Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > General Foo Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 9th 2011, 05:57 PM
Visiting is pretty...

Default RXP 101.9 NYC Interview W/ Matt Pinfield this morning

Was anyone able to catch this, this morning at 9? I heard part of it accidentally while driving to work. Great interview with commentary about the making of the new album... song to song. The played the entire album also. Nice way to follow up the documentary airing from last night. I missed part of it and was hoping I could find it online somewhere.
Old April 9th 2011, 06:46 PM
I'll Stick Around

Default Re: RXP 101.9 NYC Interview W/ Matt Pinfield this morning

I've been looking too, but no luck yet. They haven't posted and date/time for the Boston station, so it's likely I won't get to hear it at all unless someone happens to record and upload it.
Old April 10th 2011, 12:57 AM
Visiting is pretty...

FYI, found it in the most obvious of places... the station website. Look for "April Foos". It's in 4 parts.
Old April 10th 2011, 01:02 AM
I'll Stick Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyannaD View Post
I've been looking too, but no luck yet. They haven't posted and date/time for the Boston station, so it's likely I won't get to hear it at all unless someone happens to record and upload it.
Go to www.FMQB.com for times across the country and I believe, in Canada too. You'll see a prompt for the interview. click it and you'll get the whole radio network that broadcast it. Just reaired in NY. Maybe Boston will still be airing. Worth a look.
I just looked for you. It says WBOS TBD. Maybe you can call up the station to find out when they will air it?

Last edited by foo play : April 10th 2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old April 10th 2011, 09:46 AM
I'll Stick Around

It's supposed to be aired tonight on 105.3 the bear, in my area....7? 9? I forget, but I'll be listening.
Old April 10th 2011, 03:25 PM
I'll Stick Around

You don't have to wait, the entire interview is online now:

http://www.1019rxp.com/Channels/Week...spx?id=1398739
Old April 10th 2011, 03:45 PM
I'll Stick Around

thank you for link!!!
Old April 11th 2011, 02:56 AM
I'll Stick Around

I get the impression from this interview that Dave thinks that These Days might be one of his favorite all-time songs that he has done. Said that it was super-easy to put it together, with very little editing.
In his words, he feels that it is a song that will be considered an instant classic, one that is requested at concerts, played at weddings, funerals, eyt. lol
Old April 11th 2011, 03:12 AM
Shaking like the thunder Sinking under

LOL Re: RXP 101.9 NYC Interview W/ Matt Pinfield this morning

my god! when he was talking about making the recordings of the songs, the build up of Bridge Burning and when he screams "these are my famous last words!!!!" I feel like we were all part of that!
I remember chatting with someone here on this site while the cameras were rolling at DG's house and we were watching the live stream as they were recording...trying to hear what he and band were recording. They accidentally left the sound on and we heard him shout that!

Then someone must've told him we were talking about it on the fan site because he came on camera and he turned down the sound, told us to "shut the *#!!! up and just watch", LOL!
Old April 11th 2011, 04:45 AM
Never knowing who to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemee View Post
I get the impression from this interview that Dave thinks that These Days might be one of his favorite all-time songs that he has done. Said that it was super-easy to put it together, with very little editing.
In his words, he feels that it is a song that will be considered an instant classic, one that is requested at concerts, played at weddings, funerals, eyt. lol
I pretty much agree that the song is going to be huge, at least as big as Times Like These but probably bigger. I haven't listened to the interview yet, but I assume this means it will be a single.