Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion > Foo Fighters Collections and Recordings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 2nd 2013, 02:30 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooZealand View Post
I agree with April - DON'T DO IT!!

Value I quote from my source relates to insurance - "real" value, well of course you need a buyer, so it has to have a history or a rarity that is known and verified. Pocketwatch probably $300 on the going market both to sell or insure. Deluxe $1000 insurance and I wager you'd get that on sale too if you did it right or were patient. But when you sell in a hurry you can expect to get sometimes half the amount you might.
Thanks. I expect my collection to be "worth" around 8k-10k but would happily settle for 5k if I could sell it in one hit. I'll keep adding to it for now but keep your eyes peeled in the next 18 months or so lol!

My main concern is I'll list everything and be stuck with a bunch of shitty CDR's nobody wants. What if I listed them as collections? e.g. everything I have on Have It All or everything I have for One By One. There'd be some good value items in there along with all the naff bits and it gets it all off my hands. Would that be attractive to some?
Old April 2nd 2013, 02:41 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronThumbDrew View Post
Thanks. I expect my collection to be "worth" around 8k-10k but would happily settle for 5k if I could sell it in one hit. I'll keep adding to it for now but keep your eyes peeled in the next 18 months or so lol!

My main concern is I'll list everything and be stuck with a bunch of shitty CDR's nobody wants. What if I listed them as collections? e.g. everything I have on Have It All or everything I have for One By One. There'd be some good value items in there along with all the naff bits and it gets it all off my hands. Would that be attractive to some?
Tell me to fuck off, but why are you considering selling? It seems very sudden.I don't want you to regret your decision!
Old April 2nd 2013, 05:05 PM
legendary

Bit late to the party, but ...

Bought for me by my mum a couple of weeks ago! Best ever.
Old April 2nd 2013, 05:08 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Tell me to fuck off, but why are you considering selling? It seems very sudden.I don't want you to regret your decision!
Fuck off!

Seriously considering moving to Australia, decided last week to move it up a notch from nice idea to serious option. The prospect of having to pack up my house and ship it 10,000 miles is pretty overwhelming, so I figured I'd sell everything instead. Good way to de-clutter!

I originally collected back in 1999-2002. Sold everything then too, and I only moved across the country. It's only stuff. The collecting is a fun (but expensive) portion of it, but I'm not especially attached to any of this stuff.
Old April 2nd 2013, 05:32 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Fuck off!

Seriously considering moving to Australia, decided last week to move it up a notch from nice idea to serious option. The prospect of having to pack up my house and ship it 10,000 miles is pretty overwhelming, so I figured I'd sell everything instead. Good way to de-clutter!

I originally collected back in 1999-2002. Sold everything then too, and I only moved across the country. It's only stuff. The collecting is a fun (but expensive) portion of it, but I'm not especially attached to any of this stuff.
Don't sell everything though.You should keep your deluxe WL set at least & pocketwatch!
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old April 2nd 2013, 06:41 PM
Insert Wookie noise here..

Quote:
I hope April sends you a very rude PM
April sent me a very rude one, but still it made me laugh

PM me anytime you want. I'm in for some cool stuff.

I can understand your decision. I almost did the same a while ago when I was buying my new house.

(part of my) Record Collection

http://www.discogs.com/user/boyschouten/collection
Old April 2nd 2013, 06:42 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no code View Post
April sent me a very rude one, but still it made me laugh

PM me anytime you want. I'm in for some cool stuff.

I can understand your decision. I almost did the same a while ago when I was buying my new house.
What PM was THAT?! lol!
Etihad Stadium,Manchester 2018
Sportpaleis Arena,Antwerp,2018
O2 Arena,London,2017
Nos Alive Festival,Lisbon,2017
Accor Arena,Paris,France,2017
Cheese & Grain,Frome,2017
Krakow Tauron Arena,2015
Milton Keynes National Bowl x2,2015
Lancashire CCC Ground,2015
Invictus Closing Concert,2014
Sound City Players, London,2013
Leeds Fest,2012
Milton Keynes,2011
Wembley Stadium,2008
Manchester City Stadium,2008
Old April 2nd 2013, 11:34 PM
Lord of the Seven Kingdoms

Quote:
Would that be attractive to some?
Honestly, when it comes to having every single possible release for any given track, your buying market is going to be very small.

Unless you can find a new collector who has nothing, wants everything, and has a shitload of cash to throw at it, it's not going to happen.

Most 'serious' collectors will already have a stash, and may only want to pad out their collection or replace items you may have that are in a better condition.

You obviously have a bunch of rare items, that individually could net you a tidy sum. I think if you have the time, you would be better off selling it piece by piece, and maybe adding some of the CDRs as a bonus with your rarer items...

Best of luck anyway, and we would welcome you with open arms to the lucky country!!
Old April 2nd 2013, 11:38 PM
Lord of the Seven Kingdoms

In other news, my IYH box set just arrived, and last night I finally grabbed the Neapolitan Metropolitan singles for a good price - hoping they arrive in good condition (spatula included!!).

It's been a good week or two for me...
Old April 3rd 2013, 09:33 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFurlong View Post
Honestly, when it comes to having every single possible release for any given track, your buying market is going to be very small.

Unless you can find a new collector who has nothing, wants everything, and has a shitload of cash to throw at it, it's not going to happen.

Most 'serious' collectors will already have a stash, and may only want to pad out their collection or replace items you may have that are in a better condition.

You obviously have a bunch of rare items, that individually could net you a tidy sum. I think if you have the time, you would be better off selling it piece by piece, and maybe adding some of the CDRs as a bonus with your rarer items...

Best of luck anyway, and we would welcome you with open arms to the lucky country!!
I agree but due to the need to sell quickly, I think my only resort will be eil.com. Which sucks! I'd much rather it went to a collector at a reasonable price. Maybe I can offload all the shit to them first and divvy up everything else on here lol!
Old April 3rd 2013, 10:27 AM
I'll Stick Around

In other news, the past few weeks have been pretty decent. I got all the Sound City stuff, a DOA VHS not on Discogs (will be added this weekend), Me, Myself and Irene promo CD, Scream No More Censorship Canada CS and....

Next Year Live In Holland!!!!

Finally!

It was the one listed on Amazon for $99 for ages. I emailed the seller and offered him 30 and he took it. Lesson here is to always negotiate!

(Although I did get stung with customs and the 8 handling charge!!)
Old April 3rd 2013, 10:38 AM
Fooper!

Quote:
In other news, the past few weeks have been pretty decent. I got all the Sound City stuff, a DOA VHS not on Discogs (will be added this weekend), Me, Myself and Irene promo CD, Scream No More Censorship Canada CS and....

Finally!

It was the one listed on Amazon for $99 for ages. I emailed the seller and offered him 30 and he took it. Lesson here is to always negotiate!

And it's stuff you will be selling!
Old April 3rd 2013, 12:37 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
I agree but due to the need to sell quickly, I think my only resort will be eil.com. Which sucks! I'd much rather it went to a collector at a reasonable price. Maybe I can offload all the shit to them first and divvy up everything else on here lol!
Put a list together if it comes to it and a price - we will still be your best bet. Could be someone local can take the "2nds" at a better price and have the time to sell them at a better price giving you both a better outcome, while you sell the higher rating stuff yourself - just a thought anyway.

I was there
Old April 3rd 2013, 12:38 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Talking Re: Your latest Foo item?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
And it's stuff you will be selling!
That's it lass - keep smacking his butt

I was there
Old April 3rd 2013, 12:43 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:

Yep bulk sales will be governed even then by the gems inside - people like us will be interested just for 2/10 of the contents - the price will still be more than the casual buyer cares to pay for the other 8/10ths and you basically end up giving them away. Far better to split it up - even if you get someone else to do it and leave it behind.

I was there
Old April 3rd 2013, 12:46 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:

Finally!

Yes your need to be rid of it all is vastly turning into a why are you still buying then question - and yes I've been there and I know the end will be oops I'm being a dickhead - nevermind, nothing to see here... move along

I was there
Old April 3rd 2013, 12:58 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

Quote:
In other news, my IYH box set just arrived, and last night I finally grabbed the Neapolitan Metropolitan singles for a good price - hoping they arrive in good condition (spatula included!!).

It's been a good week or two for me...
NICE - Neapolitan is must have = Pocketwatch IMHO. And it is such a cool package even just as an item nevermind its Dave being Alex "Vanilla" McCloud, at a time when he wanted to be quietly nobody...

PS... 13K - you're not in the lucky country now - you're "In the land of the sick, twisted, and lost forever..." ( Foo Fighters 2014 Roswell Records (LP Lyrics) ) hehehe

I was there
Old April 3rd 2013, 01:08 PM
Easy For YOU To Say

I'm being a thread pig I know...

So lastly from me tonight a "how could you not buy something this cool" post... yours for only 8 "lucky country" dollars - only the lucky country was NZ... never seen this one before - the art alone is worth that I reckon lol

I was there
Old April 3rd 2013, 01:37 PM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Yes your need to be rid of it all is vastly turning into a why are you still buying then question - and yes I've been there and I know the end will be oops I'm being a dickhead - nevermind, nothing to see here... move along
Ha! All purchased and in transit prior to decision being made. Also, I reckon I've got another 18 months before I sell. 6 to make a final decision and then it's quite a lengthy application process, even with family there. We let the Aussies in here willy nilly, would really appreciate the return gesture!
Old April 3rd 2013, 02:14 PM
Fooper!

Quote:
That's it lass - keep smacking his butt
Bagsy the miracle promo cd!!!