Go Back   Foo Fighters Postboard > Foo Fighters Discussion > Hey, check out my Foo...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 30th 2018, 03:03 PM
The Sidekick

Default Out now! '7 Corners - The Recording History of Dave Grohl & Foo Fighters' book

Out now!

Quote:
Explore over 30 years of recording history all in one detailed collection. From the hits to the deep cuts, the big albums to one-off projects, immerse yourself in the stories of how the music of Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters was created.

Make no mistake, ‘7 Corners’ is not just another Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters biography. It’s not a book exploring their personal stories, how many records they’ve sold or the general timeline of the band that you’ve heard many times before. This is a unique book focused solely on the music.

Documenting over 75 different recording sessions spanning 30+ years this book aims to place you in the recording studios and experience what it is like for Dave Grohl, the rest of Foo Fighters and various other musicians to record some of their biggest hits. The recording of all nine studio Foo Fighters albums, demo recording, side projects, Dave’s early pre-Nirvana bands, it is all here.

Hundreds of hours of research has been conducted in putting together the book including talking to many of the people who were at the sessions. Band members, producers, studio owners, engineers, photographers, they’ve all been approached and have helped contribute first hand information to what is undoubtedly the ultimate collection of information on the recording history of an extraordinary musician and his world beating band.

Presented in a chronological order, you’ll be able to live through each session and pass through time with Dave and the band as they record around the world – it’s all documented In this exhaustive collection.

Kindle ebook: https://smarturl.it/7corners-ebook
PDF ebook: https://gum.co/qKyUvO
Paperback: https://smarturl.it/7corners-paperback

I hope you enjoy it! If you do buy a copy I'd appreciate if you left a review, positive or not.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.

Last edited by Simon : March 29th 2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old March 29th 2019, 04:08 PM
Have you found your way around

Default Re: Out now! '7 Corners - The Recording History of Dave Grohl & Foo Fighters' book

Just bought my copy! Look forward to reading this Simon.
2011: St. Paul
2015: St. Paul, Chicago (Wrigley), Anaheim (9/19)
2017: Chicago (Metro), Madison, Des Moines, Sioux Falls
2018: Milwaukee, St. Paul
Old April 2nd 2019, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Out now! '7 Corners - The Recording History of Dave Grohl & Foo Fighters' book

Well done Simon!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Leeds Festival 05 -- MEN Arena 05 -- Hyde Park 06 -- Metro Arena 07 -- Eastlands stadium 08 -
Old April 3rd 2019, 12:29 PM

Arrived Monday, got it next on my list of to read
House of Vans, 11th September 2014
Islington Assembly Hall, 12th September 2014
Invictus Games, 14th September 2014
Wembley Stadium, 20th June 2015
o2 Arena, 19th September 2017
London Stadium, 22nd & 23rd June 2018
Pula Arena, 18th & 19th June 2019
future: Dublin... Reading?
Old April 5th 2019, 10:36 PM
The Sidekick

I hope you guys enjoy it! If you do (or don't!), I'd appreciate it if you left a review on Amazon, it really helps me out.

--
Can't post? Can't sign in? Email me if you have a technical issue related to the board.
Old April 24th 2019, 04:56 AM
The Sidekick

For those of you with eReaders other than Kindle the book is now available in the open ePub format, which should also work in things like Apple Books, Google Play Books, or even just using the Microsoft Edge browser. Lots of things support the ePub format - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB#Reading_software

https://gumroad.com/l/vdTB

--