Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old December 6th 2019, 01:01 AM
Because, why the fuck not?

Default How did the Foo Fighters burn themselves into your brain?

For me, it began when I was about 14. There were 24 houses on my street, and I mowed half the lawns. So I'd leave the house with the mower, my discman, and a CD. Most of the time it'd be a Foo CD, mostly TCATS. I'm fairly certain I can recite every lyric except for February Stars. What a shit song after Everlong, my favorite song of all!

MLB2Night

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do" ~ Steve Jobs
Old December 6th 2019, 02:33 AM
Visiting is pretty...

Default Re: How did the Foo Fighters burn themselves into your brain?

My other half took me to a gig and that was it....(he maybe regretting it now .. )
Old December 10th 2019, 05:41 PM
I use the FF's lyrics to charm

I always liked Foo Fighters since i discovered that the ex drummer of Nirvana has a band nowadays.

So i listenned to their hits again again and again but i don't know why, I was too younger to interest me about all of their works (I was stuck with Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots at this period).

Later, I saw in my YouTube recommendations "Run" (it was before the release of C&G) and i heard that riff.......boom it totally blowed me away.

Since that moment, i'm quite obsessed by this band, i know by heart all of their songs and it helps me everyday when i'm in a bad mood.

And the last summer i saw them for the first time at the Sziget Festival with my ex crush. That was the most incredible night of my whole little life.
The girl is not at my side anymore but the memories of this event are in my head for the eternity.
Old December 10th 2019, 08:46 PM
Have you found your way around

Heard My Hero, heard it again a few times and then found TCATS, and didn't look back.

WS 6/6/08, MKB 2/7/11, RF 26/8/12, HoV 11/9/14, IAH 12/9/14, IG 14/9/14, WS 20/6/15 o2A 19/9/17, LS 22+23/6/18, Pula 18+19/6/19, RDS.D. 21/8/19, RF 25/8/19. Future: No One Knows
Old December 20th 2019, 03:18 PM
Visiting is pretty...

For me, it was by complete surprise. Not having access to MTV at the time and a plethora of pretty dire bubble gum pop radio stations in the UK, I was in a hotel room and I'll stick around came on. Apart from the graphics and the germ thingy flying around, it was one of those OMG moments when I noticed it was Dave Grohl from Nirvana.

Been hooked ever since.
Old January 4th 2020, 05:38 AM
Visiting is pretty...

I was a bit late, I have to admit. I always kind of liked their music, but i never paid too much attention to it and it wasnít until 2011 or so when I found out Dave used to be in Nirvana ( duh!)
When I Shazamed ĎThese Daysí three times in a couple of days, because it caught my attention every time I heard it on the radio, I knew there was more to the band than I initially thought.

Then I saw them for the first time in concert in 2015 and I was blown away, even with Dave sitting on his throne 😆.

I quickly caught up with all the previous albums and saw them again in December 2017 and back to back in Alberta in 2018. Now I canít wait to see them again and Iím patiently waiting for a new album and new tour dates.