 10:34 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I never want for this to be taken as me being ungrateful. I had an amazing time, but with children I donít really ever find the time to go to gigs so I guess I was thoroughly unprepared! Honestly, it was amazing! Best way to spend a honeymoon! Our first dance was to ďMy HeroĒ so to be so close to him as he played that was amazing. I hope you had an amazing time, as we did.
Old June 28th 2018, 03:04 PM
FooArchive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcmcleod View Post
I got back without accidentally entering that many people on the tube.
I don’t know what you usually do when you visit London, but that isn’t the done thing.

edit: funny enough at the Etihad last week I actually tweeted that I’ve reached an age where I now need the toilet mid-gig. however I timed it correctly and only missed the noodling during The Pretender.

"FooArchive? It's a wealth of information." - Dave Grohl

Last edited by pjonze : June 28th 2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old June 28th 2018, 04:10 PM
Visiting is pretty...

I donít think itís that difficult to accidentally enter someone when the trains are as packed as they are around there... It was an experience for someone that lives on the tip of Cornwall... crowds like that never really happen! And trust me, I wish I did ďhave a tryĒ... still suffering pretty badly right now...
Old June 28th 2018, 04:27 PM
How Do You Do

Do you really mean "enter someone" ?!

Admin @FooFightersUK
Old June 28th 2018, 05:15 PM
Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North

wait in line all day, don't drink much. Get your place on the rail, have a friend hold your place while you go & pee and do the same for them (possibly buy a t shirt at this time) stand there for the next 5 hours.
chew gum, only sip water. Drink a lot of water after the show

haven't lost a testicle yet
Old June 28th 2018, 05:54 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaInVA View Post

haven't lost a testicle yet
My favourite quote ever...
Old June 29th 2018, 08:44 AM
Have you found your way around

I was in the pit both days in London and the back of it had plenty of space so my brother and I just took it in turns to leave the pit and visit the gents before getting the next round in.

We took it easy during the supports - second day we sat in the unreserved seating until it was time to move for the Foos.
The Alarm, Glasgow, May
Iron Maiden - Newcastle, May
Iron Maiden - Glasgow Hydro, May
Kiss - Glasgow Hydro, May
Guns 'N' Roses - London, June
Old June 29th 2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I never want for this to be taken as me being ungrateful. I had an amazing time, but with children I donít really ever find the time to go to gigs so I guess I was thoroughly unprepared! Honestly, it was amazing! Best way to spend a honeymoon! Our first dance was to ďMy HeroĒ so to be so close to him as he played that was amazing. I hope you had an amazing time, as we did.
Obviously, your health is important too though, so I'm glad that looks like it's going to work out there in the long run!

But yeah, it certainly helps to come in at least a little prepared for these types of shows. If Iím doing GA and plan on either lining up or the show being 3+ hours long, I tend to avoid drinking anything in excess before a show (water or otherwise). If itís seats, then you can be a bit more lenient without much of an issue.

In the times you do have to leave and go, it helps when the crowd is relatively lax or when you befriend the people around you first before leaving.
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old July 4th 2018, 04:22 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
But of a lengthy one, but I just thought I would put a word of warning out to anyone that is male and over 30 who are attending a foo fighters gig...
Imagine, driving 300 miles to go and see one of your favourite bands... turning up on a Friday to go and watch Dave and co rock and turning up at a hotel just to turn and leave straight away to go and catch a train that you have no real concept of how they work or where they are actually going.
Youíre excited, youíve had a little to drink... you turn up at the stadium in time to watch Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes explode on to the stage... you find a new banks that you didnít know much about, but man... they killed it! You wait... next band... they finish... you start to feel the need to pee... but you hold it... Dave will be here soon and Iíve got a pretty awesome spot... Iíll hold it... itíll be fine... they wonít play for that long. Iíll have a little more to drink and just stand here... Out come the Foos... I have forgotten about my need to pee... this is fine.

Holy shit... 2 and a half hours of pure explosions and excitement. Did I move? Did I fuck!
Nope; not even close. Time dragged on... another hour passes. They are still going. This is the best night ever...
Now itís done, the crowd move to the exits which takes about the same amount of time to get your call answered by British Gas... I finally find a toilet and go.

Now, most times this would be the end of the story... an amazing night was had, I didnít get stabbed in London and the trains still confuse me but I got back without accidentally entering that many people on the tube.

One of my testicles, the right one (my favourite one) has for some reason swollen to 3 times the size it should be...
I rush to the hospital with what feels like one of the beach balls that was being thrown around at the gig now attached to me and causing some serious pain...

I have a semi severe infection in my right bollock caused by a urine infection from holding it in...

Would I do it again? I plan to at the Queens of the Stone Age gig at Eden project...

The moral of the story... if youíre over thirty, and planning on going to a Foo Fighters gig... do what you tell your kids to do before each long car journey... Just go and have a little try... because if you donít, it really fucking hurts and you could lose a bollock... possibly your favourite one...
That's some story.
Old July 13th 2018, 03:40 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:

You just wanted to talk about your balls....
Old July 30th 2018, 05:34 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
300 miles to go and see one of your favourite band play guitar.We had a similar night when we went out with our Employees..
Now that's what I call a wild night! Ouch! Too bad you didn't have a guitar at the end to make a hilarious song about your adventure.

Last edited by Blackguitar : January 27th 2019 at 03:57 AM.
Old July 31st 2018, 09:44 PM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

I was on the front barrier for the Saturday show and managed to leave and come back for toilet/food break no problem. Next time you need a wee during a show go for it!!!!
24.08.12 Leeds Festival
11.09.14 House of Vans
14.09.14 Olympic Park
27.05.15 Manchester LCCC
06.09.15 MK Bowl
09.11.15 Krakow
24.02.17 Cheese and Grain
25.06.17 Glastonbury Festival
03.07.17 Paris
07.07.17 NOS Alive
19.09.17 O2 Arena
11.06.18 Antwerp
19.06.18 Manchester Etihad
22.06.18 Olympic Stadium
23.06.18 Olympic Stadium

and for the 'we are on a break tour 2019' 19.06.19 Pula Arena
Old August 1st 2018, 09:35 AM
Monkey

Sounds painful!

I've never got right to the front at a Stadium gig, but remember Foo's Wembley we were by the catwalk and got in and out as needed and were still close enough to make out Jimmy Page!

2011 - Milton Keynes
2008 - Wembley
2007 - The O2
2006 - Hyde Park
2005 - Earls Court
Old August 1st 2018, 05:16 PM
Misbehaving in Rest Home w/ the FOOS

Hey, I’m glad your balls are (is on)on the mend ..for reals �� Just don’t drink at the show, you don’t need it really. You get a natural buzz from a Foos concert experience anyway. I found myself on the rail very recently and the energy around me was so intense, I had to put on my headphones and listen to meditation music prior to the show. Saved all the natural energy for the show.

Foo Fighters concerts kick ass, don’t they ✌��

Last edited by Amy_B_FooHawk_MovedOn : August 1st 2018 at 05:20 PM. Reason: I wanted two ball emojis, but due to coding, a parentheses jacked up the second balls display. I opted for a singular ball
Old August 2nd 2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
I was on the front barrier for the Saturday show and managed to leave and come back for toilet/food break no problem. Next time you need a wee during a show go for it!!!!
Friday was nice and easy to get back after going for a quick break between bands... that cirlce was lovely.

Saturday being just outside it, was crowded but still managed to get back and forth without real issue.
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Future: Pula?
Old August 2nd 2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
... you could lose a bollock... possibly your favourite one...
Luckily for me, I have 3.
Old August 26th 2018, 06:27 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_B_FooHawk_MovedOn View Post
Hey, Iím glad your balls are (is on)on the mend ..for reals �� Just donít drink at the show, you donít need it really. You get a natural buzz from a Foos concert experience anyway. I found myself on the rail very recently and the energy around me was so intense, I had to put on my headphones and listen to meditation music prior to the show. Saved all the natural energy for the show.

Foo Fighters concerts kick ass, donít they ✌��
Yeah, normally I donít drink at all, but it was outlet honeymoon so we let our hair down a little... lesson learnt. 😂
Old August 26th 2018, 06:29 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris92 View Post
Friday was nice and easy to get back after going for a quick break between bands... that cirlce was lovely.

Saturday being just outside it, was crowded but still managed to get back and forth without real issue.
Yeah, I wish i had tried at the time really. But hey, at least I got a weird story out of it, I guess...