Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old June 14th 2011, 12:25 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

I have an small Foo fighters musicbox with "The Pretender"! Bought from a store at cologne
Old June 14th 2011, 05:29 PM
I'll Stick Around

Arrived today:

Cheer Up Boys (Your Make Up Is Running) Promo CD

Bad photo as the sun was shining directly on it, so all the dust and thumb prints are picked up (especially as I did it with my DSLR as that was to hand), but it's this one:
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...DSC_0010-2.jpg

You can see my music collection here -
http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/darthlemsip/ - It's very much a work in progress, so more stuff will be added as I get round to it! (Needs quite a bit adding now)

Last edited by darthlemsip : June 14th 2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old June 14th 2011, 05:42 PM
I'll Stick Around

Just in : Back and Forth Bluray

Foo related: Them Crooked Vultures LP, got it for $8 on clearance at Best Buy!
Old June 14th 2011, 09:26 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Give A Fook View Post
What are you saying, no code won the auction but you bought the artwork of the release privately? Not very nice.
No man, I - ME WON the auction. I beat him fair and square with a higher bid in the normal auction process. I then noticed hey hang on there actually isnt any artwork shown anywhere in the auction, Id better just double check before I pay quite a lot of money for this.

The seller said no it didn't have any, never was any but that I shouldn't worry because he was told that's exactly how it should be. To which I said um no that's not how it should be at all. It has VERY special black artwork. I showed him the Discogs link. He then finally agreed to void the sale.

I'm guessing at that point he decided to offer the item to no code, who accepted thinking he was getting a really cool promo as well.

I was there
Old June 14th 2011, 09:30 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlocke View Post
Just in: (friggin finally! after a long month of waiting...)

- Medium Rare CD

It was nice to see that dude from eBay whom I purchased the CD from met my demands and padded and bubble-wrapped the hell out of that CD, so it's minty-minty all the way...
Nice one - I've been listening to mine for the last week on my iPod, I ripped in the Darling Nicky track off Have it All to make it complete

I was there
Old June 14th 2011, 09:40 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

OK it's official - Alban just has WAY too much disposable Foo money

We all like a nice new Promo CDR - but $92 shipped - weeeeeee

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350469201346

I was there
Old June 14th 2011, 09:44 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPark09 View Post
Just in : Back and Forth Bluray

Foo related: Them Crooked Vultures LP, got it for $8 on clearance at Best Buy!
Good deal on that LP. I would have jumped on that too!
9-17-2011......St. Louis, Scottrade Center
Old June 14th 2011, 10:32 PM
I'll Stick Around

Yeah it was a really odd experience buying vinyl from Best Buy, they have a small section that they are getting rid of in that location. Funniest thing I saw was the Guns and Roses Chinese Democracy LP marked down to $1.99. Still not cheap enough if you ask me!
Old June 14th 2011, 10:35 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPark09 View Post
Yeah it was a really odd experience buying vinyl from Best Buy, they have a small section that they are getting rid of in that location. Funniest thing I saw was the Guns and Roses Chinese Democracy LP marked down to $1.99. Still not cheap enough if you ask me!
I don't know, if you took the $1.99 they were offering to pay you to take it away the Vultures would have only cost $6

I was there
Old June 15th 2011, 12:44 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by longever View Post
Thanks, didn;t know there was a scandinavian version of everlong. what cover does it have?
Here is that Scandinavian (Dutch) Everlong CD Single. Steepish price, but seller would probably ship overseas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290577206472

I was there
Old June 15th 2011, 03:45 AM
I'd rather leave than suffer this

I've ordered the regular version of Back and Forth and just bought the cool guy wristband/pick dealie on the store...

Gonna buy the HYDE park DVD when I get the cash and be finished for a while. I've got everything save for Medium Rare, the singles and the DVD that comes with ObO or whatever that is. I'm sure I'm missing stuff I can't remember as well.
Old June 15th 2011, 05:12 AM
Insert Wookie noise here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
OK it's official - Alban just has WAY too much disposable Foo money

We all like a nice new Promo CDR - but $92 shipped - weeeeeee

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350469201346
Indeed. I quit bidding after it hit 66. Another one will probably turn up at some point.

If you are bidding on an item, and it isn't in Albans collection yet, you almost know for certain you are gonna lose

By the way. I got out of the whole The Colour and the Shape of things to come deal. The seller was really nice, and refunded me. It just wasn't clear to me that it was missing the insert. Thank god there are still some decent people/ sellers out there!

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old June 15th 2011, 08:49 AM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by no code View Post
Indeed. I quit bidding after it hit 66. Another one will probably turn up at some point.

If you are bidding on an item, and it isn't in Albans collection yet, you almost know for certain you are gonna lose

By the way. I got out of the whole The Colour and the Shape of things to come deal. The seller was really nice, and refunded me. It just wasn't clear to me that it was missing the insert. Thank god there are still some decent people/ sellers out there!
Yeah the way I see it, I know exactly what he has and doesn't have. I know he wants anything he doesn't have, I know he will get anything he doesn't have, and I know he's a nice guy so as the biggest collector I just follow most of these first ones and dont get into a bidding war with him and push the price up. Kind of a courtesy thing for me I guess. If its older and I dont have it then I bid depending on how my finances are. Like you the Foos arent the only band I collect.

Our tape seller didnt want to help me at first, so my experience was a bit different. I had to push a bit with my explanation, I dont think he believed me initially. So I think maybe I did a bit of ground work for you, but either way Im glad you got it sorted. And you're right it wasn't at all clear there was no artwork, we both bid thinking there was, and the auction ran 10 days and I never thought to ask until afterward.

I wouldn't mind having just the tape, better than nothing at all, but that is THE most collectible cassette there is after Late, so you really want it to be complete, it's a shame someone must have framed the inlay or something along the way.

I was there
Old June 15th 2011, 10:45 AM
Insert Wookie noise here..

I think your groundwork did help in this case. Thanks for that!

It indeed is a true collectable cassette. I think I've only seen it 2 or 3 times on the bay. Would obviously like a copy. Our time will come

In your opinion, what are the rarest cassettes (besides Pocketwatch)?

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old June 15th 2011, 02:01 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Yeah the way I see it, I know exactly what he has and doesn't have. I know he wants anything he doesn't have, I know he will get anything he doesn't have, and I know he's a nice guy so as the biggest collector I just follow most of these first ones and dont get into a bidding war with him and push the price up. Kind of a courtesy thing for me I guess. If its older and I dont have it then I bid depending on how my finances are. Like you the Foos arent the only band I collect.

Our tape seller didnt want to help me at first, so my experience was a bit different. I had to push a bit with my explanation, I dont think he believed me initially. So I think maybe I did a bit of ground work for you, but either way Im glad you got it sorted. And you're right it wasn't at all clear there was no artwork, we both bid thinking there was, and the auction ran 10 days and I never thought to ask until afterward.

I wouldn't mind having just the tape, better than nothing at all, but that is THE most collectible cassette there is after Late, so you really want it to be complete, it's a shame someone must have framed the inlay or something along the way.
I emailed him long before auction end asking about artwork. I'm surprised he appeared unwilling to help. Really, he should have published the question for all to see. Oh well.
Old June 15th 2011, 02:32 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by no code View Post
I think your groundwork did help in this case. Thanks for that!

It indeed is a true collectable cassette. I think I've only seen it 2 or 3 times on the bay. Would obviously like a copy. Our time will come

In your opinion, what are the rarest cassettes (besides Pocketwatch)?
You could write a page full of all the rare promo cassettes Alban has. Some of them could even be one offs, nobody could really tell until someone else comes along and says yes i have that but the hand writing is different here, or there etc etc.

Some of his will be fake too, and i don't mean that as a bad thing exactly, it's just he nature of the game if you buy them, and nobody can truly tell for sure. But he will definitely have the most anywhere - and they are the rarest, no question at all.

On the production cassettes, the TCATS Black USA promo has long been known to be the rarest and most prized. That artwork swap-out to black alone is near priceless, but it's also as rare as any of them get.

Number 2 is probably the New Zealand Call Single, I fucking live here and I don't have it. Some fellow board basta... - uh member just picked one up for 2 pounds a month ago on our local trading site that i scour like a demon for just this release - funny and depressing at the same time

I believe there could be an Aussie one of those too, never seen one but if it exists it was probably made in bigger numbers. There ARE both versions for Stick Around - they are about just as rare but I think they made more of them.

It pretty much follows a pattern - the UK Cows cassette is pretty damn rare, but I think the Next Year one is rarer and worth more - less copies made though again hard to be sure, and always in high demand, probably because the 7" is on the rare side PLUS by 2000 nobody gave much of a damn about cassettes so hardly anyone bought them. Same would have gone more or less for Walking After You 2 years earlier though that's not too terribly rare, you still see them now and again.

Big Me UK is a little more common but again the NZ version is very rare, and again Ive heard there was either an AUS promo or an actual release - nothing on Discogs for that though.

So basically get what you can. Any of the official cassettes are worth nothing for sound quality, but just to own them complete they are very valuable because they all came from the time when cassettes were dying as a format, so nobody bought them and nobody has ever tried to copy them. Which makes them all rarer by a factor of maybe more than a thousand compared to even the 7 inch vinyl releases.

I was there
Old June 15th 2011, 02:38 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

And to top of my day of posting ...

Just won tonight (by my bank manager) LMAO

My missing UK One By One 12 Inch Vinyl - Yeah FINALLY!

And it's...

SEALED motherfuckers -

I was there
Old June 15th 2011, 02:42 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
And to top of my day of posting ...

Just won tonight (by my bank manager) LMAO

My missing UK One By One 12 Inch Vinyl - Yeah FINALLY!

And it's...

SEALED motherfuckers -
Nice. Not the one currently listed on eBay. Where did you find this one?
Old June 15th 2011, 02:43 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronThumbDrew View Post
I emailed him long before auction end asking about artwork. I'm surprised he appeared unwilling to help. Really, he should have published the question for all to see. Oh well.
Now that's interesting - he gave me shit in his first reply, even after I'd pointed him to Stunirvs entire fucking page on the cassette. It wasn't until I backed it up with Alban's Discog entry that he realised he couldn't demand completion without risking losing the cassette AND the money. Maybe I rubbed him up the wrong way. or maybe he had a bad trading day, who knows. It was a 50 US sale. Course that was half the value of the real complete tape so I was praying... lol

Not to be

I was there
Old June 15th 2011, 02:45 PM
I'll Stick Around

My latest items the past week...

TINLTL -US LP (finally, and I have to admit, I do think it is the worst sounding of all my FF vinyl.)

Black FF Shirt - Limited Edition from online store

Back and Forth DVD